Our 1st for a Big Named Free Agent

Would not be bad at all. Home many stars could you find that late in the first round? Say if we are playing on drafting a WR. If it's not AJ Green or Julio Jones, then we may as well trade this pick for someone like Larry Fitzgerald. I guess that's why good teams always stay on the top.

The points, I'm sure would not equal out...

Maybe I'm wrong but I thought Fitz could opt out of his last year of his contract and has a no franchise clause?

So exactly why would we need to trade? Unless maybe he doesn't opt out and Arizona doesn't feel they can get a contract worked out by the end of the next year.

But players usually don't want to risk playing on that last year so I'd imagine he would either opt out or have a new contract by next year

I guess maybe Arizona might get scared they couldn't get a contract and trade him before he opts out so they don't lose him for nothing.

yeah i'm confused now...

the final year of his deal already voided.

he is a UFA after this coming season.

While someone like FItz would be great, we dont NEED it with White already here. Just go get someone like Mike Sims-Walker (who is a UFA) and it will be a great improvement, and the deep threat we need.

the final year of his deal already voided.

he is a UFA after this coming season.

While someone like FItz would be great, we dont NEED it with White already here. Just go get someone like Mike Sims-Walker (who is a UFA) and it will be a great improvement, and the deep threat we need.

Oh thanks for clearing that up... I was under impression that his final year was this year coming up. Thanks now I know

Agree on Sims-Walker although he severely pissed me off on FF this year.

Edited by HatedInRayJay1

Would not be bad at all. Home many stars could you find that late in the first round? Say if we are playing on drafting a WR. If it's not AJ Green or Julio Jones, then we may as well trade this pick for someone like Larry Fitzgerald. I guess that's why good teams always stay on the top.

What teams have been consistent winners and stayed on top in the NFL the last 10 years?

The Patriots? The Steelers? The Colts?

Do they trade for the best of the best players to stay on top? Nope, they make moves & bring in players who fit their systems, but rarely, if ever, do they go out and trade high draft picks for top tier players. Would I love to have Fitz on our team, absolutely, but the cost would probably be too high.

This is a flawed philosophy, similar to what Dan Snyder tries to do with the Redskins. The NFL is not baseball & there is no New York Yankees in the NFL. Of course, all of this could change with the new CBA, but I doubt it will.

good points everyone. Looking down the list of draftee nominees in the WR category shows some decent guys w/ fairly good size but not a whole lot with world class speed. So many factors to consider here. We want a game changer w/ great hands and feet in both our backfield and WR departments. The main thing I want is someone who has the ability to take average plays and turn them into big gains. Someone who can make people miss and who can gain seperation easily. Jerry Rice was not an extremely fast guy but dam could he get open and play with good game speed. I wish it was easy but the draft is truly a crapshoot at times. Murray, Titus Young, and many others could be there for us. I love following the draft and this one will be huge for us. FA, who knows. I would have to say if we go FA, it has to be for that DE we need.

What teams have been consistent winners and stayed on top in the NFL the last 10 years?

The Patriots? The Steelers? The Colts?

Do they trade for the best of the best players to stay on top? Nope, they make moves & bring in players who fit their systems, but rarely, if ever, do they go out and trade high draft picks for top tier players. Would I love to have Fitz on our team, absolutely, but the cost would probably be too high.

This is a flawed philosophy, similar to what Dan Snyder tries to do with the Redskins. The NFL is not baseball & there is no New York Yankees in the NFL. Of course, all of this could change with the new CBA, but I doubt it will.

That was not my point. All that I am saying is, good teams don't lose anything in the draft. When we were losing 8 or more game, we were not in a position to pick up a good free agent. Well, we were, but then it starts another rebuilding process. You have a lot of guys out there that wanna win. As for the Redskins and Yankees Philosophy. Some guys are just great players, and others are winners.

We need to go Defense heavy in this draft and if we add some Offensive pieces we

can do that through free-agency....wouldn't mind having Fitzgerald but we can't

sacrafice a ton of cash on 1 player.

Why it that? Since TDs been here, we've drafted twice as many defensive players than offense.

We spent most of his first draft on defense (contrary to popular belief) - 5 off. 6 def.

We spent almost the entire second draft on defense - 1 off. 7 def.

Last year was more balanced, but still mostly defense - 3 off. 4 def.

We've got our fill of young talent on D. Maybe it's not being used properly or not being developed well, but it's there.

