CB Jalil Brown

hawkeye

Though Colorado Buffaloes cornerback Jimmy Smith draws most of the attention over his teammates, fellow cornerback Jalil Brown could see his draft stock rise over the next two months. According to Great Blue North Draft Report, Brown has turned some heads: "Played in the shadow of fellow corner Jimmy Smith at Colorado but had a coming out party of his own in Mobile where he was very physical in press coverage and quick and instinctive coming out of his backpeddle."

Brown is a 6-foot-1, 205-pound cornerback who finished his four-year career with the Buffaloes 167 tackles, 21 passes deflected and six interceptions.

http://denver.sbnation.com/denver-broncos/2011/1/28/1961195/2011-senior-bowl-jalil-brown-nate-solder-colorad-buffaloes

I doubt he makes it to our 3rd round pick but if we address DE in free agency and have taken a WR and TE/RB with our first two picks I am all for moving up to snag this kid. He is a good corner and can eventually take over for a main spot down the road.

Though Colorado Buffaloes cornerback Jimmy Smith draws most of the attention over his teammates, fellow cornerback Jalil Brown could see his draft stock rise over the next two months. According to Great Blue North Draft Report, Brown has turned some heads: "Played in the shadow of fellow corner Jimmy Smith at Colorado but had a coming out party of his own in Mobile where he was very physical in press coverage and quick and instinctive coming out of his backpeddle."

Brown is a 6-foot-1, 205-pound cornerback who finished his four-year career with the Buffaloes 167 tackles, 21 passes deflected and six interceptions.

http://denver.sbnation.com/denver-broncos/2011/1/28/1961195/2011-senior-bowl-jalil-brown-nate-solder-colorad-buffaloes

to all those who bashed me when i mocked him, in your face......yet again.

Come Peter. You know your mocks are the worst. You are bound to get some players right if you mock everyone of them in one at some point. Sam Acho was you biggest blunder so far so you have little room to speak about knowing talent. You have done more mocks than anybody on here and have included every player imaginable. If you didn't think some could come to the Falcons, then you would have serious mental issues.

So in closing, I am proud of you for getting one right. Let's aim to make that two!

your mocks always look kinda bad...lol...

But yea... That doesnt take away that the guy gets beat.. i mean he did in college... I do think he can be a really good NB tho.. He fits our zone scheme.

your mocks always look kinda bad...lol...

But yea... That doesnt take away that the guy gets beat.. i mean he did in college... I do think he can be a really good NB tho.. He fits our zone scheme.

my mocks have had

LB-mason foster got love this week so now you guys can like him too.

WR-ronald johnson

DE-cameron jordan

RB-bilal powell

CB-jalil brown

CB-johnny patrick

OT-lee ziemba-didn't love him or even like him innitially and should have stuck with gut.

TE-kyle rudolph

DE-sam acho-dropped well before all star games due to inability vs run. he is a great character guy and i still think he will be a good NFL player. i just think he will be a sitiational pass rusher.

of all the guys i liked in the first 4 rds only two have NOT been talked up by the NFL network guy's. if you cling to one guy that i dropped before matt mayock told me to then you are a sad little man. how many guys here liked titus young before this week? yeah thats what i thought. as i said before for the last two months, i know good players. my mocks are easily the best on the MB's. we need to pin a thread where everyone can name the prospect they like from each position. when i dust your raggedy behinds in a single thread for every one to see you can sit silently with your shame, something you are too ignorant to do right now.

EDIT

also mocked

QB-ricky stanzi

DE-ricky elmore

CB-brandon hogan

in first four rds. hogan would have done well if healthy. stanzi dropped to rd 7 for me after practices and elmore is off my list. bottom line, i hit on a lot of guys before this time of year which is when you really get to see them showcased. it is not unlikely for guys to fall in or out of favor after SR bowl week and the combine. that is when most prospects make their move up or down draft boards.

atljbo when you actually strike up the nerve to make a mock draft, i'd love to see it. you are very good at posting threads of other peoples/publications opinions of prospects but seem to lack the brass to voice any opinions of your own. it doesn't matter if me, you, or anybody else likes a guy that is a bust, especially now. the guys making the picks have until april 26th to get it right so i dont care if i mocked a guy two months ago that i have since soured on.

Edited by millenium falcon

Jalil Brown ...DB ...Colorado ...6002 ..202... 31 10

Monday Practice Notes: Had his moments but for the most part non-descript.

Tuesday Practice Notes: Struggled most of the day. Was beaten badly several times by Vincent Brown, at one time being physically defeated by the SDSU wide out.

Wednesday Practice Notes: Cannot win out in battles, which is surprising considering his size. Offers a lot of skill yet looks like nothing more than a dime back.

Analysis: Some told us they felt Brown had a good week of practice yet we always saw him getting beat. More than likely a nickel at the next level.

Thats the problem i have with him.... everytime i seem him play... he was burnt atleast twice... I dont think he has the speed to play on the island (maybe in a cover 2) ... He is a NB to me

my mocks have had

LB-mason foster got love this week so now you guys can like him too.

WR-ronald johnson

DE-cameron jordan

RB-bilal powell

CB-jalil brown

CB-johnny patrick

OT-lee ziemba-didn't love him or even like him innitially and should have stuck with gut.

TE-kyle rudolph

DE-sam acho-dropped well before all star games due to inability vs run. he is a great character guy and i still think he will be a good NFL player. i just think he will be a sitiational pass rusher.

of all the guys i liked in the first 4 rds only two have NOT been talked up by the NFL network guy's. if you cling to one guy that i dropped before matt mayock told me to then you are a sad little man. how many guys here liked titus young before this week? yeah thats what i thought. as i said before for the last two months, i know good players. my mocks are easily the best on the MB's. we need to pin a thread where everyone can name the prospect they like from each position. when i dust your raggedy behinds in a single thread for every one to see you can sit silently with your shame, something you are too ignorant to do right now.

EDIT

also mocked

QB-ricky stanzi

DE-ricky elmore

CB-brandon hogan

in first four rds. hogan would have done well if healthy. stanzi dropped to rd 7 for me after practices and elmore is off my list. bottom line, i hit on a lot of guys before this time of year which is when you really get to see them showcased. it is not unlikely for guys to fall in or out of favor after SR bowl week and the combine. that is when most prospects make their move up or down draft boards.

atljbo when you actually strike up the nerve to make a mock draft, i'd love to see it. you are very good at posting threads of other peoples/publications opinions of prospects but seem to lack the brass to voice any opinions of your own. it doesn't matter if me, you, or anybody else likes a guy that is a bust, especially now. the guys making the picks have until april 26th to get it right so i dont care if i mocked a guy two months ago that i have since soured on.

I don't have issues with most of the players you picked, apart from your early love fest with picking Stanzi in the 3rd.

I like Acho (I had him in one of my mocks as a 2nd round pick), and I'm a big fan of Mason Foster, but I wouldn't pick either in the 1st. They are both 2nd round picks to me.

Your mocks seem a lot better recently though, so props there.