ATTENTION all fans need to listen THOUGHTS on the CBA

Guest atl.falcon4ever

Guest atl.falcon4ever

Its a tactical advantage a majority of the owners agreed too, when they saw the CBA agreement would soon expire, and possibly taking money out of the owners pockets. They will have a flood of talent across the year the agreement had to be renewed and made it work in there favor all at the same time. They are hoping the players cave in, because the big names that are free agents will be left out in the cold, instead of cashing in and since the best players are heard the loudest. They would force them to cave in to the owners advantage.

But even when they cash in the market will be so flooded with free agents that there value will be lower. Because you no such and such signed for this, so I can get the same caliber as you for less than that. And the owners ultimately will decide what the players are worth, lowering the risk of a bust with a lower wage scale from draft day across the board. If the players want more of the money. This is the plan the owners of the league are planning.

Look just about every team has one are two high caliber players they let there last year expire. Why do you think the free agent market looks as good as it does. The owners will show, they control the show, they are the owners and the players are there because the owner owns that players rights. And they will fully show there ownership until the players cave in to them.

So will that be a good thing or a bad thing. Well maybe which ever way it goes because, no matter what the out come, (us) the fans are the ones screwed. Because they all(players & owners) ultimately just agree to put it on the fans. The owners charge us ridiculous prices because of what players demand. If as there right as being an owner, and they could dictate the pay scale, as should every business owner. You either agree to work for those terms are do not work.

So what I am saying is it is all screwed up. But we the fans, are the ones who need them all to think of us the customer. Make it more enjoyable as a family event, a date, a guy are girls night out. Make it were the common American income would reflect what you are charging us by making sacrifices on both end. So we the customer can pay for your tickets, merchandise, and be able to buy our kids that souvenir without dropping a at least 200 if not 300 dollars to do so on a decent places to have a good view and enjoy the game. Not including if we decide to have one or more beverages for decent tickets for everyman to enjoy the sport with his buddies, gals, family are as a old fashion date.

I mean it is really out of hand what they are charging us the fans. Where do we really get a say and away to get the word out that we demand better prices on our end for supporting this whole thing and making it possible.

It really makes you wonder who really is getting screwed the most at the end of it all? The players, maybe the owners? Nope, guess who gets the azz end of the deal. We the (customer). Because ultimately they just keep raising prices to be able to all live lavishly while we, the common man break or back to be able to afford to idolize these people(players, team/owners) who should be idolizing us for supporting all there azz's.

And now this (bullspit) and going to take a season away from us fans who despite how much you rape our wallets remain loyal to you and pay these prices that make you the high profile lifestyle you all have. Its just a shame we never really have an organized voice yet were the biggest part of the show. The ones who really could call the shots.

I don't know guess I just went deep there but really in the end the common customer us control the whole thing. Maybe we should organize a real customer union of the rights of the customer and have some regulation on our game day experience.

After all we are the paying customer who makes it all go round. We deserve reasonable parking price, ticket prices. The price of a coke, beer, hot dog, you get my point. We understand we are in your establishment and you have to make a profit. But charging us 10 to 15 times more than the going rate of all these products for profits is really ridiculous.

All of them, the players, the owner, the venues the owners use, maybe should all take a pay cut, just like the rest of America has,before its too late, if its not already came to pass that the average American can really even afford to attend such events on a regular basis. It is ridiculous to make it un affordable to the average man. We are called the middle class. The ones who pay the extra from our overtime or a bonus we got to attend these events. It is getting out of hand on our end the customer as well, and we have no way of reaching out and having any say in all this.

Why do we not have and say and will we ever have a say?

As fans, we have the ultimate "say".

We can choose to pay the price for tickets, jerseys, beer, food, etc. We don't buy = no revenue = NFL does not exist.

We can choose to watch or not watch the games on TV. We don't watch = no ratings = no sponsors = no revenue = NFL does not exist.

