Peria Jerry

LVfalconfan

A lot of us including myself were very sad that Peria Jerry has not gotten to play very much and is already pretty old. I do however think that this is going to be a pick we all look back on and give TD a thumbs up. A lot of us wrote off willie moore because of his injury, he came back and was one of the best players on this defense.

P. Jerry can come back next year and do the same thing to our d line that willie moore did for our secondary. It will be like getting an extra first round pick. Peria jerry had 48 tackles 6 sacks and 2 forced fumbles his senior year. Nick fairly had similar stats except for a few more sacks, and he is being considered as the top pick in this years draft. Similar college stats as Peria jerry, again except for a few more sacks. I think that Peria Jerry is going to be the guy that comes in and helps Babs collapse the pocket and force to our defensive ends.....who will miss the sack...only kidding, I needed to vent from the saints MNF and packers game. But really P Jerry will be a great player for us next year.

I really hope he comes back healthy and effective because we could really use all the pass rush we can get. Having a rotation of Babs/Jerry/Peters/Walker would be a great DT rotation, especially if we keep JA98 around to work him in.

He needs to show up healthy and have a quality year this year or he is going to be on the hot seat. It's time to show up.

ive seen the burst and speed coming back..

Peria Jeery

I want to see the guy after a healthy offseason

I want to see Perry succeed as much as the next guy, but I wouldn't put too much stock in that sack. Do I even need to go through the totality of circumstances there? Or can I just say that most of the folks on this board would have picked up a sack in that situation?

I want to see Perry succeed as much as the next guy, but I wouldn't put too much stock in that sack. Do I even need to go through the totality of circumstances there? Or can I just say that most of the folks on this board would have picked up a sack in that situation?

The way we missed sacks lately are you certain? Lol.

I really dont care about the sack... im looking at his explosive thats there..

I want to see what a healthy Peria Jerry can do this offseacon (TC) and during next year

I do think people need to temper their expectations of Jerry a bit. From the moment Jerry was drafted he was never going to be mistaken for Warren Sapp. Jerry's ceiling was always more of a Babineaux type. Pass rushing DT who will get 4-6 sacks a year. That's really best case scenario with Jerry. He was a first rounder not as much because he was going to be a dominant play maker, but because of positional scarcity.

That being said, another Babineaux type would be awesome. We need all the pass rush we can get. But Jerry still scares me with his age and injury history dating back to high school. I'm glad we have Cory Peters because with the way he played, we don't have to rely on Jerry being healthy.

I do think people need to temper their expectations of Jerry a bit. From the moment Jerry was drafted he was never going to be mistaken for Warren Sapp. Jerry's ceiling was always more of a Babineaux type. Pass rushing DT who will get 4-6 sacks a year. That's really best case scenario with Jerry. He was a first rounder not as much because he was going to be a dominant play maker, but because of positional scarcity.

That being said, another Babineaux type would be awesome. We need all the pass rush we can get. But Jerry still scares me with his age and injury history dating back to high school. I'm glad we have Cory Peters because with the way he played, we don't have to rely on Jerry being healthy.

Thats the thing.... I think Peria is a lil more explosive then Babs... If Peria can be the guy his skill set says he can be.... That would be HUGE for this team

Thats the thing.... I think Peria is a lil more explosive then Babs... If Peria can be the guy his skill set says he can be.... That would be HUGE for this team

Jerry is more explosive on paper (if that makes sense). At game speed in the NFL, Jerry hasn't proven much of anything. Don't get me wrong, I would be thrilled with another Babs type player but I don't see Jerry exceeding what Babs does.

Jerry is more explosive on paper (if that makes sense). At game speed in the NFL, Jerry hasn't proven much of anything. Don't get me wrong, I would be thrilled with another Babs type player but I don't see Jerry exceeding what Babs does.

you are getting me wrong.... explosive doenst make you a good player... its a trait with good hand usage and pass rushing moves that can make u a great player..

I never said Peria proved anything... I said he has the tools... Now its on him to put every thing together... after having a healthy offseason.. I'm looking for him to be ready to help us out big time next year... 2 Good pass rushers inside would help us out big time

Guest atl.falcon4ever

A lot of us including myself were very sad that Peria Jerry has not gotten to play very much and is already pretty old. I do however think that this is going to be a pick we all look back on and give TD a thumbs up. A lot of us wrote off willie moore because of his injury, he came back and was one of the best players on this defense.

P. Jerry can come back next year and do the same thing to our d line that willie moore did for our secondary. It will be like getting an extra first round pick. Peria jerry had 48 tackles 6 sacks and 2 forced fumbles his senior year. Nick fairly had similar stats except for a few more sacks, and he is being considered as the top pick in this years draft. Similar college stats as Peria jerry, again except for a few more sacks. I think that Peria Jerry is going to be the guy that comes in and helps Babs collapse the pocket and force to our defensive ends.....who will miss the sack...only kidding, I needed to vent from the saints MNF and packers game. But really P Jerry will be a great player for us next year.

We really could use him to help collapse the pocket and get pressure in the middle, as well as stop the run. The more anyone excels on this line takes the pressure off of JA#55, which creates more opportunities for him and makes the line better as a whole. Get Peria Jerry to be who we expect him to become, and a good L.D.E. and we will be much better on defense all the way around.

We need him, so I really hope you are right.

