Favorite Offense?

Atl Talon

48 members have voted

1. 1. Which offense do you like ?

I voted Run & Gun, but only because it seems a bit more entertaining to watch, at least to me. A winning offense is everyone's favorite though, don't matter what kind it is just as long as it's winning.

IMO, balanced will probably win the poll, but I guess it's only as balanced as the defense allows it to be so in a way there is no such thing as balanced, you either can do what you want and give the run and pass a chance, or one or the other will win out or they will both fail.

Oh a side note, you left out "Dink & Dunk" offense as a choice. :lol:

Oh well, just my opinion.

The highest scoring offenses for the Falcons have all been offenses that run the ball effectively. The Falcons ran a version of that "run and gun" for 7 years and never scored more than 362 points in a season. They have scored more than that all 3 years since Mularkey has been the coordinator, and this year scored 414.

So...the offense might be boring, and it can definitely use some more playmaking talent, but it's been doing alright.

i voted run heavy because i love to run the ball and set the tempo BUT try to run from not so obvious running formations like 3 wr 2rb or 3 wr 1rb 1te, and mix it up with play action and some trickery from time to time like reverses with hd or weems to keep the defense guessing, for me the key is not the kind of offense we run its more the kind of plays we call with the formations we run, for example, with the 22 package we ONLY run the ball, we never run play action passes, well only against cle and cin we ran pa and we scored 40yds TDs, so the KEY for any offense its to be unpredictable with the formations you put on the field, even if its a shotgun or a big package.

I think that you need a balanced offense, in the sense of having an offense that can do both effectively. However, that doesn't necessarily mean that you have to play with balance every game. The NFL is such an offensive game these days, that there are times when your play calling is going to have to be pass heavy, and you need to be able to function as an offense that way.

If I was OC, I'd try to meld a big OL and power running game, with a passign game that could strecth the field - along the lines of the 90's cowboys. I'd also built in a small package of carefully designbed single and double wing plays run behind 7 big OL, and a handful of even some option based plays. Teams would have fits trying to prepare for the sub-packages...