Titus Young is the real deal.

FlyHighFalcons

It will come much easier as time passes on and workouts are done, but I just can't put my finger on two or three guys that I think would be the right pick in the first round this year. WR, DE, CB, TE, OT, OLB and RB are all areas that could be upgraded, but I don't think that TE, RB, OLB or OT is a spot we should focus on in the first round (OT could be had in the first round, but I don't think you'll find a good LT as late as 27).

So what about what's left? There is WR, CB and DE. Defensive ends nearly never pan out in the first year of their career, and we need impact NOW guys. CB Brandon Harris is the only CB out of the top two that deserves a first rounder.

That leaves WR. What about Titus Young? This guy is tearing it up in the senior bowl, is a very speedy guy, makes plays everytime he touches the ball, if the ball hits his hands he catches it, he can play the slot, he can play opposite Roddy. He is the whole package and the real deal. I'm starting to feel like he may be who I want this year, but I can't say right now that he won't get drafted ahead of us now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPM5ttLp_Qg

I like Titus Young, he's got a chance at sneaking into the 1st round and it's possible it could be at pick #27.

However, his small frame still leaves me questionable. Just because DeSean Jackson can do it, doesn't mean others can. DeSean Jackson is just a very exceptional player, so a player like Titus Young would scare me when he gets hit by the bigger boys.

I like Titus Young, he's got a chance at sneaking into the 1st round and it's possible it could be at pick #27.

However, his small frame still leaves me questionable. Just because DeSean Jackson can do it, doesn't mean others can. DeSean Jackson is just a very exceptional player, so a player like Titus Young would scare me when he gets hit by the bigger boys.

He wouldn't have a jack-*** throwing him the ball and leading him into defenders though like DeSean. lol.

A lot of Desean Jackson talk, so I'll do a quick comparison:

Titus Young: 5-11, 175. 204 receptions, 3,063 yards, 25 TDs in four years at Boise State. (Lost sophomore year to injury after 10 catches). Is expected to run in the mid 4.3s to low 4.4s.

Desean Jackson: 5-10, 175. 162 receptions, 2,423 yards, 22 TDs in three years at college. Ran a 4.35 official 40-yard dash.

Very similar players coming out of college. Both basically played three years of college, very similar size, similar stats, similar speed.

So it Titus Young the next Desean Jackson?

If his stock doesn't skyrocket, I think he should actually end up being an early second rounder, so we could trade down and still end up with him.

A lot of Desean Jackson talk, so I'll do a quick comparison:

Titus Young: 5-11, 175. 204 receptions, 3,063 yards, 25 TDs in four years at Boise State. (Lost sophomore year to injury after 10 catches). Is expected to run in the mid 4.3s to low 4.4s.

Desean Jackson: 5-10, 175. 162 receptions, 2,423 yards, 22 TDs in three years at college. Ran a 4.35 official 40-yard dash.

Very similar players coming out of college. Both basically played three years of college, very similar size, similar stats, similar speed.

So it Titus Young the next Desean Jackson?

If his stock doesn't skyrocket, I think he should actually end up being an early second rounder, so we could trade down and still end up with him.

From watching that video he has a good burst and great agility steps and changes direction without losing any speed to me he looks like a mid 4.4 type guy for the 40.He seems to have the intial burst and good mid range but not burner top end speed like a Chris Johnson or Jacoby Ford.

From watching that video he has a good burst and great agility steps and changes direction without losing any speed to me he looks like a mid 4.4 type guy for the 40.He seems to have the intial burst and good mid range but not burner top end speed like a Chris Johnson or Jacoby Ford.

Young is crazy fast. He runs a 4.35 40 and is confident he can get that into the 4.2s when he runs at the combine. He is training with former 100 meter record holder maurice green

I seriously doubt that:

1. His stock has already skyrocketed. :P He's having a great Senior Bowl week and the comparisons to DeSean Jackson are only adding fuel to that fire.

2. There are only two receivers rated above him on most boards: A.J. Green and Julio Jones. In a weak receiver class, and with so many teams needing receivers, I think Young will probably go much earlier than #27.

3. There's no way DeSean Jackson would have lasted until the 2nd round if teams knew he'd be as good as he's been. Hindsight is 20/20!

I can't tell if he played awful, or if it was his QB's fault. Locker was throwing that little guy some crazy passes, but DeMarcus Van Dyke was also covering him quite well.

I hope he's not one of those guys that showed up in team drills and couldn't translate it on the field against other top players.

I did notice that he had the tendency to dance around a lot.

Edited by Master Exploder

i watched the Senior Bowl and he didn't do anything mind blowing but the QBs throwing him the ball didn't play there best game so i am not sure if we should get him yet

Who was the QB? Seems to me most every QB looked mediocre at best, except for Ponder, who wouldn't really be able to use Young's speed. Think of DeSean Jackson when Kevin Kolb was QB.

i watched the Senior Bowl and he didn't do anything mind blowing but the QBs throwing him the ball didn't play there best game so i am not sure if we should get him yet

Really? The QBs he had were all ******, and just because it wasn't a great game doesn't mean people should be unsure about him. He can't do anything if he doesn't have the ball.

Really? The QBs he had were all ******, and just because it wasn't a great game doesn't mean people should be unsure about him. He can't do anything if he doesn't have the ball.

dont be so sure. he had a chance to jump higher than any human ever has to catch a jake locker pass and he just couldn't do it. he is not as phenominal as some would suggest.