Would y'all be opposed to taking a safety in the 3rd?

Ive been thinking about it lately. DeCoud is average but isn't really a game changer. Moore had a good first year starting but can and probably will get better. I wouldn't mind if we drafted a safety in the 3rd to create competion with DeCoud. Plus our depth is lacking. Coleman is average but nothing special. Shillinger hasn't proved he can be anything. I guy I really like is Ahmad Black from Florida. McDaniel from Clemson, sash from Iwoa can ball, Carter from Oklahoma, Williams from UNC are all guys I like in that 3rd-4th round range if available.

Yea we got lucky that Coleman stayed healthy this year because we have no depth behind him. With the way TD drafts for needs and looking forward(Johnson&hawley last year) I could see him getting a guy in the 3rd,4th.

I really like Black too. Tyler sash can play ball. He is very smart and is a playmaker so I wouldn't mind him in the 4th if he is there.

rounds 4-7.

Ideally I would agree with you and would also agree Black won't be there with our pick in the 3rd. One thing we know about TD is we never know what he is going to do. Outside of Spoon some of his picks have been a surprise. We all thought we would of went DE somewhere rounds 1-3 last year and we didn't draft one at at all. We drafter Peria 2 years ago so nobody would of thought we would of got peters last year in the 3rd. So although ideally we would probably like to address DE, TE, RB before S. I woudn't be at all surprised if we went with a Safety they think can be a game changer in round 1 with a longshot at round 2 but not likely.

Edited by FalconFanatic304

um...well the mock I am working on at the moment has us taking a safety earlier than that

Honestly I'd be fine with Decoud and Moore starting, but I am also not opposed to upgrading decoud, or atleast bring someone in to take over soon

TD said he wants to be more explosive on both sides of the ball, besides grimes and moore I don't really see any ballhawks on our defense

Actually I never heard of Sash but I just looked the guy up around the web and on youtube. The kid is just a straight up ball player. I would love to steal him away in the 4th. He reminds me of a Jim Leonard/Troy Polamalu mix. He is sound in both coverage and tackling/run support. He could play both S spots if needed due to his strong cover skills.

If Moore went down with an injury, I wouldn't be worried with a guy like Sash back there. Or even if DeCoud went down, we could move Moore to FS and kick Sash in if necessary.

Actually I never heard of Sash but I just looked the guy up around the web and on youtube. The kid is just a straight up ball player. I would love to steal him away in the 4th. He reminds me of a Jim Leonard/Troy Polamalu mix. He is sound in both coverage and tackling/run support. He could play both S spots if needed due to his strong cover skills.

If Moore went down with an injury, I wouldn't be worried with a guy like Sash back there. Or even if DeCoud went down, we could move Moore to FS and kick Sash in if necessary.

He is wicked. He got better throughout the season as well. I'd love to get him but I think it's inevitable he's going to rise up in the draft ahead of our 3rd rounder.

He is wicked. He got better throughout the season as well. I'd love to get him but I think it's inevitable he's going to rise up in the draft ahead of our 3rd rounder.

I don't know. That is the thing. There are going to be more athletic options than Sash and that is what pushes him down in my opinion.