Top 10 RB in Falcons history

Over the last month or so, I have been doing a lot of research trying to get to know the Falcons past better since I wasn't around a lot of the time. I have compiled a top ten list for each position of the Falcons (and a lot of other teams) so I am going to be posting each position every few days or so. Note: Because I have not been around since the franchise's beginning, my research or thoughts of a player may be skewed so feel free to correct me.

I have a system of going about this. I first attach a 1-100 overall player rating to the player. Then I add points to their rating based on their career accomplishments. The point system works like this:

years as starter = 1 point. Superbowl win = 2 points. MVP of league= 3 points. Pro bowls = 1 point. HOF = 3 points

This rewards players who were long term starters for us over guys who maybe stayed here for about 3 years.

Speaking of 3 years, I have a rule where you cannot make the list if you did not start for the Falcons for at least three years (unless you played for a superbowl champion team in which we don't have right now).

If a player's overall number is 100+ it means I think they should be placed in the Falcons Ring of Honor.

Okay, and now time for the Half Backs.

1. Gerald Riggs (88) + 5 years + 3 pro bowls = 96

2. Jamal Anderson (91) + 4 years + 1 pro bowl= 96

3. Warrick Dunn (88) + 5 years + 3 pro bowls= 96

4. Michael Turner (90) + 3 years+ 2 pro bowls = 93

5. Lynn Cain: 76 + 3 years = 79

6. Haskel Stanback: 74 + 3 years = 77

7. Art Malone: 72 + 4 years = 76

Okay, there are not enough half backs who started at least three years for us (which is what I consider to be the requirement to be a true Falcon back) so this didn't manage to even create a top ten. We will run into this problem for several positions.

Top Falcon FBs of all time:

1. William Andrews (91) + 5 years + 4 pro bowls = 100

2. Dave Hampton: 88 + 4 years = 92

3. Ovie Mughelli (85) + 4 years + 1 pro bowl= 90

4. Bob Christian: (80) + 6: years = 86

5. Cannonball Butler: 81 + 3 years + 1 pro bowl = 85

6. Justin Griffith: (81) + 4: years = 85

What you think?

Edited by Captain Falcon