Problems at Cowboys Stadium

The city of Atlanta received from a lot of grief from sports pundits because of the ice storm which occurred the last time the Georgia Dome hosted the Super Bowl. In light of that, I wonder how all the difficulties being experienced by the people attending the big show at Jerry's Palace in the Winter Wonderland which is presently the Dallas-Ft. Worth area will play.

A lot of venues were set up with the expectation of at least moderate conditions (average Dallas highs for February: 61˚ F.; lows 41˚ F.,) not the arctic environment now in effect. Now ice is falling from Cowboys Stadium which injured six workmen, two seriously.

Link: http://home.knology.net/news/read.php?rip_id=%3CD9L67M303%40news.ap.org%3E&ps=1013

Because of unpredictable weather this time of year, I'd be willing to bet a lot of NFL and corporate big-wigs are beginning to think the SB should only be played in either California or Florida. I can hardly wait to see how the upcoming Super Bowl XLVIII in Feb. 2014 at the new open-air Meadowlands stadium in balmy New Jersey comes off.

The city of Atlanta received from a lot of grief from sports pundits because of the ice storm which occurred the last time the Georgia Dome hosted the Super Bowl. In light of that, I wonder how all the difficulties being experienced by the people attending the big show at Jerry's Palace in the Winter Wonderland which is presently the Dallas-Ft. Worth area will play.

A lot of venues were set up with the expectation of at least moderate conditions (average Dallas highs for February: 61˚ F.; lows 41˚ F.,) not the arctic environment now in effect. Now ice is falling from Cowboys Stadium which injured six workmen, two seriously.

Link: http://home.knology.net/news/read.php?rip_id=%3CD9L67M303%40news.ap.org%3E&ps=1013

Because of unpredictable weather this time of year, I'd be willing to bet a lot of NFL and corporate big-wigs are beginning to think the SB should only be played in either California or Florida. I can hardly wait to see how the upcoming Super Bowl XLVIII in Feb. 2014 at the new open-air Meadowlands stadium in balmy New Jersey comes off.

well its nice and sunny over here in Cali... ^_^

I think I'm about ready to pack up and move to San Diego. I don't think my psyche can take another winter here in DC.

I used to live DC for six years and I do understand your pain!!! Now, I am living in southern California as right now it is sunny and 60s!!! Good life :-)

I used to live DC for six years and I do understand your pain!!! Now, I am living in southern California as right now it is sunny and 60s!!! Good life :-)

Yeah, the economy is starting to look like it's getting better, I may look into heading that way next year or two. The great thing about DC is you can always find a job. This place is recession proof. The summers are almost as hot and humid as Middle Georgia, and the last 2 winters have been nightmares. The fall and springs are like a blip too. SoCal is looking more and more tempting. It's not like it's that much more expensive than here.