With the 27th pick Atlanta selects....

Smitty47

I'm always ready to see what the next season will look like. I've seen Kiper saying Torrey Smith WR out of Maryland but I don't see that happening. I have always thought of Kiper as being as dumb as his hairdo so just wondering what others may be thinking are next projected pick will be. Plus I need some player ideas to look at on youtube to see what they may bring to the team lol.

Oh and I did see a post about Aldon Smith DE from Missouri. I could see that possibly since we have strong ties with drafting Missouri D players. ie Spoon and Moore.

Edited by Smitty47

I'm thinking offense at this pick, unless a really talented cb slips to us. It's tough getting an elite DE at this pick. Teams in the top 15 tend to overdraft possible elite DEs. Every year those guys go high. Remember JA98? The Jaguars DEs? Gaines Adams (RIP)?

OTs go high usually as well, but sometimes they slip because that position is scheme dependent. WRs tend to be easier to get in the #27 spot--particularly if you have a strong #1--which we do, who btw we grabbed with a #27 pick.

TEs are often good picks here--but elite TEs in this draft are not plentiful. One position that is really good at this spot is the Running Back spot. It might not be a stretch to see us go Running back. You've got guys like Murray, Ingram (i'm wishing here), Vereen and Leshoure who are all possibilities here.

OG and Centers are great picks here. These two spots are hard for me to predict for us, as i don't know what we'll do with our 3 FAs w/o the CBA.

OTs go high usually as well, but sometimes they slip because that position is scheme dependent.

DE's are MORE "scheme dependent" than OTs are.... just say'in.

they both are, i agree. But the thing with DEs. The elite 43 DE has a bunch of 34 teams salivating to get him for OLB, and the pis s-poor 43 teams (which there are several picking ahead of us) also clamor for those guys. In short, DEs are a coveted commodity for the top 20 teams. I agree on OTs, but the fact is that some guys that are projected for RTs in other offenses, in our offense can be a LT. We tend to have interchangeable parts since we strive for balance. Even if we go WR high, which i think we will, we are going to have T and Guards that can run block.

I would only hope for a WR at that pick if say somehow and it's a long shot, but Julio Jones fell to that position. I might consider the 6 footer out of Pitt though as well. I know Kiper projected the WR from Maryland but I don't see it cause he's a return man and Weems is doing good and now a pro bowler.

I could go for a high end LT if it fell in place or top center which will not happen either. The other question mark is do we resign our guards. I think our O line could use some talent badly. Hawley I just don't see as being our future center. Also Gonzalez is still uncertain and not sure how confident the staff is on Palmer and Peele stepping up to fill those shoes. I think the only quality TE out there is the one from Notre Dame as a first rounder. It's gonna be interesting and exciting but man I'd like to turn ahead the clock :lol:

imma play armchair gm for the first round , send decoud and the 27th pick to new england for the 17th overall pick and sign champ bailey, i just see how much havoc woodson creates from the safety position, and i think bailey could do that for our defense, with the 17th pick i would draft julio jones or titus young ,

imma play armchair gm for the first round , send decoud and the 27th pick to new england for the 17th overall pick and sign champ bailey, i just see how much havoc woodson creates from the safety position, and i think bailey could do that for our defense, with the 17th pick i would draft julio jones or titus young ,

Patriots FS went to the pro bowl this year. why would they want DeCoud to move down 10 slots?

as for the pick.....I say either go WR, RB or OG.

WR- we could use a burner opposite White to open up the offense.

RB - We could lose Snelling, Turner is gonna get worn down. a RB can split carries and take over in a season or 2

OG - depends if we lose BOTH Gs or not. Also ok w a LT prospect here.

I want an immediate impact @ DE, and I dont think that is gonna be there at 27.

I'm always ready to see what the next season will look like. I've seen Kiper saying Torrey Smith WR out of Maryland but I don't see that happening. I have always thought of Kiper as being as dumb as his hairdo so just wondering what others may be thinking are next projected pick will be. Plus I need some player ideas to look at on youtube to see what they may bring to the team lol.

Oh and I did see a post about Aldon Smith DE from Missouri. I could see that possibly since we have strong ties with drafting Missouri D players. ie Spoon and Moore.

