TD Interview on 790...

The Don™

The thing that stuck out to me with this interview is TD saying we need to attack the middle of the field more.

He mentioned we have HD here to do this, but the subject of stretching the middle came up.

If this is the need TD addresses with our offense, I wouldn't be shocked to see Kyle Rudolph in the draft. He and Gonzo would be a sick combo combined with a water-bug like HD.

Anyone see the Patriot's offense this year? With thier two TEs and Welker, our offense would be extremely similar to that.

- We NEED to be more explosive on offense. Said we may need to add explosive pieces to the offense...

I keep hearing this from everyone at Flowery Branch..ok, if you want an explosive offense start calling explosive plays, develop an explosive passing scheme.

Exactly! I definitely think we need a couple more playmakers, but our offense wasn't exactly chopped liver. I don't necessarily think we used the talent we have correctly.

- We NEED to be more explosive on offense. Said we may need to add explosive pieces to the offense...

I keep hearing this from everyone at Flowery Branch..ok, if you want an explosive offense start calling explosive plays, develop an explosive passing scheme.

People always look the scheming of explosive passing plays. Its not always about throwing 50 yard heaves down the field. Its about putting in a position to succeed. That mularkeys problem. He is too predictable and too straight forward with his passing attack

People always look the scheming of explosive passing plays. Its not always about throwing 50 yard heaves down the field. Its about putting in a position to succeed. That mularkeys problem. He is too predictable and too straight forward with his passing attack

I think your right here, Mularkey doesnt put the WR's in a position to get yac which hinders us greatly. I think it was Peyton that made a post a few weeks ago that said we were near the bottom of the league in yac. That has to change for us to compete in the playoffs.

It's a combination of scheme and players that is not letting us be that explosive.

Our YAC isn't exactly great(it's actually really bad). A lot of our routes are completed towards the sideline too much and the middle of the field is almost non existent sometimes...

We gotta add two players AT LEAST(explosive RB and WR), and possibly a TE. A Kyle Rudolph would not surprise me one bit if we were to go that route in the first. We were interested in Brandon Pettigrew a few years back so it's a possibility...

And Voice of Reason brought up a good point about the middle of field and Rudolph...