Brian Billick, would he consider the O.C.position for us?

Guest atl.falcon4ever

Guest atl.falcon4ever

Brian Billick, would he consider the O.C.position for the Falcons?

Billick and Smith have has to have discussed it being married into the same family. They both could help each other out. But there is the working with family thing that can blow up in your face.

Would Brain Billick or the Falcons either consider the idea of making him the O.C.?

And do you guys think it would be a deal that would work out for us?

Here is his info:

Brian Billick

Earlier today I heard Billick on 790 the Zone and he was asked if he was interested in coaching again and said that he is enjoying the TV gig (NFL Network and FOX) and that times have changed in regards to what teams want when it comes to hiring coaches (young and cheap) and he said he is neither. Didn't sound like he's interested in OC positions either. I think he wants to coach but wants to come back as a Head Coach. I don't see it happening.

Guest atl.falcon4ever

I really wouldn't want Brian Billick as our OC. You gotta' keep you business and your family seperated.

I'd imagine that there would be some drama at Thanksgiving when we had to fire Billick after our offense took a nose dive.

Yeah might break up the family if things went south on the professional level. Kinda thought the same thing myself. I wish we would at least start calling in interviews for Q.B. coach position or something.

Maybe we are waiting to see what M&M does before we hire someone?

Either way can't wait to see who our new coach(s) on the offensive side of the ball will be.

I would love to have Billick. He was OC from 94 - 98 during that time Vikings Total Offense Rankings

94 - #3 Yards, #7 Points

95 - #4 Yards, #4 Points

96 - #12 Yards, #23 Points (only down year)

97 - #8 Yards, #11 Points

98 - #2 Yards, #1 Points (Randy Moss, factor)

The numbers after Billick left were good with Moss, but not the same in scoring.