Murlarkey New?

mrobinson3803

They interview him today. I'm not sure when they interview Fewell. From what I hear, Adams is looking for bargain basement prices to hire a coach, Mularkey's previous HC experience might command a more middle tier salary as opposed to what an internal promotion or coordinator getting his first HC gig would command. I wouldn't get my hopes up. They'll probably announce the hire Monday. The money is on Munchak.

They interview him today. I'm not sure when they interview Fewell. From what I hear, Adams is looking for bargain basement prices to hire a coach, Mularkey's previous HC experience might command a more middle tier salary as opposed to what an internal promotion or coordinator getting his first HC gig would command. I wouldn't get my hopes up. They'll probably announce the hire Monday. The money is on Munchak.

They should of kept Fisher if they go with Munchak imo.

This is all I've seen from CBS rapid reports on falcons.

44 minutes ago - During the season, offensive coordinator Mike Mularkey said he would like another chance at a head coaching job. While he doesn't appear to be the favorite for the Titans job, there's a good chance he'd take it if offered. Falcons RapidReports

I really think they will get MM. If they really were impressed or wanted just Munchak, then they could have just interviewed Fewell to be in compliance of the Rooney Rule and kept it moving. But they brought MM in and even interviewed Heimerdinger and tried Williams.

I don't care who the media thinks is the favorite for a job, they didn't consider Mike Smith a favorite for the Falcons gig. You never know.

Looked at titans rapid reports and found this.

Feb. 4, 2011 10:53 a.m. - The choice for a head coach boils down to philosophy: Do you promote from within, which the franchise has done often, or roll the dice on an outsider? The outside candidates, Falcons OC Mike Mularkey and Giants DC Perry Fewell, would have to hit their interviews out of the park to land the job. Titans RapidReports

Lots happening w/ the falcons org these days man. I bet our staff is in overdrive looking at potential replacements. Lots of distractions for us as well including the probowl and the looming CBA junk. Falcons seem to be pretty well connected throughout the nfl so I remain hopeful we will stay focused and find the right person/people.

Yes, because that's SUCH a bad thing. :rolleyes:

3 straight winning seasons

33-15 record

Ranked 10th, 13th, & 5th in scoring in each of his years here

Don't know why we haven't fired him yet.

Save it Robb. It is of no use.

It is clear that most on here value coaches/players based on how many fantasy points they produce, not wins and losses.

:rolleyes:

We will wind up staying stuck with MM, watch and see.

Careful what you pray for you just might get it. Good luck to the next OC:

2010 NFL RANKINGS

7th - offensive TDs scored

4th - total first downs

3rd - third down conversion%

1st - fourth down conversion%

2nd - time of possession

8th - passing TDs

9th - passing first downs

9th - rushing first downs

7th - field goals made

4th - fewest INTs

5th - fewest lost fumbles

3rd - fewest giveaways

3rd - fewest sacks allowed

1st - fewest penalties

Sporting News 2010 Offensive Coordinator of the year. Integral part of the winningest team in the NFC and third winningest team in the NFL over the last three years. Had his best Falcon year in points scored, TDs, total first downs, time of possession and third down conversions in 2010. Respected and sought after by many throughout the league. Hated on by most on TATF.

I really think they will get MM. If they really were impressed or wanted just Munchak, then they could have just interviewed Fewell to be in compliance of the Rooney Rule and kept it moving. But they brought MM in and even interviewed Heimerdinger and tried Williams.

I don't care who the media thinks is the favorite for a job, they didn't consider Mike Smith a favorite for the Falcons gig. You never know.

exactly how i feel about it. if they were sold on the guy, then he would have gotten the job by now. mularkey doesnt fit the rooney rule

0-2 in the playoffs :unsure:

Plus, his offense that contained 7 Pro Bowlers essentially only scored 7 points in the playoffs against the Packers. Weems took a kickoff back and then we scored in the 4th quarter once the game was over and their second teamers were in.

Also, we only scored 7 points in a tough game against the Saints. At home. I am sorry but MM may be good but his offense has maxed out here. If he was as good as some people on here make him seem, the Falcons would deny any and every interview request for him once we lost Musgrave. But that hasn't happened, proving we can improve without him.

Plus, his offense that contained 7 Pro Bowlers essentially only scored 7 points in the playoffs against the Packers. Weems took a kickoff back and then we scored in the 4th quarter once the game was over and their second teamers were in.

Also, we only scored 7 points in a tough game against the Saints. At home. I am sorry but MM may be good but his offense has maxed out here. If he was as good as some people on here make him seem, the Falcons would deny any and every interview request for him once we lost Musgrave. But that hasn't happened, proving we can improve without him.

The numbers speak for themselves. However, for the F.O. to deny him an opportunity to advance his career would be pretty crappy on their part. I don't think that is the image that Mr. Blank wants.

Let's be clear here, Matt Ryan made MM look good when Ryan was calling his own plays, when MM was calling plays, it was pretty predictable. Run, pass, run, run.

You are aware, aren't you, that when we go no huddle, MM still gives Matt a set of plays to call? Sure, it's up to Matt to pick which ones based on what the D gives us, but MM still sends in a package of plays.

But I'm sure you knew this already. :lol:

You are aware, aren't you, that when we go no huddle, MM still gives Matt a set of plays to call? Sure, it's up to Matt to pick which ones based on what the D gives us, but MM still sends in a package of plays.

But I'm sure you knew this already. :lol:

Ryan picks the best play he sees, when Ryan picks his own plays, you see more passing, even though most of MM passing plays are dink and donks. :rolleyes:

Ryan picks the best play he sees, when Ryan picks his own plays, you see more passing, even though most of MM passing plays are dink and donks. :rolleyes:

You are aware that on most given plays, there's a deep, intermediate, and short option?

As with the no huddle, it's up to Matt to decide which route he's going to throw to. If you're upset with our team dinking and dunking, that's on our QB, not our OC.