Post Your 2011 Atlanta Falcons Mock Draft Here OFFICIAL THREAD

TheRidder

I only did the first 4 rounds for now

1st Round

Cam Heyward DE OHIO ST

First of all we draft heyward who will come in and instantly be at least a 5-10 sack player as a rookie.

2nd Round

Leonard Hankerson WR Miami FL

Having a huge senior bowl and has good size 6-3 205 and has been clocked at a 4.45 forty which is decent #2 reciever speed.

3rd Round

Jaquizz Rodgers RB/WR Oregon ST

Great speed and great hands out of the backfield and could be used as a 4th reciever or in the slot once in a while as well as a 3rd down/change of pace back.

4th Round

Casey Matthews LB Oregon

Would be the steal of the draft if he falls this far. The family name speaks for itself, but he was Oregon's leading tackler and hands down knows how to play football i think he fits our scheme perfect replacement for peterson after a year.

What do you all think?

It's not bad if you take Cameron Heyward out of it.

My dream draft, meaning all of these picks fall to us, which is possibly, though not likely would be:

1. Ryan Kerrigan, DE, Purdue

2. Torrey Smith, WR, Maryland

3. Mark Herzlich, LB, Boston College

4. D.J. Williams, TE, Arkansas

5. Sione Fua, DT, Stanford

6. Derrick Locke, HB, Kentucky

7. Will Hill, S, Florida

7. Courtney Smith, WR, South Alabama

7. Justin Boren, OG, Ohio State

This is being very generous, draft position wise, but I don't think it's impossible for this scenario to work out. It would require a lot of luck.

My dream draft, meaning all of these picks fall to us, which is possibly, though not likely would be:

7. Will Hill, S, Florida

This is being very generous, draft position wise, but I don't think it's impossible for this scenario to work out. It would require a lot of luck.

haha, i don't see this happening but that would be an incredible draft IMO

7. Will Hill, S, Florida

DJ Williams would be a really really nice pick in the 4th round.

I only did the first 4 rounds for now

1st Round

Cam Heyward DE OHIO ST

First of all we draft heyward who will come in and instantly be at least a 5-10 sack player as a rookie.

2nd Round

Leonard Hankerson WR Miami FL

Having a huge senior bowl and has good size 6-3 205 and has been clocked at a 4.45 forty which is decent #2 reciever speed.

3rd Round

Jaquizz Rodgers RB/WR Oregon ST

Great speed and great hands out of the backfield and could be used as a 4th reciever or in the slot once in a while as well as a 3rd down/change of pace back.

4th Round

Casey Matthews LB Oregon

Would be the steal of the draft if he falls this far. The family name speaks for itself, but he was Oregon's leading tackler and hands down knows how to play football i think he fits our scheme perfect replacement for peterson after a year.

Sounds perfect

What do you all think?

Free agency: I don't think much will change, but I think DT goes after Ray Edwards. I don't think we will address WR through free agency, Sidney Rice makes sense but will probably get tagged, and Breaston is recuperating from a knee, and we already have 2 other WR's trying to come back from knee injuries. A solid DE prospect won't be available to us at our pick anyhow, so that move makes the most sense to me. I think we retain our OL and let Dahl fight it out with our younger guys (assuming he doesnt ask for too much $$$), rather than just assuming one or the both of them will work out. If it looks like Johnson for example is going to pass up Dahl, we can always trade him for a low draft pick. I think both Valdez and Johnson will be important pieces of our OL this year.

1) Jonathan Baldwin, WR, Pitt: big guy, good hands, fairly good at breaking tackles. While I also like Young, I think he will be off the board before #27. There are some comparisons with Young to DeSean Jackson, and while I like his game-breaking ability and speed, I just don't think he'll be there. I think we'd have to trade our 3rd and 1st to somebody to get around that 18-20 spot to get him, if he lasts that long. This guy will wreak havoc if he gets a lot of 1 on 1 matchups, and if he doesn't, that means Roddy and/or Gonzo have 1 on 1 coverage, and I think we all know that's pretty much a given 1st down.

***2nd pick traded for mid 3rd and 4th round pick

3) Joseph Barksdale, OT, LSU: longest arms of the OT prospects, very durable, technically sound. while OT isn't our biggest need, I don't trust Baker's ability to stay healthy and while I like Valdez, we have to look at the fact that Clabo is approaching 30 and depth at OT never hurt anybody.

3) Jacquizz Rodgers, RB, Oregon State: electric player, above average hands out of the backfield, great open field agility and awareness. at 5'7" and ~190 pounds, a bit undersized, but he won't be our workhorse back. that said, it won't be easy for opposing defenses to game plan against him because he ran VERY well between the tackles. so just defending swing passes and draws won't work (in theory).

4) Brooks Reed, DE, Arizona: hard working, high-motor type guy, and a smart player. Only about 260 pounds, but Smitty & Co. shouldn't have trouble putting another 10-15 lbs on him. DT seems to like these types of guys.

4)DJ Williams, TE, Arkansas: good speed and athleticism, durable, high-character guy. won't be an elite blocker, but should be decent and will be a good passing weapon for Ryan. Once Gonzo mentors him, particularly about finding holes in zones and how to work the red zone, this guy I think will be a very important player.

5) Davon House, CB, New Mexico State: fast, athletic, 6' tall so not too smallish. not excellent hips or closing burst, but you won't get a guy like that unless you take one in the top two rounds.

Not much point going further, but with our last 3 picks I expect a CB, OG, and another WR or RB.

Edited by Desert_Falcon

FA:

Ray Edwards

Richard Marshall

Trade our 1st for a 2nd and 3rd

Trade 6th round pick 2 7th rounders for an early 5th

IMO the TE position can wait till next year since Gonzo is coming back, and Palmer looks promising

TE's to watch: Orson Charles

2nd:Torrey Smith-WR

2nd:Quan Sturdivant-OLB

3rd:Jacquizz Rogers-RB

3rd:Greg Romeus-RE/LE

4th:Casey Mathews-ILB/OLB

5th:Sione Fua-DT

5th:Nate Williams-SS

We get a field stretcher in Smith who's game reminds me alot of a faster roddyTorrey Smith

With Peterson getting old, and average depth at LB QuanQuan and

make us very promising

would get a chance to get fully healthy and learn under Abe and Edwards

We get a very good change of pace back in

that could do more if needed. very underrated IMO

Fua and Williams would bring good depth and competition at their positions