Offense, however, is starting to age and we need to look at stocking it with young talent.

Guest AtlWhite84

Since when do you have to give up draft picks to sign Free Agents?

How about we keep our 1st round pick and sign some big name Free Agents also?

Maybe I'm wrong but I thought Fitz could opt out of his last year of his contract and has a no franchise clause?

So exactly why would we need to trade? Unless maybe he doesn't opt out and Arizona doesn't feel they can get a contract worked out by the end of the next year.

But players usually don't want to risk playing on that last year so I'd imagine he would either opt out or have a new contract by next year

I guess maybe Arizona might get scared they couldn't get a contract and trade him before he opts out so they don't lose him for nothing.

yeah i'm confused now...

He can void the last year of his contract (which I believe he already has done) we would need to trade a 1st round pick and who knows what else if we want to get him for next season otherwise we'd have to wait until after the '11-'12 season.

I say pull the trigger on him and get him, if they want that first round pick then might as well do it instead of drafting an unproven rookie. I know some people think that its better to get a rookie because long term it's better but their are no guarantees with that, plus Fitz is still young. We are real close to getting to the super bowl. The time is now!!!

it will probably take this and next year's first to get Fitz. He'd be worth it, but the problem is if there is no CBA agreement, we might not be able to do anything until after the draft.

I don't see 2 first round picks, realistically, this years first or maybe next years first and this years 2nd and next years 2nd. Tops.

Guest mashburn

I'm all for trading pics to get a elite player. a draft player is usually a dud a lot of times. who thought JA would be elite? there is many more we can all think of. and only a few he came out and started to be the best less then 2 years. and a draft player doesn't always play right of start.

He can void the last year of his contract (which I believe he already has done) we would need to trade a 1st round pick and who knows what else if we want to get him for next season otherwise we'd have to wait until after the '11-'12 season.

I say pull the trigger on him and get him, if they want that first round pick then might as well do it instead of drafting an unproven rookie. I know some people think that its better to get a rookie because long term it's better but their are no guarantees with that, plus Fitz is still young. We are real close to getting to the super bowl. The time is now!!!

If someone voids their contract they are a free agent. It has been stated a few times already. I still don't understand why this trade for a FA persists.

the draft is hit or miss just cause a guy does good in college doesn't mean anything. If being a great college player transfered to the NFL Tebow would be Montana + Elway + Aikmen and Cam Newton would be the biggest threat since YKH. It would be smarter to go after a proven FA such as Fitz, or Vincent Jackson, **** even Moss just based off their face value and what they bring to the team. if you put one of those guys on the other side of RW84 teams would have to game plan and really focus on the dual threat, whereas a unproven rookie won't be respected around the league or be a big threat coming in. A.J. Green, Julio Jones won't do crap the first year. Just like Megatron didn't do much his first year. Roy Williams, and RW84 took time to develop into Pro-Bowl type WR. HD83 was supposed to be our threat outta college look at him. This board was all on Michael Crabtree's sack in the draft who would wants him now (anybody???). I say we go after a big name for once in our franchise history and try to win this year. while the young guys develop on the sidelines. Fitz can go where he pleases but is trying to work it out in Az. All the WR that are FA would love to come to Atlanta cause they know we are winners. Just pick your favorite WR out there now looking for a home I bet my right arm he'd love to be a Falcon. Its time we flexed our muscles and grab a big name I like. Fitz, V.Jackson, OchoCino, T.O, Randy Moss,(even though their all divas and getting old)Sidney Rice, Braylon Edwards, Plaxico, Santonio Holmes,Steve Smith,TJ Houshmandzadeh, Sims-Walker, Santana Moss, Mike Williams, James Jones. That's 15 WR and you can't match 1 college kid expect maybe AJ.Green up against them. We not gonna get Green so we need one of those guys now.Go Defense in the draft get a TE and sign Darren Spoarles and PRESTO XLVI Super Bowl Ring

Edited by B_Lo_Touchdowns

If someone voids their contract they are a free agent. It has been stated a few times already. I still don't understand why this trade for a FA persists.

"If someone voids their contract they are a free agent" that is correct, however as of right now he is not a FREE AGENT and he CAN'T void anything until after next season. That is why the TRADE TALK keeps coming up. AZ is entertaining a trade.

CARDINALS WOULD BE WILLING TO TRADE LARRY FITZGERALD, ACCORDING TO SOURCES

Edited by Rise Up