Richard Seymour to The Falcons In 2011?

ryantlanta

Richard Seymour-DL-Raiders Feb. 5 - 10:13 am et

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution suggests impending Raiders free agent Richard Seymour would be a good fit for the Falcons.

Earlier this week it was reported that the Raiders would franchise tag Seymour, which would make the matter moot. Should the team let Seymour walk, the Falcons make a lot of sense. Seymour played his college ball at nearby Georgia and would fill a need for a Falcons team whose pass rush in 2010 aside from John Abraham was mediocre at best.

Source: Atlanta Journal-Constitution

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/Home_NFL.aspx

last story at bottom.

why cant you guys get an devolp young talent? ever other thread is about some old timer freeagent thats past their prime?

hmmm

Matt Ryan.... to 5 qb

Roddy White...top 3 wr

William Moore best safety in the NFCS

Curtis Lofton a to 10 linebacker in the nfl

Eric Weems- Probowl return man

Johnathon Babineaux -best DT in nfcs

Brent Grimes- the most athletic corner in the league.

we have developed plenty of talent.

But a good well placed FA signing/trade is usually the thing that puts a team over the top

Seymour was the only reason for a strong pass rush in my opinion for the raiders. His weight hasn't shown him ineffective. Also if he can't play DE then why are so many people concerned about how much he would ask. Granted I doubt we pull the trigger on him but he is a great veteran and ties to georgia so he would complement the team very well. Everyone wants a super bowl but forgets that like the patriots and many others they bring in aging players to help make that next step even if they are around for only a few years more. I don't understand why so many knock a proven veteran but then you see posts about how we need vets. Nobody knocks Tony Gonzalez and he is well up there in age.

I'm pretty sure Seymour played DT for Raiders, although correct me if I'm wrong. I believe the Raiders run a 4-3?

Regardless, Seymour woudl be a good signing to put next to Babineaux in the middle. We can make room for him buy releasing Jamaal Anderson and saving some salary that way.

I'm pretty sure Seymour played DT for Raiders, although correct me if I'm wrong. I believe the Raiders run a 4-3?

Regardless, Seymour woudl be a good signing to put next to Babineaux in the middle. We can make room for him buy releasing Jamaal Anderson and saving some salary that way.

That would be

Bierman Davis

Babs Walker Lewis

Seymour Peters Jerry

Abe Sidbury Stephens(PS)

???????that would be

Bierman Davis

Babs Walker Lewis

Seymour Peters Jerry

Abe Sidbury Stephens(PS)

Really????????

Edited by delaigle

hmmm

Matt Ryan.... to 5 qb

Roddy White...top 3 wr

William Moore best safety in the NFCS

Curtis Lofton a to 10 linebacker in the nfl

Eric Weems- Probowl return man

Johnathon Babineaux -best DT in nfcs

Brent Grimes- the most athletic corner in the league.

we have developed plenty of talent.

But a good well placed FA signing/trade is usually the thing that puts a team over the top

Not trying to knock the guy, but Weems was not the Pro-Bowl return man. He was a Pro-Bowl special teamer. Like a Steve Tasker. Hester was the Pro-Bowl returner.

If he wasnt tagged by the Raiders, he would be a great fit! People dont give him enough credit for how good he has been in OAK. His whole career he has been a top 10 DE when healthy.

He is the kind of guy Smith likes, and has the position flexibility.

He would have to come at a reasonable deal, which he might not want to do.

Its not how this regime rolls I don't think there in any rush to get rid of JA98 and I personally don't see them bbringing a guy whose 30+ and regardless how good a fit he is.I really think they'll live with what PJ has to offer next year and look for a LDE in FA.

Seymour would have been a great fit 2008 when we first starting the rebuilding process now I think his age and salary will not be the best idea for us now,its nothing against him or what he brings I just think its bad timing and this move won't be made.

Seymour is 31, and is over 300 pounds. He is more of a Defensive Tackle than a Defensive End. He's not OLD, but his age is a factor. He would have to bust his *** in the off-season to cut some weight to play the Defensive End position.

Seymour has always been around 300 lbs, even in college. So, what's your point? Age is not a factor when you have veterans that can still play. Our young guys are not completely ready, and Seymour would be a great fit.