New Falcons Mock

Zodiac

No...he is a possession WR.

He's just not a very good one because of the things you mentioned.

What else would you call him, then? A burner? I don't think so.

Larry Fitzgerald would be the "other tall guy" that you mentioned. It makes zero sense to have your top 4 WRs be relatively the same in terms of style of play.

If you're going to keep Jenkins and acquire Larry Fitzgerald, you need to get a speedy WR, not another big WR like Baldwin.

I don't call Jenkins either. I have many posts on here saying he's in no man's land as far as a receiver. You can't depend on him to get separation, and you can't depend on him to make catches in tight space. So, it's not accurate to call him either. As he ran a 4.39 and gets open deep, it makes as much sense to call him a burner as it does a possession guy.

Anyway, I'd likely take a guy like Brown, as I said in my mock...a guy who's more of a burner, but can become a 2 receiver...and isn't always going to be a slot player. My preference would be Roddy, Fitz (or other possession guy), antonio brown type, Jenkins/HD. That's a solid 5 lineup. Jenkins is just a 4th receiver. He doesn't have a specialty. Basically if you took a Titus Young type, Roddy's going to be running more short routes with Fitz. If you take a Baldwin type, Roddy's going to be going deep more. Since Roddy can be either kind of receiver, the other guys will determine his routes to some extent.

So, I agree with you to some extent (which is why I'd take a different guy), but if you took a big possession receiver, he and Fitz are possession, Roddy is speed, HD is quicks, and Jenkins is just random.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

FA

Charles Johnson

Michael Bush

Trades

Michael Turner + next years 2nd and 4th for Larry Fitzgerald and Arizona's 5th this year.

1st. Jon Baldwin- He really has a Lot of potential if he can be coached up and knocked around hard enough, We have the consensus best WR coach in the leauge with Terry Robiskie if he could fix Roddy why not let him fix Jon too.

2nd. Lance Kendricks TE- The 2nd best TE on the board, he really has a lot of potential if he could learn how to break more tackles in open space.

3rd. Mark Herzlich OLB- Before Cancer this guy would've likely been a top 5 Pick, he suffered 2 broken bones earlier and coming off cancer put up a rather impressive season for someone who had the plight that he did, If he return to form this we'll give us the best LB corp in the NFL.

4th. Curtis Marsh CB- at 6'0 201 LBs and runs a 4.43, this guy screams nickel back, but like Baldwin he needs to be coached up, if he can be this guy could make our CB corps one of the best in the NFL.

5th. Phil Taylor NT Baylor- Not sure he drops to here, but Arizona is picking very early this round so there's a slight possibility. He weights 355 LBs, this guy is a big body that we need.

5th. Derrick Locke RB- Ok you guys have really presuaded me that this guy is everything he's hyped up to be, if he can stay healthy he could have a great impact on our offense.

6th. Alex Wujiack MLB- Coy Wire is getting older, we really need to get Curtis a quality backup, Wujiack has good insticnts and put up great numbers at Maryland, he runs a 4.8 though, if he can find a way to get over that speed bump(no pun intended) He could really be a nice addition as a backup and STer.

7th. Charles Clay FB, at 6'3 240 Lbs running a 4.63 he's built like a LB, I haven't been able to find tape on him so I can't tell you if his hands are great or not but he should be a good pickup.

7th. Bryant Browning G- Will be nice depth at G, if we Lose Dahl.

7th. Eddie Jones DE- You can never have to many developmental pass rushers. He's been plauged by injuries since HS, however he on't probably see the field at all till his 4th year, assuming he makes the team.

So we acquire Larry Fitzgerald to have a receiving corps of Roddy White, Fitz, Jenks and Douglas but then we draft a WR in the first? Terrible.

So we acquire Larry Fitzgerald to have a receiving corps of Roddy White, Fitz, Jenks and Douglas but then we draft a WR in the first? Terrible.

Theres nothing esle that we need in the first, what I signed a Veteran DE? So draft one? Who than? JJ Watt? Allen Bailey, there the only 2 that will likely be avail to us, and they have both looked bad recently.

Adding Baldwin would solidify our WR Corps for good.

Theres nothing esle that we need in the first, what I signed a Veteran DE? So draft one? Who than? JJ Watt? Allen Bailey, there the only 2 that will likely be avail to us, and they have both looked bad recently.

Adding Baldwin would solidify our WR Corps for good.

You didn't address OT, we would no longer have a real number one running back, the CBs could be upgraded, the OLB could be upgraded. WR would be our second to last need (QB being the very last).

You didn't address OT, we would no longer have a real number one running back, the CBs could be upgraded, the OLB could be upgraded. WR would be our second to last need (QB being the very last).

