Family Heirlooms: What've you got?

Thanks. The les paul was already mine, but the rest are dad's. The only amp I'm looking to sell in that picture is the silverface twin on the far right, behind the Taylor. It has these huge, awful peavey speakers in it, and it doesn't sound like it should. Not sure if the tubes/transformers need replacing, but he wasn't very attached to that one. The reverb on the blond Deville went out and channel switching on the super is out, so hopefully the twin will pay for those repairs. Dad randomly bought it, but the deville and super were always his favorites.

The Super would be my pick of the litter.

You can probably change that reverb tank yourself. Check http://www.stewmac.com/.

The Super would be my pick of the litter.

You can probably change that reverb tank yourself. Check http://www.stewmac.com/.

It's not a Super Reverb, it's a early 90's Super (Pro Tube Series) Fender Amp Field Guide

It's the same as the Concert from that line of amps, but it has the 4 10's. It's also 60 watts, I'd prefer it to be 45 like the Super Reverb. It and the 60 watt, 4 10' Blues Deville are LOUD. I don't turn them past two. Both are cool cause the Deville has one gain channel, and the Super has two. With single coils, there's not much dirt, but with humbuckers they scream, especially once you hit them with a tube screamer on top of the gain channel. You could play a top 40's gig with either amp and seamlessly go from fender clean to pretty rocking. I'll honestly still probably play my Blues Jr. the most because I can control the volume better, but it doesn't have the beautiful fender clean like the two big amps.

Maybe after I graduate, but I want to get one of the new Marshall Class 5 MkII head's and a 1x12 cab Marshall Class 5 MkII. It has a low power switch, which is the deal-sealer for me. I've repeatedly read that the original, even at 5 watts, is way too loud for everyday home use. I know you were looking for a plexi style amp too, you may be interested in the head or 1x12 combo.