Deon Sanders

someone should explain that to Tony G who said he would go in as a Chief.

I've heard several players say things like that. :lol: It makes you wonder, but it doesn't change the truth.

I think is has to do with the fact that when you go in, your bust is what gets in. They can't very well do that with a helmet on.

In baseball, they create the bust with your team's hat on it, therefore a player has to choose which team to rep. Not the case with football.

I personally don't care what they put him in as. To me Primetime is a Falcon and will always be. He started his career here and gave us some good years. He is one of my favorite Falcons of all time. Back in the day Atlanta was definitely the house that Primetime built. Congrats to Deion!!!!!

I've heard several players say things like that. :lol: It makes you wonder, but it doesn't change the truth.

I think is has to do with the fact that when you go in, your bust is what gets in. They can't very well do that with a helmet on.

In baseball, they create the bust with your team's hat on it, therefore a player has to choose which team to rep. Not the case with football.

Sports writers choose what team baseball players go in as based on stats and tenure...essentially. Deion is in the Falcon ROH nuff said.

Andre Dawson would benefit more finacially by going in the baseball HOF as a Cub but his bust is in a Montreal Expo cap because that was were his most significant statistics were at.

Deion's best stats were with ATL and that is undeniable. Falcons fans that deny him are misinterpreting bad ownership and placing blame on DS#21. The Braves were stupid and the Falcons were stupid for letting a gem of an athlete walk out of ATL.

Not from ATL but in my heyday that was the place to be and DS#21 was the main attraction. It's sad he did not spend more time in the Black n Red.

Sports writers choose what team baseball players go in as based on stats and tenure...essentially. Deion is in the Falcon ROH nuff said.

This. +1

Yup. Sports writers/hall of fame. Not sure myself how the final vote is tallied, but in baseball the player has little to no say. See Andre Dawson.

Deion was a great player for the Falcons

He was also a great player for the Cowboys. He won a super bowl with the boys....

If he did wanna be remembered by one team....I don't think I would begrudge him if it was the team that got him some bling.

Andre Dawson would benefit more finacially by going in the baseball HOF as a Cub but his bust is in a Montreal Expo cap because that was were his most significant statistics were at.

Deion's best stats were with ATL and that is undeniable. Falcons fans that deny him are misinterpreting bad ownership and placing blame on DS#21. The Braves were stupid and the Falcons were stupid for letting a gem of an athlete walk out of ATL.

Not from ATL but in my heyday that was the place to be and DS#21 was the main attraction. It's sad he did not spend more time in the Black n Red.

Good post +1

Can we take Deon's Picture down from the ring of honor and send it to Dallas along with his sorry self?

Best Idea yet.

It’s a disgrace to all previous and future Falcon players for him to be in the ROH. The most self centered, ‘all about me’ player to ever put on the Red and Black.

I’d take it a step further - he don’t belong in the HOF. One dimensional coverage corner who has yet to make his first NFL form tackle. Also ran a couple punt and kickoff’s back when he wasn’t holding out or doing some baseball gig – perhaps this why he is so selfish in the first place (really a baseball player)

He just don’t cut it in my book, for ROH or HOF.

Best Idea yet.

It’s a disgrace to all previous and future Falcon players for him to be in the ROH. The most self centered, ‘all about me’ player to ever put on the Red and Black.

I’d take it a step further - he don’t belong in the HOF. One dimensional coverage corner who has yet to make his first NFL form tackle. Also ran a couple punt and kickoff’s back when he wasn’t holding out or doing some baseball gig – perhaps this why he is so selfish in the first place (really a baseball player)

He just don’t cut it in my book, for ROH or HOF.

:lol: I am glad your book doesn't have any bearing on him being in the HOF or ROH. I do agree that he was self centered at times, but the guy played the **** out of that corner position. His tackling skills may have not been all that great, but he is still on of the best corners to play the game. One of few true shutdown corners ever.

Guest atl.falcon4ever

Can we take Deon's Picture down from the ring of honor and send it to Dallas along with his sorry self?

You read my mind. :angry:

Wrong. Players don't "go in" as anything. In baseball, they do. But in football, they don't. They simply go in as themselves.
Well, that may or may not be true today, but I can tell you this....when I visited the HoF a hand full of years ago, there is a piece of photo art that accompanies the bust in the personal display...it's usually something akin to a charcoal sketch where the player is in full color while the background on the field is in black and white. The player is depicted in the uniform that he played in during his career. Unless that has changed since my visit, Deion will be depicted as playing for one team or the other....obviously, it will come down to ATL or DAL. I think he spent 5 seasons with each team. His stats may have been better in ATL, but he got his ring with DAL. So, he has a decision to make as to how he wants himself to be depicted...he's now in the Falcon RoH, so what will he choose for the HoF in Canton?

By the way, if there's anyone here who hasn't been to the Hall...GO....GO IMMEDIATELY. If you are a real football fan, it will blow you away to stand in the presence of greatness, the memorabilia, the photos and videos, the artifacts...I spent HOURS just trolling along slowly taking it all in. It's the Mecca of pro football, and you're cheating yourself if you never go at least once in your lifetime. It's awesome. GO.

Pretty sure the players get to pick which team they go in as. The NFL probably has nothing to do with it. Tony G has also said he will go in as a Chief.

I read somewhere the NFL / HOF decide which team they go in as, something to do with which team they felt the player did more with..... though, I could easily see $$$ playing a part too!