The Only OT That will likely be avaiable is Nate Solder and he got beat like a drum today in the senior bowl.

Herzlich is the OLB Upgrade he looked like hes nearly back to form at the senior bowl.

Your crazy if you think WR is our 2nd to last need.

The Only OT That will likely be avaiable is Nate Solder and he got beat like a drum today in the senior bowl.

Herzlich is the OLB Upgrade he looked like hes nearly back to form at the senior bowl.

In this situation, it is. We would have one of the best WR tandems in history, and Jon Baldwin is a tall possession receiver that we would already have in Larry Fitzgerald. So he would be our 5th receiver behind Fitz, White, Jenks and Douglas (you can't just throw to all tall possession receivers, so Douglas would have to get some touches as the speedy playmaker). Getting any OT that is projected in the first round makes more sense than Baldwin at this point.

WR isn't a MAJOR need RIGHT NOW, but if you add one of the top three receivers in the game than you absolutely don't need one.

I think that Murray out of Oklahoma or Leshoure should be the pick here in this situation...

Looks back to form? Mark had a horrible week and game. He struggled in coverage and he looked lost. Lol I have no idea why you think Mark looks back to form

You don't trade the leagues best wide receiver for a rb, much less one with as many miles as Turner has on him. And them come back in round one with Baldwin? If we had hired Josh McDaniels as our OC, I could see this somewhat. We are not changing our offensive identity this year.

Edited by autigerfan

In this situation, it is. We would have one of the best WR tandems in history, and Jon Baldwin is a tall possession receiver that we would already have in Larry Fitzgerald. So he would be our 5th receiver behind Fitz, White, Jenks and Douglas (you can't just throw to all tall possession receivers, so Douglas would have to get some touches as the speedy playmaker). Getting any OT that is projected in the first round makes more sense than Baldwin at this point.

WR isn't a MAJOR need RIGHT NOW, but if you add one of the top three receivers in the game than you absolutely don't need one.

I think that Murray out of Oklahoma or Leshoure should be the pick here in this situation...

Jenks like someone esle said isn't really a Possesion guy ffs he ran a 4.39 and he doesnt use his body like a possesion reciever. Roddy is also pretty fast aswell, he's just the only one who uses his body a lot, you have to remember Roddy isnt that big he's only 6'0. Fitz and Baldwin though are true Possesion WRs.

Why everyone wants a speed WR. I dont know thats what HD is, he was here this year and most of the routes we were running didn't go past 15 yards, what makes people think that adding another speedy guys is going to change the scheme entirely?? at this point it would be better to get fitz and add Baldwin, because possesion guys are what fits our scheme, I mean we run a lot of comebacks, slants, outs, curls and other Short to intermediate routes. The thing is Baldwin and Fitzgerald fit our scheme.

Leshoure would be a nice pick indeed, he's also climbing the boards rapidly, NE reportdely wants a back if they can get Ingram, i'm guessing they'll move ahead of us and the Saints in the first and grab Leshoure.

Murray didnt look like what he's being cracked up to be at the senior bowl either.

Also why do you guys think if we get rid of Turner we should bring in a rookie rb? Michael Bush is almost a exact clone of Turner except he's younger and faster, I know you guys want these cool awesome exciting playmakers, but I take into account our scheme.

You don't trade the leagues best wide receiver for a rb, much less one with as many miles as Turner has on him. And them come back in round one with Baldwin? If we had hired Josh McDaniels as our OC, I could see this somewhat. We are not changing our offensive identity this year.

The thing is the Cardinals have no leverage, Fitzgerald can opt out of his contract once the new CBA is in place. They said they either wanted a few High picks or a QB, Michael Turner is about a 2nd round value, than we give up a 2012 2nd and a 2012 4th. YOu gotta remember Brandon Marshall went for 2 2nds last year, Santonio Holmes went for a 5th.

The Cards have 0 leverage in this situation.

He doesn't like titus. That's why he disses him so much.

No, I've just said he's been overhyped. Do I think he'll be a good player? Yes. Do I think he'll be Deasean Jackson 2.0? No. He runs in the 4.4s any ways Michael Jenkins and Harry D are both faster, I also think he dances to much and drops a few to many passes. I just don't like all the hype he's getting for 0 reason.

No, I've just said he's been overhyped. Do I think he'll be a good player? Yes. Do I think he'll be Deasean Jackson 2.0? No. He runs in the 4.4s any ways Michael Jenkins and Harry D are both faster, I also think he dances to much and drops a few to many passes. I just don't like all the hype he's getting for 0 reason.

