Falcons expected to keep RB corps intact

atljbo

Falcons expected to keep RB corps intact

Posted Jan. 28, 2011 @ 12:26 p.m. ET

By Dan Parr

We hear the Falcons would be content to head into next season with the same group of running backs that helped them finish 12th in the league in rushing in 2010. Two of RB Michael Turner's top backups — Jerious Norwood and Jason Snelling — each signed one-year contracts last offseason and their deals are due to expire in March. It's not yet clear if they will be unrestricted or restricted free agents — we won't have a definite answer on that until there is a new Collective Bargaining Agreement. We're told Atlanta is interested in giving Norwood, who played in only 12 games over the past two seasons because of injuries, another chance. He could be relatively cheap to re-sign because of his injury history. Snelling has emerged over the past two seasons with Norwood ailing and could draw interest from other teams if he's a UFA. Backups Gartrell Johnson and Antone Smith combined for 11 carries last season and both could be back.

I think us bringing Norwood back would be one of the smartest moves.... Signing the guy to a 2 year contract at a cheap price for his ability is worth it without a doubt... I also believe we will bring back Snelling...

I think we will also bring up in a RB in the 4th round (a speedy RB) .... Last year we carried 5 RB's/FB's on the roster this year...