Matt Ryan's arm

What I took away from the Pro Bowl is this: first off the game is for fun. Secondly Matt Ryan's deep ball to Austin was thrown into double coverage and was for fun. If you remember the commentator's saying "all the QB's are late on their passes" due to timing issues with player's they do not play with. There is no blitz in the Pro Bowl which undoubtedly will throw the timing off. QB's have twice as long to throw the ball, twice as long to think. Most importantly, Matt Ryan was the best QB in this years Pro Bowl, isn't that enough for what the game is worth. As Buck Baleau answered when I asked him on air, "how would you classify Matt Ryan's arm strength" he said intermiediate strong. That is what Joe Montana's scouting reports were also. Matt Ryan has thrown plenty of beautiful balls in his short time here. Expect more in the future.

I agree Ryan's arm strength is more than adequate, and that it's an overrated quality in general, BUT he could work on it. Look at Tom Brady's first couple years starting, then look at him from about 2006 on- he definitely added velocity to his throws.

The pro bowl is the pro bowl, so I don't put any stock in that.

But what a lot of people don't realize (or refuse to acknowledge) is that on the very few deep throws he even attempted in the regular season, they were generally rainbows because he didn't have all day to sit in the pocket.

Our o-line doesn't consistently create those clean 7-second pockets necessary for a receiver to get downfield, create separation, and be in a position to receive those "bullet" passes. Ryan had to chuck it up and hope his receivers could run under it, because he had to throw it prematurely so often.

I agree Ryan's arm strength is more than adequate, and that it's an overrated quality in general, BUT he could work on it. Look at Tom Brady's first couple years starting, then look at him from about 2006 on- he definitely added velocity to his throws.

But what a lot of people don't realize (or refuse to acknowledge) is that on the very few deep throws he even attempted in the regular season, they were generally rainbows because he didn't have all day to sit in the pocket.

Our o-line doesn't consistently create those clean 7-second pockets necessary for a receiver to get downfield, create separation, and be in a position to receive those "bullet" passes. Ryan had to chuck it up and hope his receivers could run under it, because he had to throw it prematurely so often.

This I agree with...

Does his mechanics have to be worked on yes..

But this isn't just an issue of Matt Ryan's there are a lot of factors effecting our deep ball game

I completely agree with you, ryan has half the time as brady and manning get. ryan gets the job done with what he has.

This I agree with...

But this isn't just an issue of Matt Ryan's there are a lot of factors effecting our deep ball game

I agree, def needs to work on stepping into throws. what some people need to realize is his pocket evaporates quickly forcing to throw off back foot. those are some pretty long balls to throw with no weight shift. tiger woods would hit the ball 50% less if he wasn't able to transfer his weight either. mike vick it seems is allways running forward on his deep ball. sign a free agent wr in off season and beef up o-line more in draft. think next year will be a pick your poison type of year, do we go offense or defense. i say what we have in place, go offense. hopefully defense will progress and hopefully mularky goes to tennessee:)

This I agree with...

NOT to sound rude but, didn't you see the part where CLOFTON50 said, "they were generally rainbows because he didn't have all day to sit in the pocket.

Our o-line doesn't consistently create those clean 7-second pockets necessary for a receiver to get downfield, create separation, and be in a position to receive those "bullet" passes. Ryan had to chuck it up and hope his receivers could run under it, because he had to throw it prematurely so often." I really think that CLofton50 has a great point here! Maybe a point that is being overlooked or "put on the backburner"