We can choose to pay the price for tickets, jerseys, beer, food, etc. We don't buy = no revenue = NFL does not exist.

We can choose to watch or not watch the games on TV. We don't watch = no ratings = no sponsors = no revenue = NFL does not exist.

^^^This

Guest atl.falcon4ever

Its just you hear the sides battling it out on who will make more of the billion dollar business that we made it. No one ever thanks of us, and why should they. They might as well dictate us. We should strike if either of them strike to meet our demands. I mean we pay all the ridiculous prices and everyone that plays the sports is a millionaire for crying out loud. Some make in one season more than all us on the meesage board together will make our whole lives. We made them and can break them. I just do not see why we as fans, from all teams just like the players union and owners have a union or something as well.

Just how arrogant all of these people who make all there money off of us are kills me. We still pay the outrageous prices for the so called game day experience. ANd thats not good enough. Because in the end, if a season is lost, they are all on vacation for a year. And something that is a game that we are all passionate about and love these players and teams. Just shouldn't they give a dam about how we feel. What we want.

I mean they all want more money. Which in the end just = us the fans spending more money so they can all live a life we could only dream. How much money do these guys need to suck out of us the fans before enough is enough for all of us.

I love football with a passion, but if there is no season, despite all of our hard earned money we give them, just to watch them play this game. And not one time does anyone mention the fans. Sure we can not watch the game. But lets face it, it take more than one person to bring change. And everyone would be for the cause, but we are like drug addicts. If its there were gonna watch.

Every professional sport relies on the fans for there paycheck, yet we are the ones getting screwed.

How bad is it for these owners?

How bad is it for these players?

How is it for us the paying customer who make less than they spend on a shopping spree at the mall in a year. We are the only ones who have the right to complain. Yet they threaten the ones who line there pockets to not have a season because Jerry Jone, I love you but Arthur Blank, etc. need to make bigger profits. And the average player who makes all this money. Just eventually if we as the paying customers don't make a stand what will eventually happen.

It all is about greed and power. No one cares about us the fans. They all need to take pay cuts and make it less expensive for us to watch and cheer them on. To ride the bench in the N.F.L. and never see the field. These guys make more than some doctors or lawyers. We don't complain and keep paying.

Were do any of these arrogant rich millionaires have the right to threaten to take our football season away from us because the are not rich enough.

Sorry for even starting this post, just it really gets to me that they disrespect us the customer in such away without even thanking twice about it.

If they strike, I really thank I am done with it. As much as I love my team and enjoy football and all of you.

If you do not stand for something you will fall for anything.

And that is us the fans (customers) that do not take a stand, therefore we fall for all the b.s. and hope and pray they dont take our football season away and they all can come to an agreement and everyone but us is a little richer at the end of the day.

This is truly insane. And to be honest if they strike when football resumes I will no what it feel for a person with a drug addiction trying to come off a drug. Because it is really addictive, but I will take a stand and I hope all of you and your friends get the word out, that we all should take a stand and say enough is enough.

Guest atl.falcon4ever

Ultimately we must all choose this or at least threaten them with this. Or when will enough ever be enough? We need to some how get organized as the fans. How do we do this? I have no idea. But we should all get the message out, if there is a lockout, we are gonna stop watching until they give us a say or atleast hear us out and change how they do things, and make it more reasonable for us to enjoy the game as well.

Hit them were it hurts, were they are all most concerned about, there fat pockets.

They are doing it to us, and have always.

Maybe its time we did the same.

This is like a crackhead demanding a say in what goes on when the dealer and supplier are arguing over finances. Stop being a crackhead. There is your voice.

FWIW, they did this same song and dance a few years ago when the CBA was running out. It's just two sides doing a ton of posturing to get people like the OP all worked up. Each side wants the fans on their side, so they can try to force the other side's hand. The thing is none of it really matters. There is no way there will be a lockout. All sides have too much on the line to let that happen, and both sides are somewhat smart enough (and certainly greedy enough to see how other sports have shot themselves in the foot by allowing a work stoppage.

