Our Cornerback Situation

LVfalconfan

So it is very obvious that we need a #2 caliber corner back. My question for you guys is does Grimes get moved to nickel back? I know he had very impressive stats, but that also comes with being the most targeted corner in the NFL. He was targeted 128 times. Don't take this the wrong way, I know he is a messageboard favorite, but in my opinion he is better suited for the nickel. He would be one of the best nickel corners in the NFL. I think he would have an even bigger impact here.

No I believe Grimes is a solid number 2 corner..Some would even argue a Number 1...I think we go FA or draft for a nickel CB..But if they moved Grimes I would be pissed!

I definitely want our team to keep Grimes. Hopefully his play at the pro bowl and great season did not make him a highly coveted free agent. Although Cromartie and Namdi should take away some spotlight.

I think we would be best suited to have grimes at nickel but only if we were able to bring in a physical proven corner to play opposite robinson...obviously it would be nice to bring in a champ bailey or nnamdi asomugha but there are other good db's that are cheaper that i like...richard marshall, jonathan joseph, ike taylor, eric wright in no real order

I think we would be best suited to have grimes at nickel but only if we were able to bring in a physical proven corner to play opposite robinson...obviously it would be nice to bring in a champ bailey or nnamdi asomugha but there are other good db's that are cheaper that i like...richard marshall, jonathan joseph, ike taylor, eric wright in no real order

love wat yhu sayin but nnamdi or champ or leave it as it is

JJ will not be cheap.

Whats amazing to me, is that this is like the 4th or 5th Lets get rid of or move this player that just went to the Probowl.

I'm assuming most of you all think that they were deserving to go.

I think we should talk about moving players that didn't go to the pro bowl, and surely didn't deserve to go.

Shouldn't we be discussing the players that didn't go? Like Baker and is he going to improve or does he need replacing.

Just seems strange we're somewhat dogging our best players.

it's not like we are saying don't resign this guy or lets let him go somewhere else and play...to mention what we are saying with a guy like baker who has underachieved isn't the point we are trying to make...many people simply believe that the team would benefit with grimes at nickel and a proven #2 opposite robinson

it's not like we are saying don't resign this guy or lets let him go somewhere else and play...to mention what we are saying with a guy like baker who has underachieved isn't the point we are trying to make...many people simply believe that the team would benefit with grimes at nickel and a proven #2 opposite robinson

Ok. I agree Baker has underachieved. Which is my point. We should be talking about him and not someone who's overachieved like a *************. Maybe I'm wrong.

You are not at all wrong...I think how the front office handles our entire O-line will be the most interesting aspect of our off season...there are just so many possibilities...i could see us kicking baker inside as i don't think we resign dahl but hopefully we can resign clabo

You are not at all wrong...I think how the front office handles our entire O-line will be the most interesting aspect of our off season...there are just so many possibilities...i could see us kicking baker inside as i don't think we resign dahl but hopefully we can resign clabo

Sounds good, what would be the plan for replacing Baker? Oline in the draft seem to be somewhat safe picks, maybe trade up?

Whats amazing to me, is that this is like the 4th or 5th Lets get rid of or move this player that just went to the Probowl.

I'm assuming most of you all think that they were deserving to go.

I think we should talk about moving players that didn't go to the pro bowl, and surely didn't deserve to go.

Shouldn't we be discussing the players that didn't go? Like Baker and is he going to improve or does he need replacing.

Just seems strange we're somewhat dogging our best players.

totally agree.

I believe we should try more man coverge with grimes and dunta if the scheme ain't working. cough, packer play off game, cough cough

i agree we need to play some more man to man but i also think our coaching staff was afraid to put our DB's in too many man to man situations because we lacked any sort of consistent pass rush...if the QB has all day to throw (packers playoff game) eventually he will find a WR as our DB's cant stay in coverage forever

I was skeptical on Grimes for about half of the season. I finally realized though watching the second Bucs game that he plays receivers so well. He's physical and is not afraid of going for the ball. I think his mentality definitely makes up for his size.

Unless we get Nnamdi or some other "shut down" corner, I think Grimes should stay a starter and we should fill that gaping nickel hole with someone who is solid, experienced, and reliable.

Move our best corner to nickel... Why we are at it why not move Matt Ryan to receiver?

I mean if we have Revis maybe, but very few guys on any team performed like Grimey. He will have to lose that spot before we "give" it to anyone else.

So it is very obvious that we need a #2 caliber corner back. My question for you guys is does Grimes get moved to nickel back? I know he had very impressive stats, but that also comes with being the most targeted corner in the NFL. He was targeted 128 times. Don't take this the wrong way, I know he is a messageboard favorite, but in my opinion he is better suited for the nickel. He would be one of the best nickel corners in the NFL. I think he would have an even bigger impact here.

We might need a new # 2 caliber corner. But I don't get why anyone would assume we demote our *best* corner for the new guy. Grimes is our *best* corner. Dunta is our # 2. If we get a new guy, the logical person to be demoted is Dunta. The only thing that could change it is if Dunta comes out 10X better in training camp and reverses things.

How can anyone defend any other stance?

There are 16 teams in the NFC that equates to 32 Starting CBs.

For the pro bowl they select 4 CBs

GBs Woodson could not go because he has a prior commitment.

So you reach way down to select the CB getting the 5th most votes and its Grimes.

A pro bowl CB.

Now lets move him to Nichol back. A position he has never played.

Even when he was not starting, he would come in at an outside corner and someone else slid to the Nichol spot.

How do you know he can even play the Nichol spot since he never has. Maybe he does not play Nichol because the coaches do not want him there.