New Falcons Mock

Zodiac

Michael Jenkins was expected to run a 4.6. When he ran, he ran a 4.38, and that was what vaulted him into the 1st round.

Wide Receiver

Avg Pos Rank Player School Ht Wt Speed Bench Vertical Leap

1 Larry Fitzgerald Pittsburgh 6'3" 221 4.47 20 35"

2.7 Mike Williams USC 6'5" 228 4.56 37"

2.8 Roy Williams Texas 6'2" 212

3.8 Reggie Williams Washington 6'4" 225 4.48 36"

5.7 Rashaun Woods Oklahoma State 6'2" 202 4.5

6.1 Lee Evans Wisconsin 5'10" 197 4.3

6.5 Michael Clayton LSU 6'2" 209 4.54

7.8 Michael Jenkins Ohio State 6'4" 218 4.38 34"

9.4 Devery Henderson LSU 5'11" 198 4.36 35.5"

10.5 Devard Darling Washington State 6'2" 212 4.51

10.7 Keary Colbert USC 6'0" 207 4.43 36"

10.7 Derrick Hamilton Clemson 6'3" 196 4.42 40.5"

10.9 Ernest Wilford Virginia Tech 6'3" 226 4.75

Someone is either putting the wrong time or got a bad link. I got my info from the NFL combine page itself. Said Jenkins ran a 4.6

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I also have us cutting ties with Jamaal Anderson, and we might cut ties with Jenks or include him in the trade if we do that

cutting ties with Turner will gives us more money to work with and Michael Bush would be cheaper, signing him keeping snelling and drafting locke??? are you saying that we would have to worry about the RB Position really? That would give us one of the youngest RB Corps. Not to mention Abe will probably retire after this year as he'll be 34 the year after this one and his contract is set to expire which means even more money to work with. Not to mention that one of our developmental DE's should have panned out by than, We only have like 3 on the roster. Also have us cutting ties with Chauncey Davis since hes not worth the money at all.

I think we'll give grimes a 6 Mil a year deal for 5 years for 30 Mil, thats about right on par With Tramon William's extension.

We still will have a cap hit from cutting any player. And the FO isn't trading Turner. So you can go ahead and forget about that. Grimes will probably get something like Tramon got. And Charles will probably get something like $8 mil a year

Someone is either putting the wrong time or got a bad link. I got my info from the NFL combine page itself. Said Jenkins ran a 4.6

Can you post that link? It could have been his proday, but I distinctly remember him running a sub 4.4, as it surprised everyone, and elevated his stock. There were mulitple articles about it. He was considered a big "gainer" from the offseason. He was definitely seen as a sub 4.4 guy when drafted, not a 4.6 guy. I'd like to see that link.

They could be bluffing you never know, honestly I just dont see the use in keeping Turner, hes gonna suck this year I have that feeling, he's gonna be 30 and has already compiled about 1000 Carries in 3 years. Do what the Pats GM do dump him off and grab a great wr and good rb through fa.

Lol at someone neggin me, you guys do realize hes only averagin around 4 yards per carry if he was on any other team, he would probably barely break 1000 yards.

hE's been overworked theres still a bit of value left, why not drop him off

sign Michael Bush whos a younger and faster Turner and go from there.

While we're at it we should trade Clabo and Roddy as well, seeing how they are a couple of our better players. We need to get rid of these guys while they still have value, heck we outta trade Ryan and Lofton too. Then two years down the road we can trade our top players from this years draft for more draft picks. We'll be the New England Patriots of the South, an unstopable juggernaut.

/sarcasm

Hey Dumbass Turners ahs compiled nearly 1000 Carries in 3 years. He'll be 30 next year, he looked gased by week 10 of this season, how long do you think it'll be before he gets gassed due to overworking htis season, im guessing week 6. Turner is going downhill, if you cant see that than your freaking Blind, I mean if we brought in Arian Foster and Jamaal Charles and gave them 300 Carries they'd probably eclipse 2k, same with CJ2k. Turner is going downhill, there still some value in him we need to take what we get, cause I guarentee you the year after this he won't even get 1000 yards.

Turner has compiled 1000 carries, because he is 70% of our offense. The guy is the starting NFC running back. You're acting like he's a washed up scrub. Norwood going down early with the injury, tacked on about 60-70 extra carries on #33. Turner took extra work and besides what you believe was a major cog in our 13 wins this year.