Guest atl.falcon4ever

This is like a crackhead demanding a say in what goes on when the dealer and supplier are arguing over finances. Stop being a crackhead. There is your voice.

FWIW, they did this same song and dance a few years ago when the CBA was running out. It's just two sides doing a ton of posturing to get people like the OP all worked up. Each side wants the fans on their side, so they can try to force the other side's hand. The thing is none of it really matters. There is no way there will be a lockout. All sides have too much on the line to let that happen, and both sides are somewhat smart enough (and certainly greedy enough to see how other sports have shot themselves in the foot by allowing a work stoppage.

Well I do no I uses to be a major Braves fan, baseball fan period. After the strike I never got back into it til this day like I used to. I loved the Braves as much as the Falcons. Just with baseball after that strike, whether it was going a season without it, learning to focus my attention on other thing, or what not, after the strike I have not been a big baseball fan since. I mean if they go to the playoff I will cheer the Braves on, but thats about it.

Sadly I guess that makes me a Braves bandwagon fan.

How are they all not content with the money they are making? Do they not realize how they live v/s the average American and how lucky they are. Its just a shame someone with all that fortune is so stingy that the millions or even billions being produced by this sport to line there pockets is not enough.

I could not imagine making that kind of money. Just irritates me that they do not consider us nor care about us the fans. Can you imagine making that kind of money and complaining?

We as American are happy if we have a job period, must less a raise in this economy and they have the balls to do this. It really feels like a punishment to me, thats my entertainment that I have invested my money in, for them to just demand more, especially at times like this in America, of all time or threaten to take my entertainment away.

Guest atl.falcon4ever

I just do not see any of them hurting.

What do the owners need more manions or maybe purchase a few more islands?

The players with houses in every city?

And with all the money they make, they are famous, so when they go to that restaurant on just an average day that you may take that special someone once a year because its pricy. They get everything comped for them by all these business's all day everyday.

To complain about that is just sickening, and almost someone you would call insane.

Fact is that the fans put a premium on being loyal fans and NOT as "family event, a date, a guy are girls night out". When fans are willing to spend top dollar to watch athletes in particular uniforms face another group with other uniforms, and they root for one team and have a need to be loyal, they want to vicariously be part of the team.

I root for the falcons. They are the only team in all of team sports that I do root for. But to be honest, I would not spend top dollar to go to a game and cheer on the team. I would rather do my rooting at home on my comfy sofa with all the benefits of multiple camera angles, a warm meal and the luxury of having my own bathroom without sharing it with 60,000 fans and buying cheap hot dogs, waiting in line, looking for somewhere to park ect ect.

When the team wins, they win. I win nothing. I am glad they win but ultimately know I do not share any of their fortunes if they do great. At best I can Identify with the team because of how their ups and downs relate to my life and how I root for the underdog, which with the falcons glorious past, have always wound up being.

This is probably why I was one of those who did not take to kindly to the Vick indecent, because for me there is more to life than football.

Some people are rapid fans, and evidently there are enough of them to warrant such a high demand for tickets, merchandise, cards etc etc. The players know this and so do the owners. The owners know they have the most popular sport in the states and they can charge whatever the fans are willing to pay. The players know that the owners are making out and want their piece of the pie.

Are they greedy and selfish. Yes. We all are to some degree. Right now they, the owners, are in a position to get what want because they can still make money off merchandise and video games sales etc . . . even if there is no next season.

The players lose leverage because their ability to make money depends on them being on the field. Those who have a guaranteed contracts, will not rock the boat because they are going to get paid even if they sit at home.

So in the end the fanatical fans screwed it up for themselves for creating a market that is so high in demand.

Supply and demand.

