Jason LaCanfora reports MM could be candidtae for Titans

Dork La Canfora on NFLN says he feels the most likely candidates for the Titans job are:

Mike Murlarky, OC, ATL

Perry Fewell, DC, NYG

Gregg Williams, DC, NO

Mike Munchack, OLC, TEN

He also said it looks like Bud Adams will not pay a lot for a HC, so he may be bargain shopping. :blink:

It will be interesting to see what happens. They seem to think that Munchak and Williams are the most likely candidates.

Interesting. I'm not real excited about those prospects if I am a Titans fan.

yeah, that is Bud Adams own fault tho. When there is a good coaching pool out there and you say you are committed to Fischer only to fire him 3 weeks later.....you get what you deserve.

It sounds like he isnt willing to spend for top talent anyways.

IMO, them hiring Gregg Williams is the best outcome for us!

Keep in mind that Bud Adams desperately wants to see some offensive production. He knows that offense sells tickets. He also knows that his defense is pretty solid, especially if he can coax Haynesworth back into the fold.

I don't know what the Titans' needs are, but I am guessing that they might draft a QB early in this draft. So, it stands to reason that Adams will favor hiring an offensive-minded HC. Of the names mentioned, Mularkey is probably the best candidate. He already has HC experience. Mularkey has also started a rookie QB and succeeded.

I happen to like Mularkey. I hope he stays, but I think that he is a serious candidate for the Titans.

rumor is he isnt looking to pay top dollar for a coach, especially w a lockout looming.

also, does this keep VY in TEN? If so does that make an offensive coach more desirable?

there are still so many factors.

From what I've been reading, there's no way they're bringing Vince Young back into the fold. It sounds like they'll be in the market for a new head coach AND a new quarterback this offseason. Ouch.

From what I've been reading, there's no way they're bringing Vince Young back into the fold. It sounds like they'll be in the market for a new head coach AND a new quarterback this offseason. Ouch.

That's what I'm hearing too. Most of my family live in Nashville, and that's what they say.

If that is the case, I think Mularkey might be the guy. They are in a similar situation as we were. Mularkey's experience here might be the clincher.

That said, I wouldn't rely too much on that idiot JLC's reporting.

One in the same.

Personally, I would like to see Mularky get another shot at being a head coach. While his offense became bland and stagnant, when given the reigns of a team, he could put some butts in the seats in Tennesee

oh yeah, lol. i was writing it as it was reporting, so thats how it came out, haha.

Dork La Canfora on NFLN says he feels the most likely candidates for the Titans job are:

Mike Murlarky, OC, ATL

Perry Fewell, DC, NYG

Gregg Williams, DC, NO

Mike Munchack, OLC, TEN

a Rooney Rule candidate.

He also said it looks like Bud Adams will not pay a lot for a HC, so he may be bargain shopping. :blink:

It will be interesting to see what happens. They seem to think that Munchak and Williams are the most likely candidates.

Uh, Perry Fewell is a Rooney Rule candidate.