Who Will Be Remembered As A Bigger Rock & Roll Icon?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm pretty sure that Dave Grohl was actually the driving force behind Nirvana.

I like Grohl, but I'm not a big music afficianado(<<<<< no way that's spelled correctly).

He just seems like a guy who made it through the extremes of early stardom and turned into a man who really loves his music and behaves like a regular guy.

But back to the original question of the thread. Cobain wins it by a mile because he died before he had time to make an utter clown of himself. Rose is a parody of a rock star now and I think time will not look back favorably on him. But I liked GnR's music much more than Nirvana's.

I like Grohl, but I'm not a big music afficianado(<<<<< no way that's spelled correctly).

He just seems like a guy who made it through the extremes of early stardom and turned into a man who really loves his music and behaves like a regular guy.

But back to the original question of the thread. Cobain wins it by a mile because he died before he had time to make an utter clown of himself. Rose is a parody of a rock star now and I think time will not look back favorably on him. But I liked GnR's music much more than Nirvana's.

Blowing your own brains out with a shotgun may fall under the heading " making a clown out of yourself."

it really is too bad that Axl Rose was such an idiot. Not many bands have successfully made great music while being that diverse

Honestly I choose C... none of the above.

for the reasons pretty much listed.

Nirvana HELPED usher in a new era of music but. They were not even the best band of that said era, of all the bands there as Dago pointed out Alice in Chains >>>>>>>>>>>>> Nearly all of them. There are much better indivual musicans then cobain, even in his own band Grohl is far and away a better musician.

AS far as Axle..... not just cause he isa doosh but GNR was made because the band had Slash, Duff, and Izzy... Duff and Izzy are VASTLY underrated as far as musical ability.

put it this way if the most recent version of GNR was the band that started way back when..... I doubt you ever hear the name Axl Rose.

Had Cobain not takne a shotgun to his head I think his time would have faded just like pretty much every other band from that era.

eh.. as we all know being a rock star is not contingent upon how technical your skills are. its about being unique, and being in the right place at the right time. Like him or not Cobain was pretty iconic. Lived the rock star life and died a rock star death. And he did represent an entire sound in music.. pretty iconic

loved GNR. now axl is making a mockery of himself. the braids and jeans... very very sad.

i guess i dont find the suicide jokes that funny. Just seems like a sick sense of humor. but it's whatever i guess it's funny untill you have a situation like that happen to affect you.

Anyway i love nirvana. So i give the edge to them.

But best bands of all time to me Blink 182 and Brand new. Its bound to be mocked

i guess i dont find the suicide jokes that funny. Just seems like a sick sense of humor. but it's whatever i guess it's funny untill you have a situation like that happen to affect you.

But best bands of all time to me Blink 182 and Brand new. Its bound to be mocked

Blink 182? best of all time? How about Led Zepplin, Black Sabbath. The Beatles for christ sake.

Blink 182? best of all time? How about Led Zepplin, Black Sabbath. The Beatles for christ sake.

maybe best bands to me should have been translated to my favorite bands. but regardless its my opinion and i didnt grow up in the 70s and 80s like you guys did. 21 not about the age of 40 like it seems most the members in the forum are

One day, an old lady decided that she didn't want to live anymore. So she went to the doctor and asked, ''What's the best way to kill yourself?'' The doctor told her, ''Well, shooting yourself in the heart is a fast method.'' She asked him, ''Where's the heart located?'' The doctor said, ''It's three fingers below the nipple.''

Later on, the police and paramedics arrive at her house. When the paramedic asks what happened, one officer says, ''We found her on the floor with a gunshot wound to the knee.''

maybe best bands to me should have been translated to my favorite bands. but regardless its my opinion and i didnt grow up in the 70s and 80s like you guys did. 21 not about the age of 40 like it seems most the members in the forum are

Your opinion is your opinion and I don't think no one is lambasting you for it, however, I didn't grow up listening to any of those rock bands like Led Zep, Black Sabbath or the like, but I can't put any rock group that I was listening to at the time above those guys. Those dudes were innovators of their genre. I can't say the same for Blink 182.

(My favorite rock band is The Police.)

One day, an old lady decided that she didn't want to live anymore. So she went to the doctor and asked, ''What's the best way to kill yourself?'' The doctor told her, ''Well, shooting yourself in the heart is a fast method.'' She asked him, ''Where's the heart located?'' The doctor said, ''It's three fingers below the nipple.''

Later on, the police and paramedics arrive at her house. When the paramedic asks what happened, one officer says, ''We found her on the floor with a gunshot wound to the knee.''

:lol::lol::lol:

Yeah I agree but I wasn't really trying to compare the music more of who will be remembered as an individual pop icon..More like who is gonna be the guy that a bunch of suburb kids will be wearing screen print tee-shirts with their face on it 30 years from now..

Like how Lennon is viewed as a bigger icon than Jagger or Dillan when arguably the latter had better music..

Again with this.. It's hard to beat a guy that died young leaving a good looking corpse..

Jagger better than Lennon? Please pass the crack. I want some.