2 Falcons May be on the move

I could see either of them being cut for salary cap reasons. They both contribute but also both expendable.

I think Anderson may be considered by the coaching staff to be more valuable than Coleman due to his ability to play both DE and DT though.

We need a deep threat at #2 WR this year. Jenkins just isn;t that guy, we need a field stretcher that teams fear opposite Roddy so defenses can;t just shut him down without concern of getting burned for a quick 6 on the other side. Perhaps we draft one and develop him, let Jenkins go next year.

The Atlanta Falcons may look to trade or release FS Erik Coleman this offseason if they need some salary cap space, reports D. Orlando Ledbetter, of The Atlanta Journal-Constitution. Coleman is scheduled to make $3 million in 2011 but is not a starter.

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/team/7/nfl#ixzz1Ck03wMfU

Thu, 27 Jan 2011 13:16:50 -0800

The Atlanta Falcons may look to trade or release DE Jamaal Anderson this offseason if they need some salary cap space, reports D. Orlando Ledbetter, of The Atlanta Journal-Constitution. Anderson is scheduled to make $3.558 million in 2011 but is not a starter.

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/team/7/nfl#ixzz1Ck0DqnvR

For those who didn't see this yet.

If my memory serves correctly Coleman and Anderson willbe in the last years of their c ontracts next season.

Coleman has started at FS and SS for us and is a good fit as a #3 safety to backup both starters and play in 3 safety packages. Depth iss a good thing and I dont see a reason to cut him. The fourth safety needs to be a good special teamer.

Anderson will likely have to move to DT to make the roster. DE needs a major overhaul. Abraham needs to be saved for pass downs and Biermann needs other good players to rotate with. Sidbury has been a bust, Davis and Anderson arent pass rush threats. Theyve kept Sidbury so **** likely get a chance this season, Davis may be out, and Anderson may be a backup DT/ run DE. At DT Jerry if healthy will get to challenge Peters for a starting spot, Walker is likely #4 and Lewis may be gone with Anderson as thee #5. DT is our deepest spot on D.

You guys keep talking about keeping Coleman because he is a vet yet were begging for him to be taken out for Moore because he was terrible at SS. Makes no sense. I am for taking a big in the box safety in the mid rounds to replace him in case Moore does go down.

JA98 is simple. Move over so we can replace you with a vet and move Davis out of the way so we can get another DE in the draft.

I believe both Coleman and Anderson are expendable... I believe Anderson has more value due to age and versatility. Coleman has served us well but has peaked and doesnt provide the playmaking skills that we need. He's too expensive for a backup. Anderson still has upside though... I believe the only issue we all have with him is where he was taken in the draft and the money. I put that solely on McKay and the Petrino camp for that debacle.... and I dont even want to get started on Chris Houston.

I believe both Coleman and Anderson are expendable... I believe Anderson has more value due to age and versatility. Coleman has served us well but has peaked and doesnt provide the playmaking skills that we need. He's too expensive for a backup. Anderson still has upside though... I believe the only issue we all have with him is where he was taken in the draft and the money. I put that solely on McKay and the Petrino camp for that debacle.... and I dont even want to get started on Chris Houston.

I agree. 2011 is the year we clean house. Coleman, Finn & Anderson may all be gone among other candidates. This draft and FA class are huge for our long term success. So is the development of Jerry. Big contributions from Jerry, Witherspoon, HD, Meier, Hawley, and Johnson are vital as well.