Rapid Reports....

NAVY FALCON

32 minutes ago - Green Bay coaches who used to be in Atlanta: WRs coach Jimmy Robinson, assistant from 1990-1993 (also drafted by Atlanta in 1975), and CBs coach Joe Whitt, Jr., assistant in 2007. Pittsburgh coaches who used to be in Atlanta: TEs coach James Daniel, assistant from 1997-2003.

35 minutes ago - What a difference a year makes: A year ago, Packers SS Charlie Peprah was buried on Atlanta’s depth chart, rarely active and seeing time in just two games. This year he’ll start in the Super Bowl for Green Bay.

37 minutes ago - At pick 24 in the 2009 NFL draft, Packers LB Clay Matthews was still available for the taking. But the Falcons took DT Peria Jerry instead, who blew out his knee in Week 2 of his rookie year and hasn’t been the same since.

If TD were psychic, maybe I'd blame him for some things... but since he isn't, I'll continue to believe in his plan.

I mean, come on... if he knew Perry would blow his knee out and never be the same and that Matthews would be a BEAST in the NFL and still picked Perry, well you've got an arguement Ghostofdonkey but since that's fantasy - sorry, I'll keep licking him at every step :huh: what ever that means :D

I think some of that is a little misleading.

Peprah was signed about 5 Nov 09 to replace Fudge who went on IR.

That was about week 9. So he was a backup since he did not know the Falcon system.

Peprah was with the Packers in 08 and the Falcons part of 09.

If he is so great why did the Packers let him go in the first place???

Yes he has played very well in late 10 and the 10 playoffs so far.

also why name coaches former positions for example MM was one a Pitt coach.

Edited by delaigle

If TD were psychic, maybe I'd blame him for some things... but since he isn't, I'll continue to believe in his plan.

I mean, come on... if he knew Perry would blow his knee out and never be the same and that Matthews would be a BEAST in the NFL and still picked Perry, well you've got an arguement Ghostofdonkey but since that's fantasy - sorry, I'll keep licking him at every step :huh: what ever that means :D

Donkey has been gay for a long time.

When his boyfriend gets off of him long enough, he posts here.

Peprah played as good as DeCoud this year. If not better.

I wish he'd kept him.

As the rapid reports said he only saw action in 2 games and you can compare that to Decoud seeing action in most games for 2 seasons and draw valid conclusions. Now if you add in what Peprah did this year at GB then maybe.

added

Also he subbed for Coleman not DeCoud.

ADDED

Sorry I mis-read your comment.

But Peprah did play SS this year and DeCoud played FS this year.

All of the GB safties have 5 or more years experience except for the GIT rookie.

DeCoud played with Moore - more or less a Rookie

Edited by delaigle

What i hate is that ppl bring us Clay Matthews as a miss.... The guy is a freaking 3-4 LB... He would not have been the beast he is now for us... 2 different type schemes and roles... I dont get that.

Back then.. TD said he liked Clay and Cush but they didnt fit our scheme.

You cant blame the guy for somethin gno one really know now if things was different and jerry played to his potential everyone would be saying TD is so smart and he really know how to put a team together but you cant look at something now that you know the out come and say we should have the draft is basically a game of chance and we took a chance with jerry and it havent panned out yet i say yet becuase once healthy i am sure he will make a difference

Peprah played as good as DeCoud this year. If not better.

I wish he'd kept him.

During his Falcons stint, Peprah quickly developed a reputation for being lazy in practice, inattentive in meetings, and late for team buses. Perhaps he's corrected those faults since the release, but he didn't show any sign of it in Atlanta.

Don't understand how people keep on defending the Pariah Jerry pick. Pariah has a known and lengthy injury history and he's 25. Yes the accident may be 'freak' accident but regardless, his knees are already more injury prone than others.

Don't understand how people keep on defending the Pariah Jerry pick. Pariah has a known and lengthy injury history and he's 25. Yes the accident may be 'freak' accident but regardless, his knees are already more injury prone than others.

They gambled. Mayock and Kiper said Jerry was a top-10 talent. Same with Moore if he came out his junior year. He was a better prospect than Eric Berry who went 5th overall.

During his Falcons stint, Peprah quickly developed a reputation for being lazy in practice, inattentive in meetings, and late for team buses. Perhaps he's corrected those faults since the release, but he didn't show any sign of it in Atlanta.

Green Bay has a history of turning Atlanta garbage into greatness. Remember a certain #4?

Atlanta is a distracting place to live. The only thing to do in Green Bay Wisconsin is go to work. I think that a small but significant reason for their success is the fact that you really have to be looking for trouble to find trouble in that place.

Because its to early to judge a guy... You have to atleast give him next year to start a real point of view of the guy.

And i defend the pick because it was a great pick during the 09 draft... The guy dominated in college... The guy dominanted at the senior bowl... The guy has all the tools we want in a penetrating DT... He had a knee injury his rookie season... He showed me enough this year to think... I really want to see what he can do next year at 100%.

I get not being happy with what we have gotten so far.. But i think its way to early to give up on a guy.

What i hate is that ppl bring us Clay Matthews as a miss.... The guy is a freaking 3-4 LB... He would not have been the beast he is now for us... 2 different type schemes and roles... I dont get that.Back then.. TD said he liked Clay and Cush but they didnt fit our scheme.

Buddy is a play making NFL player. Bloodline. Explosive like TD is looking for. I bet he could play about four or five positions.

Buddy is a play making NFL player. Bloodline. Explosive like TD is looking for. I bet he could play about four or five positions.

Timeout....I'M A huge BLOODLINE fan...So dont get me wrong but Clay would be a LB here... We ask our LB to cover ALOT ... Thats not his thing...You can say what u think but im saying what we do... Nicholas is a good blitzer but we dont blitz him allot...

Would we put Matthews hands in the dirt on 3rd downs... Maybe.... I dont think so tho... Thats why TD said thwey didnt fit our scheme... But regardless... Matthews would not be the guy he is now with us... I have no doubt about that.

Clay Matthews went #27. That means there are 26 other stupid GMs in the league then, not just TD.

On top of that the Packers passed on Matthews once, by taking Raji with their first pick. Even they thought Raji was better than Matthews, but who just finished 2nd in voting for Defensive POY?

Edited by slimjim