Was Tony G nasty to Jay Glazer?

I'm going to start off by saying I think most TV sports personalities, especially FOX's, are terrible, but, in the sideline interview with Jay Glazer, Tony G made some pretty nasty comments about Jay Glazer's weight. Now, maybe theyre good friends and he was just joking around, I dont know, but for one of the nicest, most down to earth guys in the NFL, it was almost uncomfortable to watch the tension in that interview. I've never seen that side of him. Maybe Im just overanalyzing this, but I hope TG, while rightfully disappointed in his latest playoff loss, wouldnt let that make him bitter about having to play in the Pro Bowl (and not the SB) or having to reflect on his amazing career, which unfortunately does not include a ring .. yet.

I'm going to start off by saying I think most TV sports personalities, especially FOX's, are terrible, but, in the sideline interview with Jay Glazer, Tony G made some pretty nasty comments about Jay Glazer's weight. Now, maybe theyre good friends and he was just joking around, I dont know, but for one of the nicest, most down to earth guys in the NFL, it was almost uncomfortable to watch the tension in that interview. I've never seen that side of him. Maybe Im just overanalyzing this, but I hope TG, while rightfully disappointed in his latest playoff loss, wouldnt let that make him bitter about having to play in the Pro Bowl (and not the SB) or having to reflect on his amazing career, which unfortunately does not include a ring .. yet.

Jay Gkazer tweeted that he and Tony G are good friends and kid each other all the time.

Edited by falconsfansrus

They have had some very funny interviews in the past. Most of which are from glazers Internet show. He and Tony are always going at each other. I thought it was hilarious. It was all in good fun and if you noticed that's jays niche. He brings an air of comedy to usually boring and mundane interviews. Good job yesterday by the players and staff and the interviewers too. It was just fun to watch.

Maybe ur just suffering from the worlds most disgusting disease... political correctness. Most of us aren't afflicted with this nonsense and thats why we can still enjoy it when men jawbone each other...rolleyes.gif

Edited by HASHBROWN3

I was actually very disappointed with the Falcons and the players in general at the Pro Bowl. Tony Gonzalez may have lost one of his biggest fans that day. I went to Ohana Day on Saturday with a group of Marines (I am also a Marine) from Kaneohe Bay. I passed up opportunities to get my Pro Bowl football autographed by Ray Lewis, Drew Brees, and Miles Austin because I was trying to get Atlanta Falcons autographs only. The only Falcon that I saw actually signing autographs was Mughelli. What a stand up guy. He was signing autographs for at least 30 minutes, if not longer. Much longer than any of the other players. Just as I thought all hope was lost, Tony Gonzalez ran onto the field from the locker room. I was super pumped because I was in the first row with my Tony Gonzalez jersey on and he came right up to my section. Surely I would get his autograph! At least I thought so... He said he wasn't signing autographs but he had a bag full of gear already autographed, which was really cool. So here I am thinking that I'm at least going to walk away with something, being that I was only one of a very few Falcons fans in the stands that day. WRONG! All the stuff he threw over my head to people that clearly weren't Falcons fans, the whole time I'm saying, "I'M YOUR BIGGEST FAN!" and things of that nature, but to no avail... I'm still a HUGE Tony Gonzalez fan, but I have to say not as much as I was before...

Maybe ur just suffering from the worlds most disgusting disease... political correctness. Most of us aren't afflicted with this nonsense and thats why we can still enjoy it when men jawbone each other...rolleyes.gif

Its not that I thought Tony should have been nice, its just that he usually is and he wasnt ... and it was surprising to see that. Anyway, I didnt realize they were friends

Not knowing they were friends, it kind of reminded me of that Jim Mora Jr interview a while back where he was defending Vick as a player in ATL and Mora just snapped at the guy. Regardless of what we think of him as a coach, hes a super nice guy and it was shocking to hear that from him. It was a radio interview, I dont have the link.

I was actually very disappointed with the Falcons and the players in general at the Pro Bowl. Tony Gonzalez may have lost one of his biggest fans that day. I went to Ohana Day on Saturday with a group of Marines (I am also a Marine) from Kaneohe Bay. I passed up opportunities to get my Pro Bowl football autographed by Ray Lewis, Drew Brees, and Miles Austin because I was trying to get Atlanta Falcons autographs only. The only Falcon that I saw actually signing autographs was Mughelli. What a stand up guy. He was signing autographs for at least 30 minutes, if not longer. Much longer than any of the other players. Just as I thought all hope was lost, Tony Gonzalez ran onto the field from the locker room. I was super pumped because I was in the first row with my Tony Gonzalez jersey on and he came right up to my section. Surely I would get his autograph! At least I thought so... He said he wasn't signing autographs but he had a bag full of gear already autographed, which was really cool. So here I am thinking that I'm at least going to walk away with something, being that I was only one of a very few Falcons fans in the stands that day. WRONG! All the stuff he threw over my head to people that clearly weren't Falcons fans, the whole time I'm saying, "I'M YOUR BIGGEST FAN!" and things of that nature, but to no avail... I'm still a HUGE Tony Gonzalez fan, but I have to say not as much as I was before...

Idolatry of a fellow human is never a wise path to follow!

I have met many "celebrities" in acting and in sports--even flew with a former President of the United states--yet in my lifetime I have ask for but one signature...that of Nancy Lopez, the retired professional golfer I had the pleasure of sitting beside on a flight to Minneapolis several years back. And this one exception wasn't for me; it was for a recently adopted young lad of 7 years old from a foreign country that was trying golf his very first time. I asked Nancy to put his name, "Connor," on a piece of paper with words of encouragement in his pursuit of golf. She was incredibly gracious!

Edited by Quarterback

Go find a video called Jay Glazers training camp. You'll see that TD and Glazer have been good friends for years.

Tony reminds me of Jason from The Game. He acts just like him.

Edited by #1 pick

Idolatry of a fellow human is never a wise path to follow!

I have met many "celebrities" in acting and in sports--even flew with a former President of the United states--yet in my lifetime I have ask for but one signature...that of Nancy Lopez, the retired professional golfer I had the pleasure of sitting beside on a flight to Minneapolis several years back. And this one exception wasn't for me; it was for a recently adopted young lad of 7 years old from a foreign country that was trying golf his very first time. I asked Nancy to put his name, "Connor," on a piece of paper with words of encouragement in his pursuit of golf. She was incredibly gracious!

I've met several celebrities this year including President Obama and I must admit I wasn't impressed with meeting any of them, BUT I was geniunely excited about seeing Gonzalez up close and in person and I didn't think I would be. I'm such a huge Falcons fan and was really disappointed.

Larry David says curb your enthusiasm!

LOL! :lol: Next time I'll try... Being that I live in Hawaii it will be next Pro Bowl before I see any Falcons again...

For real though that sucks having such a great opportunity to get some swag from your favorite team only to be left with nothing. Silver lining: You were in groping distance of Tony G... not that you would do that or anything :P

is it bad that the first thing i zoomed in on on this topic is the fact that you especially hate the fox analyst. they're the only ones i can stand. everyone else is just awful + they're the only ones that give us any credit what so ever. strahan, howie, and tb all give us mad props all the time