C- Wilkin Castillo

3B- Shawn Bowman

3B- Ed Lucas

LF- Brent Clevlen

CF- Jose Constanza

LF- WIlkin Ramirez

Those are courtesy of the Braves website

First game is Feb 26 vs Mets

As always the Braves will finish with 2 games at Turner Field March 29-30 vs Twins

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Braves announced Wednesday they will have 20 non-roster invitees when Spring Training begins in two weeks.

The list of non-roster players includes left-handers Johan Flande and Brett Oberholtzer; right-handers Michael Broadway, Kenshin Kawakami, Rodrigo Lopez, Jay Sborz, Julio Teheran and Arodys Vizcaino.

Also on the list are catchers Christian Bethancourt, J.C. Boscan, Wilkin Castillo, Braeden Schlehuber and Jesus Sucre; infielders Shawn Bowman, Ed Lucas and Tyler Pastornicky; and outfielders Brent Clevlen, Jose Constanza, Mycal Jones and Wilkin Ramirez.

Braves reliever Peter Moylan has dropped 23 pounds since last season, down to his targeted weight of 225. Yes, he was 248 last yr. Oy.

Rehabbing #Braves pitcher Kris Medlen is throwing in the outfield now, playing catch with Eddie Perez. Medlen's soft-tossing from 90 ft.

Early arriving #Braves position players include McLouth, Uggla, Prado and Schafer. Just now, McLouth headed to batting cage w/ Schafer.

Braves Schafer says he's "100 percent" and ready to go. No issues with wrist that's slowed him 2 yrs. Says that's about all there is to say

#Braves' Martin Prado wasn't exactly thrilled about being moved to LF, but said he's got to take it professionally, for benefit of team.

He seems like the most likely to be traded, but I think it depends on how the offense is hitting and if the braves need to get another player b/c of a major injury or two

I certainly see a scenario where JJ would be traded for a big bat sometime during the season. Our pitching is good enough to keep us in contention, but I see the offense scuffling a bit as it did last season.

From DoB:

Fredi G’s response when I asked him if #Braves would take more infield during season (after he mentioned more pitchers’ fielding practice in spring training):

“Yeah, I think so. The things that we can control. You can’t control the broken-bat single or the flare that falls in behind the second baseman. But you can control the bunt defense; you can’t make sure we get an out. You can control where you’re going on cutoffs and relays, the first-and-third situations, the rundowns, you can control those things.

“Like I told them, I don’t care if you give up a two-run homer in the ninth and we lose the game. But I’ll really be upset if you don’t know that bunt defense, where you’re supposed to be, or you threw it away. That kind of stuff that you control. Sometimes you make a good pitch and a guy hits it out of the ballpark. But if you threw a ball some place you weren’t supposed to throw it, that’s where I get upset.”

I've not really been feeling the Fredi love, but I do like this. I've been very disappointed the last few years in the Braves on these sorts of issues. There's a lot more to fielding your position than just range and arm strength, it's knowing what to do with the ball and knowing where you have to be on the field during a play. The Braves had gotten away from that the last few years.

Also from DoB: Gonzales has said that Joe Mather or Jason Heyward could back up at centerfield.

Seems like it may not necessarily be a Matt Young or Jordan Schafer decision for the last bench spot. If Gonzales is comfortable with Mather or Heyward in center, the last spot could be an infielder.

the braves this year are slimmer and maybe meaner.

Every Brave I've heard interviewed this season talks about unfinished business. It's pretty clear they were all extremely disappointed about how everything ended last season, and have taken personal responsibility to get fitter to try to avoid some of the physical breakdowns.

We'll see how much it works. Also, it seems like there is little fear of Philly, even with the addition of Cliff Lee.