how about S.Holmes

By acknowledging they dont fit here in Atlanta, you are essentially having a "filter." You don't want those players on the Falcons because, based on your(and everyone with any sense) filter you know they would be more trouble than they are worth.

I don't disagree about Holmes at all - he has some off-the-field issues and that's the source of contention with regard to the Falcon filter. We got burned bad and I think AB is very leery of it happening again... with that said, Holmes (unless I am mistaken) did not LIE about his actions so that's a positive, filter wise.

They don't fit because they are old and nearing the end of their careers. Were you thinking about how "classy" our team was when the Packers hung 48 points on us a fews weeks ago? I guess you like "classy Finneran" lining up opposite Roddy White? I know the opposing defenses love it! Which do you think John Abraham would rather having rushing opposite him, "A Certified QB Killer" or a choirboy? Sometimes I feel that some in our fanbase are clueless when it comes to what it takes to win.

Money talks. Besides, the Jets are going to have to decide between Edwards and Holmes. They aren't going to keep both. Also, they got to pay Cromartie or let him walk.

I live "up" here & this is correct! I think Holmes is the keeper. Edwards is unpredictable as far as anything, including on & off the field, he is not worth it!

They don't fit because they are old and nearing the end of their careers. Were you thinking about how "classy" our team was when the Packers hung 48 points on us a fews weeks ago? I guess you like "classy Finneran" lining up opposite Roddy White? I know the opposing defenses love it! Which do you think John Abraham would rather having rushing opposite him, "A Certified QB Killer" or a choirboy? Sometimes I feel that some in our fanbase are clueless when it comes to what it takes to win.

I personally didn't care that we got humilated as a #1 seed on prime time national television. The most important thing is we did it with classy high character guys..I would much rather we lose with class then win multiple rings with thugs like Rothlisburger, Burress or Holmes...You see it's not about football or even winning.. It's about the kids. I want my organization to make it a priority to set an good example and raise a generation of young children who's parents are too busy playing golf or snorting xanax to do it themselves..We need to keep things in perspective and remember what the purpose of professional football is..These men are supposed to be leaders in our community not winners..Winning is overrated..And only meaningful if you do it the "right way" with "good classy people"..

I personally didn't care that we got humilated as a #1 seed on prime time national television. The most important thing is we did it with classy high character guys..I would much rather we lose with class then win multiple rings with thugs like Rothlisburger, Burress or Holmes...You see it's not about football or even winning.. It's about the kids. I want my organization to make it a priority to set an good example and raise a generation of young children who's parents are too busy playing golf or snorting xanax to do it themselves..We need to keep things in perspective and remember what the purpose of professional football is..These men are supposed to be leaders in our community not winners..Winning is overrated..And only meaningful if you do it the "right way" with "good classy people"..

Are You Kidding Me? This a joke right?

Edited by BigMoneyGrip

I typed out almost an entire paragraph explaining how naive your post is, then realized the whole post was facetious.

Well played.

For a sec I thought you were serious haha. Might want to go with purple font next time.

EXACTLY!!! I think some fans truly believe this franchise is on par with the Steelers when it comes to having a winning tradition.

I don't believe we are on par with them yet, but if you look back at the Steelers history, they had 40+ years of languishing in exile and losing seasons, before they began their winning tradition. Trends do have to start somewhere and we have three years of winning seasons. You need to step out of the past and get with the new regime.

I don't believe we are on par with them yet, but if you look back at the Steelers history, they had 40+ years of languishing in exile and losing seasons, before they began their winning tradition. Trends do have to start somewhere and we have three years of winning seasons. You need to step out of the past and get with the new regime.

I'm definitely living in the present not the past. This thread is about acquiring talent to win now and in the future. And this new regime needs to get players that will get us over the playoff hump. Do you realize that Rex Ryan's playoff record in 4-2 over the last two years? They are right on the cusp. There offense made a nice jump after acquiring Edwards and Holmes. Both had a little baggage, but the Jets took a chance and it almost paid off with a Super Bowl appearance. Also, they took a chance on Cromartie. He played very well opposite Revis. Heck, you can say he outplayed our top free agent acquisition from last year and was much cheaper too. Just sayin!

Edited by BigMoneyGrip

I'm definitely living in the present not the past. This thread is about acquiring talent to win now and in the future. And this new regime needs to get players that will get us over the playoff hump. Do you realize that Rex Ryan's playoff record in 4-2 over the last two years? They are right on the cusp. There offense made a nice jump after acquiring Edwards and Holmes. Both had a little baggage, but the Jets took a chance and it almost paid off with a Super Bowl appearance. Also, they took a chance on Cromartie. He played very well opposite Revis. Heck, you can say he outplayed our top free agent acquisition from last year and was much cheaper too. Just sayin!

The Jets did make some nice moves last offseason that's for sure.

This is year 4 in this regime and drafting only choir boys and getting only one free agent a year isn't gonna cut it anymore.

It's ok to have 1 or 2 goons on the squad. Look at the Pack and the Steelers they have guys with questionable character and they are playing for the chip in a few days. Harrison causes a lot of media coverage but I'd rather have him than anyone on our defense right now. Nobody fears a bunch of do-gooders we need a little edginess on our team.

The Jets did make some nice moves last offseason that's for sure.

This is year 4 in this regime and drafting only choir boys and getting only one free agent a year isn't gonna cut it anymore.

It's ok to have 1 or 2 goons on the squad. Look at the Pack and the Steelers they have guys with questionable character and they are playing for the chip in a few days. Harrison causes a lot of media coverage but I'd rather have him than anyone on our defense right now. Nobody fears a bunch of do-gooders we need a little edginess on our team.

To me its not really a bout edginess, its about signing dominant players that maybe do not interview well or smoked a blunt or slapped a chick 5 years ago. Everyone makes mistakes. Thats just me and I don't expect anyone to agree.

To me its not really a bout edginess, its about signing dominant players that maybe do not interview well or smoked a blunt or slapped a chick 5 years ago. Everyone makes mistakes. Thats just me and I don't expect anyone to agree.

I feel the same way.