The bottom line is, the FO will not trade him this year or next, unless the deal is unbeilivable(H. Walker)

FTR, your mook draft is a f-ing joke.

Turner has compiled 1000 carries, because he is 70% of our offense. The guy is the starting NFC running back. You're acting like he's a washed up scrub. Norwood going down early with the injury, tacked on about 60-70 extra carries on #33. Turner took extra work and besides what you believe was a major cog in our 13 wins this year.

The bottom line is, the FO will not trade him this year or next, unless the deal is unbeilivable(H. Walker)

FTR, your mook draft is a f-ing joke.

K let's see your mock big boy, your probably another Titus Young homer.

Yea he's the starting runnibg back for NFC? So whatif you gave any other back in the NFC 334 Carries they'd probably have more yards than Turner. We'll be lucky if Turner doesnt get hurt this year

and really Jrock would not get 60-70 carries rofl, if he was healthy more like 30-40. He'd probably get hurt on the 5th hand-off though. Not only that Turner can't catch, so we're basically using a decaying battering ram.

Turner was great during his time here, but he is old and overworked.

I wouldn't be suprised to see him go down with an injury this year, his body cant take that type of punishment anymore.

Can you post that link? It could have been his proday, but I distinctly remember him running a sub 4.4, as it surprised everyone, and elevated his stock. There were mulitple articles about it. He was considered a big "gainer" from the offseason. He was definitely seen as a sub 4.4 guy when drafted, not a 4.6 guy. I'd like to see that link.

I will do it when I get to my laptop. I'm doing all this from my phone. Maybe it was his pro day because I remember how disappointed he was. But Jenks is a long strider anyway. Wish he would play like that sub 4.4. speed

Yea he's the starting runnibg back for NFC? So whatif you gave any other back in the NFC 334 Carries they'd probably have more yards than Turner. We'll be lucky if Turner doesnt get hurt this year

and really Jrock would not get 60-70 carries rofl, if he was healthy more like 30-40. He'd probably get hurt on the 5th hand-off though. Not only that Turner can't catch, so we're basically using a decaying battering ram.

I wouldn't be suprised to see him go down with an injury this year, his body cant take that type of punishment anymore.

So you honestly think the Cardinals would trade Fitz for our old, beat-down, worthless washed up RB?

He would have got 30-40 carries? Ok stop it. Before this year Norwood has never carried the ball less than 76 times in a season. Not to mention his receiving ability. If he was healthy, Turner would have at least 70 less carries easily

FA

Charles Johnson

Michael Bush

Trades

Michael Turner + next years 2nd and 4th for Larry Fitzgerald and Arizona's 5th this year.

1st. Jon Baldwin- He really has a Lot of potential if he can be coached up and knocked around hard enough, We have the consensus best WR coach in the leauge with Terry Robiskie if he could fix Roddy why not let him fix Jon too.

2nd. Lance Kendricks TE- The 2nd best TE on the board, he really has a lot of potential if he could learn how to break more tackles in open space.

3rd. Mark Herzlich OLB- Before Cancer this guy would've likely been a top 5 Pick, he suffered 2 broken bones earlier and coming off cancer put up a rather impressive season for someone who had the plight that he did, If he return to form this we'll give us the best LB corp in the NFL.

4th. Curtis Marsh CB- at 6'0 201 LBs and runs a 4.43, this guy screams nickel back, but like Baldwin he needs to be coached up, if he can be this guy could make our CB corps one of the best in the NFL.

5th. Phil Taylor NT Baylor- Not sure he drops to here, but Arizona is picking very early this round so there's a slight possibility. He weights 355 LBs, this guy is a big body that we need.

5th. Derrick Locke RB- Ok you guys have really presuaded me that this guy is everything he's hyped up to be, if he can stay healthy he could have a great impact on our offense.

6th. Alex Wujiack MLB- Coy Wire is getting older, we really need to get Curtis a quality backup, Wujiack has good insticnts and put up great numbers at Maryland, he runs a 4.8 though, if he can find a way to get over that speed bump(no pun intended) He could really be a nice addition as a backup and STer.

7th. Charles Clay FB, at 6'3 240 Lbs running a 4.63 he's built like a LB, I haven't been able to find tape on him so I can't tell you if his hands are great or not but he should be a good pickup.

7th. Bryant Browning G- Will be nice depth at G, if we Lose Dahl.

