What position do you want the Falcons to go for in the first round?

52 members have voted

1. 1. What position do you want at 27?

• OT
    • DE
    • RB
    • WR
    • OG
    • CB
    • OLB
    • Other.

I voted for OT. Other than reciever, I havn't really seen any 1st round picks for the other positions really shine in their first year. I've seen a lot of tackles though play at a reallllllly high level from their rookie year. Really all of the Oline positions.

I want a DE the most out of any position on our team, but it usually takes a lot of time before you really see much production from 1st RD DE's. There's always exception to the norm but I also see a lot of bust 1st round DE's in the league. I'm looking for TD to fill that need with proven DE talent.

DE by far. If the right guy falls to us I don't see how we pass them up.

Also, I'd like to know where all these "proven" DE's in FA are, because I sure don't see them. I see some guys that might be able to hold their own, but if we were taking someone like that, why wouldn't we keep Kroy and JA98? No FA will be a huge upgrade over either of those players.

And for those of you who keep screaming Charles Johnson, please come to your senses soon, because he's definitely not going to be touching Free Agency this season.

Also, I'd like to know where all these "proven" DE's in FA are, because I sure don't see them. I see some guys that might be able to hold their own, but if we were taking someone like that, why wouldn't we keep Kroy and JA98? No FA will be a huge upgrade over either of those players.

And for those of you who keep screaming Charles Johnson, please come to your senses soon, because he's definitely not going to be touching Free Agency this season.

From the 2010 draft.

Rookie DE's that make an instant difference are few and far between. I don't know who's out there on the free agent market, but there has to be some that are better than Biermann and Anderson. I for one am not really interested in Johnson. I'm not into one year wonders.

Mathias Kiwanuka, Charles Johnson, Ray Edwards, and Jason Babin are all upgrades over those two.

Mathias Kiwanuka, Charles Johnson, Ray Edwards, and Jason Babin are all upgrades over those two.

Kiwanuka and Edwards are probably going to be the only 2 that are actually going to hit the market. I really don't see them as being upgrades over what we have. A rookie DE may or may not contribute their first season, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't take the best one on the board if he falls to us. At some point, we're going to have to get away from that stigma.

Kiwanuka and Edwards are probably going to be the only 2 that are actually going to hit the market. I really don't see them as being upgrades over what we have. A rookie DE may or may not contribute their first season, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't take the best one on the board if he falls to us. At some point, we're going to have to get away from that stigma.

Those two actually scare me a bit. They'd both be coming from teams that have pretty good talent on the line. I'm not saying they wouldn't do well here, but are they really that good or a product of where they were?

Those two actually scare me a bit. They'd both be coming from teams that have pretty good talent on the line. I'm not saying they wouldn't do well here, but are they really that good or a product of where they were?

Kiwanuka could be risky as he is coming off a significant injury. I dont see what the fuss is over Edwards though, he has had very good production for a few years now. Its not like we have a rubbish D-line and he couldnt step in and produce... If he produced 6-7 sacks at LE he is an immediate upgrade for us. His run defense is pretty good too...

I suppose anyone they aren't sure would fall to #27, say that is still on the board at 20-25.

I thought you were talking top 10. The funny thing about all these mocks is they get thrown out the window after about #5. As I understood it TD was eyeing Pierre Paul or Derrick Morgan 4 rounds earlier but I think they were OK with getting Spoon. These guys were projected to go much earlier.

It's all about getting a deal done and there are multiple deals going on at the same time.