Perhaps they should not worry about getting tickets and having official jerseys, hats ect. . ., and watch a few more games at home. Maybe they won't be seen as totally loyal but they will have a few more bucks in their pocket and it will force the hand of the owners because the demand of nfl product will go down.

It all comes down to buying the product.

“Loyalty to any one sports team is pretty hard to justify. Because the players are always changing, the team can move to another city, you’re actually rooting for the clothes when you get right down to it. You know what I mean, you are standing and cheering and yelling for your clothes to beat the clothes from another city. Fans will be so in love with a player but if he goes to another team, they boo him. This is the same human being in a different shirt, they hate him now. Boo! Different shirt! Boo!” - Jerry Seinfeld, The Label Maker

Edited by Aria7

Its just you hear the sides battling it out on who will make more of the billion dollar business that we made it. No one ever thanks of us, and why should they. They might as well dictate us. We should strike if either of them strike to meet our demands. I mean we pay all the ridiculous prices and everyone that plays the sports is a millionaire for crying out loud. Some make in one season more than all us on the meesage board together will make our whole lives. We made them and can break them. I just do not see why we as fans, from all teams just like the players union and owners have a union or something as well.

Just how arrogant all of these people who make all there money off of us are kills me. We still pay the outrageous prices for the so called game day experience. ANd thats not good enough. Because in the end, if a season is lost, they are all on vacation for a year. And something that is a game that we are all passionate about and love these players and teams. Just shouldn't they give a dam about how we feel. What we want.

I mean they all want more money. Which in the end just = us the fans spending more money so they can all live a life we could only dream. How much money do these guys need to suck out of us the fans before enough is enough for all of us.

I love football with a passion, but if there is no season, despite all of our hard earned money we give them, just to watch them play this game. And not one time does anyone mention the fans. Sure we can not watch the game. But lets face it, it take more than one person to bring change. And everyone would be for the cause, but we are like drug addicts. If its there were gonna watch.

Every professional sport relies on the fans for there paycheck, yet we are the ones getting screwed.

How bad is it for these owners?

How bad is it for these players?

How is it for us the paying customer who make less than they spend on a shopping spree at the mall in a year. We are the only ones who have the right to complain. Yet they threaten the ones who line there pockets to not have a season because Jerry Jone, I love you but Arthur Blank, etc. need to make bigger profits. And the average player who makes all this money. Just eventually if we as the paying customers don't make a stand what will eventually happen.

It all is about greed and power. No one cares about us the fans. They all need to take pay cuts and make it less expensive for us to watch and cheer them on. To ride the bench in the N.F.L. and never see the field. These guys make more than some doctors or lawyers. We don't complain and keep paying.

Were do any of these arrogant rich millionaires have the right to threaten to take our football season away from us because the are not rich enough.

Sorry for even starting this post, just it really gets to me that they disrespect us the customer in such away without even thanking twice about it.

If they strike, I really thank I am done with it. As much as I love my team and enjoy football and all of you.

If you do not stand for something you will fall for anything.

And that is us the fans (customers) that do not take a stand, therefore we fall for all the b.s. and hope and pray they dont take our football season away and they all can come to an agreement and everyone but us is a little richer at the end of the day.

This is truly insane. And to be honest if they strike when football resumes I will no what it feel for a person with a drug addiction trying to come off a drug. Because it is really addictive, but I will take a stand and I hope all of you and your friends get the word out, that we all should take a stand and say enough is enough.

Maybe some should start petition for fan's rights. Then have everyone say we're not coming back if they have a lockout and send it to the networks.

Maybe some should start petition for fan's rights. Then have everyone say we're not coming back if they have a lockout and send it to the networks.

Your only right is either buying the product or not. You want the prices to go down than watch the games at home and don't be so eager to purchase merchandise either. The more you purchase the more it increases the demand and the more they can charge for the same product.

In other words, as far as your concerns of the CBA goes: You are your own worst enemy.

