My Quick Dream Draft

I posted this in another thread on TATF, but I decide to post it here also, because I enjoy hearing from a few of you more knowledgeable fans who tend to just hang out on this board. I did this pretty quick, every pick is certainly reasonable, but I believe some would require a bit more luck than others, but in my opinion all of the rounds are pretty spot on. I'm not gonna' do FA, because I just think that's lame.

Regardless, let me know what you guys think. Also, remember this is my "dream" draft, so I tried to stay reasonable with it, but there are guys who I think are 2nd-3rd round projections and etc. and I have them going at the bottom of the 3rd. It's not impossible, but I think it will require a lot of luck.

1. Ryan Kerrigan, DE, Purdue

2. Torrey Smith, WR, Maryland

3. Mark Herzlich, LB, Boston College

4. D.J. Williams, TE, Arkansas

5. Sione Fua, DT, Stanford

6. Derrick Locke, HB, Kentucky

7. Will Hill, S, Florida

7. Courtney Smith, WR, South Alabama

7. Justin Boren, OG, Ohio State

So, now you guys can rip me apart. I know I enjoy doing it to some of you guys aswell. :P

I don't know much about your 7th round picks but 1-6 look awesome. To bad the chances is this happening are less than 1%.

Yeah, I think if we had a pick around 16th then there is a very good chance of all of this happening, but we have the 27th pick and a good deal of these guys are projected to go by the mid-round of where I have us taking them.

Still, it is my "dream draft" as of right now, without being too far-fetched by putting A.J. Green or Da'Quan Bowers. I think there's a decent shot that a few of these guys do actually fall a little bit and it will give us a shot at picking them up.

7. Will Hill, S, Florida

1-kerrigan -it would be great if he or cameron jordan fellto us. nobody can rip you or say wont be there because nobody really knows. the draft surprises EVERYONE every year. i dont think the bengals thought they would get carlos dunlap or geno atkins in rd's 2 and 4. it may not be likely but stanger things have happened on draft day.

2-smith -the guy really does remind me of roddy white and in rd 2 i would feel more comfortable with taking a chance on him. i dont like boom or bust prospects for the most part, but sometimes they do pan out. i'm very interested in seeing this guy catch the ball at the combine and hearing about his pro day. if he catches consistantly(albeit with his body) i would like him in rd 2.

3-mark herzlich -i liked him before his bout with cancer but he has always been a big guy which means lumbering. i like DL that are more quick than fast, but LB's need to be able to cover a lot of ground quickly in all directions and i dont think this guy can do it fast enough. i'm not interested in him.

4-dj williams -rd 4 is where he should go and at our pick he might even be a bargain, but he does some things i really dont like. the way he carries the ball is asking to be stripped. that CAN be corrected by coaching but why has it not been to this point? i'm wary of this guy. if better prospects at other positions were available as they surely should be, i'd rather go that route. he is getting accolades for running routes and catching the ball, but i dont know how well he is blocking.

5-sione fua -i had this guy in my earlier mocks and he has made some noise this week in practice. i still like him in rd 5. we dont need a DT, but if he is the BPA then why not?

6-derrick locke -i dont know what he has done this week but i like him in rd 6 based off college career. he is a guy that i have had in mind in rd 6 for a while. should be a couple good RB's in this slot.

7-will hill -i haven't looked at many safeties because we only carried 4 last year and all 4 are returning and productive. also if we do carry 5 i think rafael bush might have a better shot than a 7th rd pick. i would prefer a developmental OT like jah reid or chris hairston here. even better would be a TD OT prospect that nobody has heard of which ends up being better than any of the known names still available. trouble is, those small school guys ARE known to NFL teams so not at likely at OT as say S. even we know who villanova OT ben ijalana is.

7-courtney smith -he recieved more attention than a lot of other guys to garner an invite, but he has looked like a lesser talent compared to his counter parts. i would rather get a guy earlier in the draft that can help sooner. greg salas really made an impression on me, as i was reluctant to be swayed by his production because it's in hawaii. he does a lot of good things. i want a WR that can get separation off of quick cuts and he exhibited that as well as good hands to complete the play. if you dont catch it, it doesn't matter how open you were.

7-justin boren -seems like and john moffit have had a rough go of it this week, but i still like both, especially in rd 7. OL have disadvantage in one on one drills and perhaps interior OL especially. atleast OT's are used to blocking on an island.

I posted this in another thread on TATF, but I decide to post it here also, because I enjoy hearing from a few of you more knowledgeable fans who tend to just hang out on this board. I did this pretty quick, every pick is certainly reasonable, but I believe some would require a bit more luck than others, but in my opinion all of the rounds are pretty spot on. I'm not gonna' do FA, because I just think that's lame.

Regardless, let me know what you guys think. Also, remember this is my "dream" draft, so I tried to stay reasonable with it, but there are guys who I think are 2nd-3rd round projections and etc. and I have them going at the bottom of the 3rd. It's not impossible, but I think it will require a lot of luck.

7. Will Hill, S, Florida

So, now you guys can rip me apart. I know I enjoy doing it to some of you guys aswell. :P

I'm not sure Kerrigan will be available, but if so i'd be very happy with the pick. I like the way you went balanced. Fua (DT) is interesting because at first glance, one might think no way we get another DT. But i like the thought process of getting a true runstopper in here. That we really lack. Good job. BTW Herzlich could be the steal of the draft if recovered.

I'm not sure Kerrigan will be available, but if so i'd be very happy with the pick. I like the way you went balanced. Fua (DT) is interesting because at first glance, one might think no way we get another DT. But i like the thought process of getting a true runstopper in here. That we really lack. Good job. BTW Herzlich could be the steal of the draft if recovered.

Yeah, I'm not sure if Kerrigan will be available either, but I based a lot of these pics on what "draftniks" have rated them and also I've compiled a few mocks to further help me get an assessment. I have seen all of these guys available at our picks in the rounds that I selected them in atleast 1 mock draft, so people are working out some scenarios, lol.

Regardless, Sione Fua and Mark Herzlich are 2 of my favorite picks in this "dream draft". I think Fua can become that true NT that a lot of people are begging for and he'll give us some versatility with our defense. Also, he's around the "size" that we look for in DT's. 6'3 309, I believe, so if you take of 10 lbs. he'd be a perfect fit for TD's size chart. I also completely agree about Mark Herzlich. If we don't jump on him, I'm going to be very upset, unless someone jumped the gun on him and took him early in the 2nd round or something. I think Herzlich was top 15 material before the cancer and he appears to be getting back to form.