Time to Accept Responsibility For YOUR Roll In Playoff Debacle

HolyMoses

I've been reading on the boards about where things went wrong against the Packers; Ryans two interceptions, lack of pressure on Rogers, Owens . . .

But I know where the real blame lies: ME! I was out of town for the game and made a crucial packing decision which cursed our chances. What to wear for watching the game? I opted to "save" my game worn Todd Weiner autographed jersey for the NFC Championship game, or even the Super Bowl. Instead, I opted for the goofy long sleeve embroidered sweat shirt my wife picked up for me. . . probably at Marshalls or something.

I took the Packers too lightly. Had I worn the Weiner Jersey, we would have been better prepared and on top of our game. Instead, we looked ahead and got eliminated.

Perhaps the Weiner Jersey would have been too much too soon, and we would have advanced and lost in the NFC Championship game. Karma can't be wasted.

But I should have known that, in the playoffs. You MUST take care of business. I picked the wrong fan wear, and now we are all suffering.

I'm sorry.

But am I the only one?

Confess here. You'll feel better. I sure do (I think.)

Edited by holymoses

Lol I thought it was me... All day I had been telling my girl and some friends that I better be home in time for the game. Well couple hundred drinks later and there I was stuck at a bar having to watch it there. I believe had I been able to watch this game at home there would have been a better outcome.

Hate having to watch them at a bar as it seems I can't pay attention.

I never ever have my face painted during a game, my daughter had it done and I decided to get it done as well. Even had "RISE UP" painted on my face! :angry:

It was the paint on my face!

I need professional counseling because I can still hear those cheeseheads in our dome yelling "GO PACK GO!" as I was sitting there until the very end. I guess if I would have left in the third quarter like everybody else did I wouldn't be so traumatized! :angry:

I never ever have my face painted during a game, my daughter had it done and I decided to get it done as well. Even had "RISE UP" painted on my face! :angry:

It was the paint on my face!

I need professional counseling because I can still hear those cheeseheads in our dome yelling "GO PACK GO!" as I was sitting there until the very end. I guess if I would have left in the third quarter like everybody else did I wouldn't be so traumatized! :angry:

The first step in healing is recognizing your errors.

I think we all need to use this exercise to focus on how we can improve in the future. We can build on our past mistakes.

It was....my...fault.

For some reason, whenever I wear my Falcons gear at home during games, we lose. It has been going on for years now. So I decided NOT to wear any gear during the game, obviously.

At the end of the 3rd quarter I look down and realized I have been wearing my Falcons slippers the WHOLE TIME.

I ruined everything.

It was....my...fault.

For some reason, whenever I wear my Falcons gear at home during games, we lose. It has been going on for years now. So I decided NOT to wear anything during the game, obviously.

At the end of the 3rd quarter I look down and realized I have been wearing my Falcons slippers the WHOLE TIME.

I ruined everything.

:wacko:

I broke from my season long ritual, against my wishes, of watching the game in my living room by myself on the big screen. Instead I was tasked with going to a social dinner party that wasn't even Falcons-Packers oriented; the game was at least on, but I know the Football Gods frowned upon my gameday departure from the norm.

I should've seen the signs when my Rise-Up wristband (that I had worn for a solid week) broke early in the AM as I was packing to tailgate. I was in a hurry getting things prepared and didn't immediately go repair the wristband. In fact....(i shudder here!) I actually tossed in in the trash. What a moron. It is all my fault and I apologize. Please forgive me.

Thanks, I feel better now.

It was definitely me. I got a small "Freddie the Falcon" the Christmas right before the Cardinals play-off game and I positioned Freddie close to the television during that game for good luck. I put him away for a LONG time after that, thinking he was cursed. But, since he had shown up again in my recent move, I decided he should have another chance this year.

Never, NEVER again is that d*mn thing coming near my living room during a Falcons game.

Edited by BCEagleATLFalcon

Nope Falcons, it was ME! I have only been to 4 home games since the Ryan (Sleepy Time) Era began and you guessed it - all have been losses...Broncos, Eagles, Saints, and Packers (playoff). :lol::lol::lol:

Funny thing is - I gave away 2 pairs of tickets to each of my girlfriends and my wife wins 2 tix off the radio....of course I took my son :lol::lol::lol: