Panthers add pair to staff

Bird-Dawg 59

Panthers add pair to staff

ProFootballWeekly.com Feb 4, 3:58 pm EST

The Panthers announced Friday that they have named Warren Belin as their new linebackers coach and added John Settle to coach the running backs.

Belin joins the Panthers' staff after spending a season coaching the linebackers at Georgia. He spent the previous eight years as a linebackers coach at Vanderbilt.

Settle has been with the University of Wisconsin since 2007. The running backs coach helped lead the Badgers to 247.3 rushing yards per game last season.

Wisconsin was beastly last year with their run game.

Information on Settle is not so plentiful around the net, unfortunately. From what I've picked up, he was an undrafted FA rb for the Falcons in '87, in'88, he became the first undrafted rb to ever rush for over 1k yards in a season.

Good or bad is still to be determined down the road. I'm optimistic.

Guest jb aka johnnybuc

Wisconsin was beastly last year with their run game.

Information on Settle is not so plentiful around the net, unfortunately. From what I've picked up, he was an undrafted FA rb for the Falcons in '87, in'88, he became the first undrafted rb to ever rush for over 1k yards in a season.

Good or bad is still to be determined down the road. I'm optimistic.

Have they picked up ANYBODY on their staff you did NOT like? Please don't homer it up like so many here do.;)

Have they picked up ANYBODY on their staff you did NOT like? Please don't homer it up like so many here do.;)

Not homerin' it up. I actually like all the coaching selections. I feel they've built a strong coaching staff, a staff that is eager to prove what it can do.

Not homerin' it up. I actually like all the coaching selections. I feel they've built a strong coaching staff, a staff that is eager to prove what it can do.

optimism is what the offseason is all about...i dont know much at all about these 2,but seems to me that you shoulda tried to get a lb coach with some experience in the nfl...a college rb coach shouldnt matter much with the guys you have...they might teach him something :lol: jk...but your staff knows alot more about it than i ever will.so good luck with your new coaches