NESN Mock Draft

RI Falcon

J.J Watt out of Wisconsin (DE).

27. Atlanta Falcons

2010 Record: 13-3

Needs: Outside linebacker, defensive end, safety, offensive linemen, tight end

The Pick: Wisconsin defensive end J.J. Watt

Analysis: The Falcons need some attitude on the edge of their defense, whether it's at end or outside linebacker. If Georgia outside linebacker Justin Houston is still available, it would be hard to pass him over.

I do agree with Mike Peterson most likely out Justin Houston would be an awesome pick.. while it may not directly address a need I can't even begin to fathom weatherspoon, lofton, and houston.. that's a deadly trio right there. There is also a lot of WR and DE depth this year.. so we could easily get a good DE in the 2nd or 3rd.

Decent mock. I would say replace safety with CB, in the 'needs' list.

A lot of our draft choices will hinge on what we do with our FA OL, Peterson, and Grimes.

I kindly disagree. I think a nickel corner is a blaring need that was shown during the Green Bay game. Brian Williams won't be back I don't think. We have decoud and moore and they're both young. Maybe depth at safety yes, but as for need, definitely nickel corner.

I kindly disagree. I think a nickel corner is a blaring need that was shown during the Green Bay game. Brian Williams won't be back I don't think. We have decoud and moore and they're both young. Maybe depth at safety yes, but as for need, definitely nickel corner.

That is exactly what I said, though. I was saying REMOVE safety as the need and put in Cornerback.

zing!

Whats funny is he is actually right for the most part. Watt is a bit ebtter player but both are considered better 3-4 DE prospects and fit a more traditional 4-3 LDE spot which required much bigger slower DE's. We utilize much more elusive, faster DE's that are usually smaller and can get into the back field non stop.

Ryan Kerrigan, Aldon Smith, and Justin Houston would be more suitable at DE for us and would be great picks for us if one fell to us.