Its a tactical advantage a majority of the owners agreed too, when they saw the CBA agreement would soon expire, and possibly taking money out of the owners pockets. They will have a flood of talent across the year the agreement had to be renewed and made it work in there favor all at the same time. They are hoping the players cave in, because the big names that are free agents will be left out in the cold, instead of cashing in and since the best players are heard the loudest. They would force them to cave in to the owners advantage.

But even when they cash in the market will be so flooded with free agents that there value will be lower. Because you no such and such signed for this, so I can get the same caliber as you for less than that. And the owners ultimately will decide what the players are worth, lowering the risk of a bust with a lower wage scale from draft day across the board. If the players want more of the money. This is the plan the owners of the league are planning.

Look just about every team has one are two high caliber players they let there last year expire. Why do you think the free agent market looks as good as it does. The owners will show, they control the show, they are the owners and the players are there because the owner owns that players rights. And they will fully show there ownership until the players cave in to them.

So will that be a good thing or a bad thing. Well maybe which ever way it goes because, no matter what the out come, (us) the fans are the ones screwed. Because they all(players & owners) ultimately just agree to put it on the fans. The owners charge us ridiculous prices because of what players demand. If as there right as being an owner, and they could dictate the pay scale, as should every business owner. You either agree to work for those terms are do not work.

So what I am saying is it is all screwed up. But we the fans, are the ones who need them all to think of us the customer. Make it more enjoyable as a family event, a date, a guy are girls night out. Make it were the common American income would reflect what you are charging us by making sacrifices on both end. So we the customer can pay for your tickets, merchandise, and be able to buy our kids that souvenir without dropping a at least 200 if not 300 dollars to do so on a decent places to have a good view and enjoy the game. Not including if we decide to have one or more beverages for decent tickets for everyman to enjoy the sport with his buddies, gals, family are as a old fashion date.

I mean it is really out of hand what they are charging us the fans. Where do we really get a say and away to get the word out that we demand better prices on our end for supporting this whole thing and making it possible.

It really makes you wonder who really is getting screwed the most at the end of it all? The players, maybe the owners? Nope, guess who gets the azz end of the deal. We the (customer). Because ultimately they just keep raising prices to be able to all live lavishly while we, the common man break or back to be able to afford to idolize these people(players, team/owners) who should be idolizing us for supporting all there azz's.

And now this (bullspit) and going to take a season away from us fans who despite how much you rape our wallets remain loyal to you and pay these prices that make you the high profile lifestyle you all have. Its just a shame we never really have an organized voice yet were the biggest part of the show. The ones who really could call the shots.

I don't know guess I just went deep there but really in the end the common customer us control the whole thing. Maybe we should organize a real customer union of the rights of the customer and have some regulation on our game day experience.

After all we are the paying customer who makes it all go round. We deserve reasonable parking price, ticket prices. The price of a coke, beer, hot dog, you get my point. We understand we are in your establishment and you have to make a profit. But charging us 10 to 15 times more than the going rate of all these products for profits is really ridiculous.

All of them, the players, the owner, the venues the owners use, maybe should all take a pay cut, just like the rest of America has,before its too late, if its not already came to pass that the average American can really even afford to attend such events on a regular basis. It is ridiculous to make it un affordable to the average man. We are called the middle class. The ones who pay the extra from our overtime or a bonus we got to attend these events. It is getting out of hand on our end the customer as well, and we have no way of reaching out and having any say in all this.

Two Words: "FREE MARKET"!!!

Sadly, I don't know if the NFL can bounce back from a lockout. They're not just shatting on the cities that depend on the season for extra revenue, they're shatting on all of us fans also.

I, honestly, will not be too eager to buy a boatload of tickets in the future if a lockout(Afterward) does occur. It will feel like it's rewarding them for being greedy.

Seriously, we talk about it, but can you imagine a season without football? That's about 20 months without football. That's a long time thinking about that last game you guys had, and, for me, thinking about the horrible season my team had.