LoL when you don't do your homework you end up failing the test because you didn't prepare. Titus runs a 4.35 40. And is working out with maurice greene, former world record holder in the 100, and thinks he can run a 4.2 at the combine. Jenkins ran a 4.6 at the combine and HD ran a 4.49. So as you can see a 4.35 is lower than a 4.6 and a 4.49. So those two players aren't faster so try again

LoL when you don't do your homework you end up failing the test because you didn't prepare. Titus runs a 4.35 40. And is working out with maurice greene, former world record holder in the 100, and thinks he can run a 4.2 at the combine. Jenkins ran a 4.6 at the combine and HD ran a 4.49. So as you can see a 4.35 is lower than a 4.6 and a 4.49. So those two players aren't faster so try again

.... Your Kidding right? HD is a bit slower than I thought cause I got a bad link at first but Young does not run a 4.32 Lol

Also got a bad link of Michael Jenkins 40, someone posted Mike Jenkins CB 40 times on several sites instead of Michael Jenkins.

Post your links

by the way you posted Young's Low 40

heres there real 40s

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=72604&draftyear=2011&genpos=WR

40 Low:4.32

40 High:4.54

40 Time:4.43

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospectrankings/TSX/2011_WR

he runs a 4.43

Edited by Zodiac

.... Your Kidding right? HD is a bit slower than I thought cause I got a bad link at first but Young does not run a 4.32 Lol

Also got a bad link of Michael Jenkins 40, someone posted Mike Jenkins CB 40 times on several sites instead of Michael Jenkins.

Post your links

by the way you posted Young's Low 40

heres there real 40s

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=72604&draftyear=2011&genpos=WR

40 Low:4.32

40 High:4.54

40 Time:4.43

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospectrankings/TSX/2011_WR

he runs a 4.43

Jenks is faster.

Micheal Jenkins ran a 4.6 at the combine. I can't be any clearer than that. And I got titus 4.35 from someone in Boise athletic department that uses twitter. Google is your best friend. He is faster and quicker than jenks. And I said Titus ran a 4.35. I never said anything about a 4.32

Micheal Jenkins ran a 4.6 at the combine. I can't be any clearer than that. And I got titus 4.35 from someone in Boise athletic department that uses twitter. Google is your best friend. He is faster and quicker than jenks. And I said Titus ran a 4.35. I never said anything about a 4.32

Yea, and I got a bad link on Jenins, I ussualy use CBSsports and the other site I mentioned but they dont list thier databases back to '04, For some reason I didn't realize I was getting results for Mike Jenkins the CB for Dallas.

Yes that's Titus' low 40 times, most likely measured by hand clock, aka unoffical, like how Mays ran a 4.24 last year at teh combine but his offical time was 4.41 when measured by the machines.

That's what's going on with Titus, we'll get better results at the combine but I HIGHLY doubt he runs an offical 4.3 at the combine he didnt look fast at all during the game.

Yea, and I got a bad link on Jenins, I ussualy use CBSsports and the other site I mentioned but they dont list thier databases back to '04, For some reason I didn't realize I was getting results for Mike Jenkins the CB for Dallas.

Yes that's Titus' low 40 times, most likely measured by hand clock, aka unoffical, like how Mays ran a 4.24 last year at teh combine but his offical time was 4.41 when measured by the machines.

That's what's going on with Titus, we'll get better results at the combine but I HIGHLY doubt he runs an offical 4.3 at the combine he didnt look fast at all during the game.

Mays ran that 4.24 on USC track and it was with a stop watch. This person said Titus was on a electronic watch. Desean ran a 4.35 at the combine and I fully expect Titus to run around the same

FA

Charles Johnson

Michael Bush

Trades

Michael Turner + next years 2nd and 4th for Larry Fitzgerald and Arizona's 5th this year.

1st. Jon Baldwin- He really has a Lot of potential if he can be coached up and knocked around hard enough, We have the consensus best WR coach in the leauge with Terry Robiskie if he could fix Roddy why not let him fix Jon too.

2nd. Lance Kendricks TE- The 2nd best TE on the board, he really has a lot of potential if he could learn how to break more tackles in open space.

3rd. Mark Herzlich OLB- Before Cancer this guy would've likely been a top 5 Pick, he suffered 2 broken bones earlier and coming off cancer put up a rather impressive season for someone who had the plight that he did, If he return to form this we'll give us the best LB corp in the NFL.

4th. Curtis Marsh CB- at 6'0 201 LBs and runs a 4.43, this guy screams nickel back, but like Baldwin he needs to be coached up, if he can be this guy could make our CB corps one of the best in the NFL.