7th. Eddie Jones DE- You can never have to many developmental pass rushers. He's been plauged by injuries since HS, however he on't probably see the field at all till his 4th year, assuming he makes the team.

I know you didn't like my first comment about the draft, but here's my .02 anyhow...

Love Baldwin over Young. Jenkins is decent but has what, 1, 2 years left? I think Baldwin has a great chance to be an upgrade over Jenkins in terms of creating matchup problems and getting separation, and with Jenkins still in the fold, he gets some time to develop.

I somewhat agree with Kendricks, but I'd like to get DJ Williams out of Arkansas who can be drafted in a later round. Either way, I think we're both on the same page with taking a good TE prospect to learn under Gonzo for a year. Regardless of who we take, being mentored by Gonzo should speed up their development greatly.

Herzlich - NO. Metal rod in the leg, health concerns...not be sour but what if the cancer comes back? I hate to say that but it has to be a concern. Great feel good story, but I hope we pass on him if we are looking at OLB. Personally, I would rather see 1 more year of Mike Peterson rotating in and out, with Nicholas-Lofton-Spoon being our starting 3. I really do think our LB corps is pretty solid, and we can draft OLB later or supplement through FA if we need depth there.

Not sure about Marsh, I have read a few different things about this year's pool of CB's, and they're almost as all over the place as the OT rankings. I could be wrong but it doesn't seem to be a very deep position in this year's draft, there's don't seem to be many CB's with good hips. A good amount of speedy guys, but CB's with hips and/or a good closing burst seem few and far between. That said you're not going to get a guy like that in the middle rounds anyhow unless a miracle happens, but I read a couple things that seemed to believe the kid from Utah and another from New Mexico State were decent value around the 4th. If Marsh runs a 4.43, then I have to concur because he should be able to keep up with speedy/elusive slot receivers.

Don't like the odds of Taylor being there, but we seem to have trouble collapsing the pocket with any kind of consistency. If he's there I agree, get 'im.

I like going after a FB and MLB for depth, even though I didn't put them in my mock. I even like a S prospect for depth (hope Moore stays healthy, but...) and/or to push our starters. Not sold on Shillinger and we need to have a better back up than Coleman.

Overall for the most part I agree other than Herzlich, and I think DJ can turn out to be just as good a pro TE as Kendricks, but I'm happy with either one. This is just me, but I'm sketchy about Baker's durability and while Clabo might be OK moving over and I like Valdez from what I have seen (I think he can fill in at RT nicely), I think a depth move at OT in the mid rounds would be a good move. Seems like DT tends to take OL in the middle rounds anyhow, so maybe we pick up Barksdale from LSU. Technically sound, durable, and plenty of experience against high-end competition given the conference he has played in. Lastly, I think we should address DE both via free agency and the draft. I think Edwards is our only realistic option via FA in terms of being able to actually get him, and I'd like us to take a DE prospect in the middle of the draft for depth. My hope is Brooks Reed from Arizona, but since DE's take time to develop, we should look into that now so they have a couple years to develop while we stil have Abraham.

Edited by Desert_Falcon

I will do it when I get to my laptop. I'm doing all this from my phone. Maybe it was his pro day because I remember how disappointed he was. But Jenks is a long strider anyway. Wish he would play like that sub 4.4. speed

Yeah. He's fast but not at all quick...takes time to build speed. I wish he played like a 4.4 type, or more importantly, used his body well. If he played like Plaxico Burress or Muhsin Muhammad, all we'd need would be a burner slot guy and we'd be there.

Just so you know I'm not making the stuff up...here's an article from Gil Brandt, where he mentions the 4.38. He's number 7. I've found several articles, but have trouble finding old combine results.

http://www0.nfl.packers.com/news/stories/2004/04/20/2/printable/?i=2004/04/20/2/

Yeah. He's fast but not at all quick...takes time to build speed. I wish he played like a 4.4 type, or more importantly, used his body well. If he played like Plaxico Burress or Muhsin Muhammad, all we'd need would be a burner slot guy and we'd be there.

Just so you know I'm not making the stuff up...here's an article from Gil Brandt, where he mentions the 4.38. He's number 7. I've found several articles, but have trouble finding old combine results.

http://www0.nfl.packers.com/news/stories/2004/04/20/2/printable/?i=2004/04/20/2/

Oh I believe you man. But that's why I would take a quick WR over just a speed receiver