Everson Griffen arrested

hawkeye

Former USC defensive end Everson Griffen was tased and apprehended by LAPD after assaulting an officer at a traffic stop near USC’s campus at around 4 p.m. Monday.

Police officers were performing a traffic stop at the intersection of 30th and Hoover Streets when they pulled Griffen over. He did not have an I.D. on him and became aggressive when questioned by officers, according to an LAPD spokesperson. Griffen attempted to run away and then assaulted one of the officers who was pursuing him. The officers tased Griffen, then arrested him on a charge of felony battery.

Griffen, who was selected by the Minnesota Vikings with the 100th overall pick in last April’s NFL Draft, had been on campus earlier in the day to visit coaches and players.

As a junior, Griffen recorded 45 tackles for the Trojans before giving up his final season of elgibility to declare for the draft.

Monday was not Griffen’s first run-in with the law.

On July 4, 2009, Griffen, along with former USC linebacker Jordan Campbell, was cited by the Nantucket Police Department for a noise violation at a party.

http://dailytrojan.com/2011/01/31/former-trojan-defensive-end-everson-griffen-arrested-near-usc/

Glad we didn't take him now.

Thats why i dont cry if TD doesnt take a guy that he feels have questionable character issues,... You know all of us was on the draft Everson Griffen in the 3rd round bandwagon.

TD said he was one of the best pass rushers in that draft but didnt "fit what we needed". This is why

Thats why i dont cry if TD doesnt take a guy that he feels have questionable character issues,... You know all of us was on the draft Everson Griffen in the 3rd round bandwagon.

TD said he was one of the best pass rushers in that draft but didnt "fit what we needed". This is why

I keep saying the same thing no matter how freakishly gifted a player maybe he is no good to us behind bars!

What are the repercussions of a felony of assaulting an officer?

Will he face jail time, and will this jeopardize his future in the NFL?

In L.A? I would have to think he's gonna do 90-120 days in county and an addition 5 yrs minus the time served in county on state probation. And that is if its his first ever charge.

Edited by #2 FTW

If he could actually play I would still want him..This soft defense needs someone with a L.T. mentality even if it does happen to leak off the field.. But unfortunately for him he doesn't seem to be a baller..

The team that has won an Lombardi trophy with all "character" guys is like the Easter bunny.. Fun to talk to our kids about, but it doesn't really exist...

Ehh, the fact that its LAPD totally questions the credibility of the arrest and the offense lol!! I wanna hear his side...

I'm sure it was " The Man " trying to keep him down. As in most states , when a police officer asks you to provide ID , you must comply , or it does raise suspicion. Now if you become belligerent and attempt to flee then one should expect some consequence. Only a dimwit would expect otherwise. Every cop is not a bad cop, no matter where they work.

The Minneapolis Star-Tribune confirms that Vikings DE Everson Griffen was arrested twice in California in the matter of three days.

The first arrest was for public drunkenness Friday night in Hollywood. The second charge -- felony battery of a policeman -- is far more serious. Griffen allegedly told officers following the second arrest that he "did not want to go back to jail." (Who does?) Griffen, 23, had a checkered background at USC, one of the main reasons the first-round talent fell to the fourth round on draft day. He has a court date set for February 25.

Edited by head busta from augusta