5th. Phil Taylor NT Baylor- Not sure he drops to here, but Arizona is picking very early this round so there's a slight possibility. He weights 355 LBs, this guy is a big body that we need.

5th. Derrick Locke RB- Ok you guys have really presuaded me that this guy is everything he's hyped up to be, if he can stay healthy he could have a great impact on our offense.

6th. Alex Wujiack MLB- Coy Wire is getting older, we really need to get Curtis a quality backup, Wujiack has good insticnts and put up great numbers at Maryland, he runs a 4.8 though, if he can find a way to get over that speed bump(no pun intended) He could really be a nice addition as a backup and STer.

7th. Charles Clay FB, at 6'3 240 Lbs running a 4.63 he's built like a LB, I haven't been able to find tape on him so I can't tell you if his hands are great or not but he should be a good pickup.

7th. Bryant Browning G- Will be nice depth at G, if we Lose Dahl.

7th. Eddie Jones DE- You can never have to many developmental pass rushers. He's been plauged by injuries since HS, however he on't probably see the field at all till his 4th year, assuming he makes the team.

really lets get rid of turner and some good draft picks for fitzgerald and then pick another wr in the 1st. so we would have 2 top paid wr's plus a 1st round pay wr. what would that be around 32 million in the wide receiver position alone per year.

really lets get rid of turner and some good draft picks for fitzgerald and then pick another wr in the 1st. so we would have 2 top paid wr's plus a 1st round pay wr. what would that be around 32 million in the wide receiver position alone per year.

With the new CBA there's going ot be a Rookie Pay scale man, Im guess a 27th overall pick would be lik 15 Mil Total for Contract with that scale.

Besides onces Roddy Retires Fitz should still be able to do well, Baldwin should have started to hit his prime and we can draft another WR to lock iup again. All im saying is that if we draft Baldwin and trade for Fitz, we wont have to worry about WR for quite some time again.

With the new CBA there's going ot be a Rookie Pay scale man, Im guess a 27th overall pick would be lik 15 Mil Total for Contract with that scale.

Besides onces Roddy Retires Fitz should still be able to do well, Baldwin should have started to hit his prime and we can draft another WR to lock iup again. All im saying is that if we draft Baldwin and trade for Fitz, we wont have to worry about WR for quite some time again.

We would have to worry about our running game. It makes no sense to tie that much money into our receiving corps. Roddy is making about $9 million per year. Fitz will have to get at least $10 million. Jenkins is making around $5 million. That rookie will get let's say $3 million. $27 million a year just for our receivers. I don't think so. You have to remember we still have to sign Grimes and Charles Johnson from your offseason plans.

We would have to worry about our running game. It makes no sense to tie that much money into our receiving corps. Roddy is making about $9 million per year. Fitz will have to get at least $10 million. Jenkins is making around $5 million. That rookie will get let's say $3 million. $27 million a year just for our receivers. I don't think so. You have to remember we still have to sign Grimes and Charles Johnson from your offseason plans.

I also have us cutting ties with Jamaal Anderson, and we might cut ties with Jenks or include him in the trade if we do that

cutting ties with Turner will gives us more money to work with and Michael Bush would be cheaper, signing him keeping snelling and drafting locke??? are you saying that we would have to worry about the RB Position really? That would give us one of the youngest RB Corps. Not to mention Abe will probably retire after this year as he'll be 34 the year after this one and his contract is set to expire which means even more money to work with. Not to mention that one of our developmental DE's should have panned out by than, We only have like 3 on the roster. Also have us cutting ties with Chauncey Davis since hes not worth the money at all.

I think we'll give grimes a 6 Mil a year deal for 5 years for 30 Mil, thats about right on par With Tramon William's extension.

Michael Jenkins was expected to run a 4.6. When he ran, he ran a 4.38, and that was what vaulted him into the 1st round.

Wide Receiver

Avg Pos Rank Player School Ht Wt Speed Bench Vertical Leap

1 Larry Fitzgerald Pittsburgh 6'3" 221 4.47 20 35"

2.7 Mike Williams USC 6'5" 228 4.56 37"

2.8 Roy Williams Texas 6'2" 212

3.8 Reggie Williams Washington 6'4" 225 4.48 36"

5.7 Rashaun Woods Oklahoma State 6'2" 202 4.5

6.1 Lee Evans Wisconsin 5'10" 197 4.3

6.5 Michael Clayton LSU 6'2" 209 4.54

7.8 Michael Jenkins Ohio State 6'4" 218 4.38 34"

9.4 Devery Henderson LSU 5'11" 198 4.36 35.5"

10.5 Devard Darling Washington State 6'2" 212 4.51