I just hate that he was already what 24 when we drafted him. That was my biggest concern when drafting him. By the time he comes around if he does, how long will his shelf life be. He was already an older draft pick. Now 2 years later we are still waiting for the kid to be healthy enough to play. Just age is not everything, but time is not on his side is all I am saying.

Guest atl.falcon4ever

We really could use him to help collapse the pocket and get pressure in the middle, as well as stop the run. The more anyone excels on this line takes the pressure off of JA#55, which creates more opportunities for him and makes the line better as a whole. Get Peria Jerry to be who we expect him to become, and a good L.D.E. and we will be much better on defense all the way around.

We need him, so I really hope you are right.

I just hate that he was already what 24 when we drafted him. That was my biggest concern when drafting him. By the time he comes around if he does, how long will his shelf life be. He was already an older draft pick. Now 2 years later we are still waiting for the kid to be healthy enough to play. Just age is not everything, but time is not on his side is all I am saying.

In a way he is already a bust. Given his age. We took him in the first round. He is still not shown whether he can or can not be the guy we need him to be. In the last 2 years we could have taken someone 5th round or later that was young and raw and developed them into what Peria Jerry could be. But no one knows the future. Just saying, we drafted a first round pick who has pretty much sit the bench for 2 years. Next year he might as well be called an old rookie if he plays all year and starts.

That is why I hate drafting older players with high draft picks. If something like what happened to Peria Jerry happens by the time he comes around, his shelf life is shorter. Even trade value goes down with age. Because everyone knows age is a big factor in a game with young men in the prime shape of there life. The older you get, the more of a challenge it is to keep up, until that day comes you can not keep up anymore.

With that said, you can not change time, so I hope he is declining the Pro Bowl next year for us to play in the Super Bowl.

In a way he is already a bust. Given his age. We took him in the first round. He is still not shown whether he can or can not be the guy we need him to be. In the last 2 years we could have taken someone 5th round or later that was young and raw and developed them into what Peria Jerry could be. But no one knows the future. Just saying, we drafted a first round pick who has pretty much sit the bench for 2 years. Next year he might as well be called an old rookie if he plays all year and starts.

That is why I hate drafting older players with high draft picks. If something like what happened to Peria Jerry happens by the time he comes around, his shelf life is shorter. Even trade value goes down with age. Because everyone knows age is a big factor in a game with young men in the prime shape of there life. The older you get, the more of a challenge it is to keep up, until that day comes you can not keep up anymore.

With that said, you can not change time, so I hope he is declining the Pro Bowl next year for us to play in the Super Bowl.

lol.. already a bust..lol

Dude i can name you multiple DT's that has produced into there 30's...The age thing dont mean as much to me...

As long as Peria turn into the DT we need him to be

Yes, Jerry isn't in him prime, yet, so 1 season worth of games isn't enough to call any player a bust. It was basically his rookie season. That and most DTs can go into their early 30s easily. So, in reality, Jerry has at least 6 or 7 years ahead of him, if not more depending on if he plays like everyone hoped he would coming out before the knee injury.

Guest atl.falcon4ever

Maybe out of line calling him a bust.

Better words might have been:

Its an awful shame we drafted a guy who will be 27 years old next year and might as well be an rookie. With that said I hope he can play into his mid 30's.

Just at least with JA98 time was on our hands to see what this guy can do he was young. He is 24 with 5 seasons under his belt. If we release him with that type of experience he may still have shot of having a good career somewhere else. I still have not lost faith in him totally.

Peria Jerry was drafted at the age of 24 and will be 27 come next year in what we be his first real year healthy so we can truly see what he can do, if he does not get hurt again. I also have not lost faith in him but to say some of the better d.t. play into there mid 30's is correct. But he is rapidly approaching 30 and still has not even showed us he is one of the better d.t.'s out there.

Is he a bust no, but time is not on his side. So say it take him another year or two to fully develop. Now he is pushing 30. Building through the draft is to have players around for awhile, and Peria Jerry is going to be an old man in football terms before he hits his prime unless he does it soon. And still if we had went with someone younger, we could have many more years out of them.

Thats my point. Maybe flawed but thats what I meant. But I wish Peria Jerry the best and hope he works out.

I expect him and HD83 at FULL strenght next year.

I see the possibility of a healthy Jerry being a serious playmaker. He is quick and relentless when healthy--that is a big if, unfortunately. But in a way, i understand the logic behind TD taking him. He can be a Warren Sapp type player.

HD is serviceable. In no way should am i advocating cutting him, but i just don't see him having as a high a ceiling as Jerry in the talent department. HD is one of those guys, when healthy, that does a lot of things good but nothing great. I honestly think he'll be a #3 or #4 WR type his entire career. Probably get around 500 or 600 yds in a good year. I do see us taking a WR high this year

I see the possibility of a healthy Jerry being a serious playmaker. He is quick and relentless when healthy--that is a big if, unfortunately. But in a way, i understand the logic behind TD taking him. He can be a Warren Sapp type player.

Even when Jerry was 2 years younger and not coming off a major knee injury and a terrible season, he wasn't thought of as a Warren Sapp type player. Jerry has always projected, if healthy, as a good but not great pass rushing DT. He was never thought of as a future perennial pro-bowler.

Jerry is a 4-6 sacks type of player if he's healthy, not an 8-10 type like Sapp. There's nothing wrong with being a 4-6 sacks a year DT, but people around here are going to be very disappointed if they're expecting Jerry to come close to double digits in sacks.

Edited by Striker42