Kiper picks whom he feels is best for the team and/or the best player available when the team picks.

I agree it is highly doubtful the team picks up a WR at that spot.

I do want the best DE available or LT available at that spot. Hopefully TD will not reach for a need pick and or trade up out of desperation.

His best option is that if he sees the players he wants being taken, and if he does not see a disparity in quality between what is available at 27th and what will be in the lower rounds, that he trades to get more picks.

I hate it when he constantly over reaches for players. Lets be honest. Baker would have been available in the second round. Corey Peters could have gone in the 4th round or even the 5th. Same with just about all the players he picked up, save Ryan and Spoon.

Unless he has a different criteria from the rest of the league he is over valuing character guys a little too much. I can see why he looks for those qualities, but there has to be some compromise. He does need athletes as well.

Edited by Aria7

Patriots FS went to the pro bowl this year. why would they want DeCoud to move down 10 slots?

as for the pick.....I say either go WR, RB or OG.

WR- we could use a burner opposite White to open up the offense.

RB - We could lose Snelling, Turner is gonna get worn down. a RB can split carries and take over in a season or 2

OG - depends if we lose BOTH Gs or not. Also ok w a LT prospect here.

I want an immediate impact @ DE, and I dont think that is gonna be there at 27.

I agree with this...+1!

Kiper picks whom he feels is best for the team and/or the best player available when the team picks.

I agree it is highly doubtful the team picks up a WR at that spot.

I do want the best DE available or LT available at that spot. Hopefully TD will not reach for a need pick and or trade up out of desperation.

His best option is that if he sees the players he wants being taken, and if he does not see a disparity in quality between what is available at 27th and what will be in the lower rounds, that he trades to get more picks.

I hate it when he constantly over reaches for players. Lets be honest. Baker would have been available in the second round. Corey Peters could have gone in the 4th round or even the 5th. Same with just about all the players he picked up, save Ryan and Spoon.

Unless he has a different criteria from the rest of the league he is over valuing character guys a little too much. I can see why he looks for those qualities, but there has to be some compromise. He does need athletes as well.

thats just wrong. im not gonna look for a link, but i remember coaches last year saying they were looking seriously at picking peters a few picks after we did, so imo your opinion is incorrect in that regard.

thats just wrong. im not gonna look for a link, but i remember coaches last year saying they were looking seriously at picking peters a few picks after we did, so imo your opinion is incorrect in that regard.

Holgren said he was going to take him with the pick right after we took him.

I *think* CHI was also looking at him in round 3.

Who cares. Even if they were high on Peters does not mean the rest of the league was. The chances were quite high of him being available in the lower rounds. All it means is that TD overvalued peters and wanted him more; And your point is?

Who cares. Even if they were high on Peters does not mean the rest of the league was. The chances were quite high of him being available in the lower rounds. All it means is that TD overvalued peters and wanted him more; And your point is?

see my post above. there was no chance.

Holgren said he was going to take him with the pick right after we took him.

I *think* CHI was also looking at him in round 3.

Lets say you are correct, that Holmgren agrees with TD on his evaluation of Peters; Was there comparable DTs in the lower rounds that would have been available. YES. Why reach for a player?

The point is getting the best quality player that you need from what is available without over reaching for one.

see my post above. there was no chance.

So Peters is a superstar player that TD stole in the 3rd round? Um no. He is a decent DT. Even if TD was right that he would not be available the next round, does that mean he could not have someone of the same quality? Yeah. Point is that Peters was no better or worse than what was available in the lower rounds.

So Peters is a superstar player that TD stole in the 3rd round? Um no. He is a decent DT. Even if TD was right that he would not be available the next round, does that mean he could not have someone of the same quality? Yeah. Point is that Peters was no better or worse than what was available in the lower rounds.

who in the lower rounds has outplayed Peters? He was a successful starter as a 3rd round rookie. You act like he was only at DT because there was nothing else.

Vance Waler, Trey Lewis were both from lower rounds. Did either of them outplay Peters?

Not to mention your reply has NOTHING to do with my post. Dont put words into my mouth to fuel your agenda. I stated we wouldnt get Peters in lower rounds because Holmgren said himself that he was taking Peters w the next pick. You were proven wrong, and had to come up with something I assume.