Lots of WRs in the FA

Mr. Right

Michael Turner for a 2nd and 3rd and Jenkins for a 5th so we can have a fresh start.

There are tons of potential replacements for Michael Jenkins this offseason. Many are talented or have untapped talent. Others may be risky due to injury concerns, but are much more dynamic than Jenkins.

I've noted those who've had 1000 yard seasons, something Jenkins has not done.

Players we need to look at:

Steve Breaston - 1000

Plaxico Burress - 1000

Braylon Edwards - 1000

Malcom Floyd

Johnnie Lee Higgins

Santonio Holmes - 1000

Vincent Jackson - 1000

James Jones

Randy Moss - 1000

Legedu Naanee

Terrell Owens - 1000

Sidney Rice - 1000

Laurent Robinson

Mike Sims-Walker

Steve E. Smith - 1000

Limas Sweed

Legedu Naanee should definitely be looked at to play WR3 or WR2 if we want someone cheap.

Michael Turner for a 2nd and 3rd and Jenkins for a 5th so we can have a fresh start.

There are tons of potential replacements for Michael Jenkins this offseason. Many are talented or have untapped talent. Others may be risky due to injury concerns, but are much more dynamic than Jenkins.

Steve Breaston - 1000

Plaxico Burress - 1000

Braylon Edwards - 1000

Malcom Floyd

Johnnie Lee Higgins

Santonio Holmes - 1000

Vincent Jackson - 1000

James Jones

Randy Moss - 1000

Legedu Naanee

Terrell Owens - 1000

Sidney Rice - 1000

Laurent Robinson

Mike Sims-Walker

Steve E. Smith - 1000

Limas Sweed

Legedu Naanee should definitely be looked at to play WR3 or WR2 if we want someone cheap.

But are any of them burners? You scratch Robinson we traded him because he was injury prone. Also scratch Owens, Burress, Moss, and Edwards. Steve Smith is nice, but not fast any more. That leaves Rice, Sweed, Naanee, Jones, Jackson, Floyd, Holmes, Higgins and Breaston. Floyd, Jackson, Holmes and Jones are probably going to want too much money. Our best bet may be to go after Breaston as long as he doesn't cost too much.

Edited by Chitown2ATL_Falcon

Steve Breaston - 1000

Plaxico Burress - 1000

Braylon Edwards - 1000

Malcom Floyd

Johnnie Lee Higgins

Santonio Holmes - 1000

Vincent Jackson - 1000

James Jones

Randy Moss - 1000

Legedu Naanee

Terrell Owens - 1000

Sidney Rice - 1000

Laurent Robinson

Mike Sims-Walker

Steve E. Smith - 1000

Limas Sweed

Jenkins I think Would be a decent 3rd WR. I agree with replacement as far as rank in the depth chart but getting someone new AND letting him go - Absolutely NOT.

Edited by Aria7

But are any of them burners? You scratch Robinson we traded him because he was injury prone. Also scratch Owens, Burress, Moss, and Edwards. Steve Smith is nice, but not fast any more. That leaves Rice, Sweed, Naanee, Jones, Jackson, Floyd, Holmes, Higgins and Breaston. Floyd, Jackson, Holmes and Jones are probably going to want too much money. Our best bet may be to go after Breaston as long as he doesn't cost too much.

We can try to draft a burner. But there aren't that many to be drafted. Plus WRs usually take a few years to develop so the FA signing will hold us over.

I'm not understanding any of this thread. Your wanting to get rid of Jenkins who actually played good when he came back. The majority of the WRs mentioned are number ones. Jenkins is a number 2 and the best blocking WR we have. I do think a burner would be a good pick up for situational plays but Jenkins played to his potential this season and won some games with pivotal catches. But most importantly we are a running team.

Also why trade Turner when his backup didn't play one game. So we were stuck with one punch of hard nosed hitting running backs instead of having the one two punch we built the team for. Norwood has great potential but his injury issues have been a huge concern for quite awhile now so opting to get a more reliable two punch makes more sense.

Not hitting on how great it would be to have some of the names mentioned but salary cap and what we have and what we need plays more into it than grabbing established players to positions that we are already set up at. Sorry but this thread makes little sense and it's not gonna happen.

I'm not understanding any of this thread. Your wanting to get rid of Jenkins who actually played good when he came back. The majority of the WRs mentioned are number ones. Jenkins is a number 2 and the best blocking WR we have. I do think a burner would be a good pick up for situational plays but Jenkins played to his potential this season and won some games with pivotal catches. But most importantly we are a running team.

Also why trade Turner when his backup didn't play one game. So we were stuck with one punch of hard nosed hitting running backs instead of having the one two punch we built the team for. Norwood has great potential but his injury issues have been a huge concern for quite awhile now so opting to get a more reliable two punch makes more sense.

Not hitting on how great it would be to have some of the names mentioned but salary cap and what we have and what we need plays more into it than grabbing established players to positions that we are already set up at. Sorry but this thread makes little sense and it's not gonna happen.

Funny how people think this guy is good. He doesn't draw attention from the defense, and yes he's good at run blocking but so is Eric Weems. If Jenkin's only job is to make clutch plays, then he should be a #4 WR. Look at the Saints. Their most clutch WR is Lance Moore who is #3 or #4 behind Colston, Henderson, Meachem. We need a legitimate #2 that can take pressure off of White. If White is double covered, we need to go to our #2, not start handing the ball off.

Turner is declining in talent. The Patriots always trade away declining talent. We need to trade him for something before it's too late.

Turner is declining in talent.

Really? How do you come to this conclusion?

You mean, one of the three NFL running backs up for Fed-Ex ground player of the year?

The guy who, right now, is in Hawaii participating in the Pro-Bowl?

The guy we only ran 10 times in the play-off loss?

The guy that when he rushes 20 times in a game almost guarantees a victory?

Laughable.

A "fresh-start"?

LOL. Go back to your video game or at least learn something about football before you post crap like this.

Yeah I really don't get all the trade Turner or Turner is declining stuff smh. So what game do yall be watching??? We do need a change of pace back. Hopefully we get one in the draft or FA. Now for Jenkins... I really don't care for. We still need another or maybe two more play-makers on offense.

Funny how people think this guy is good. He doesn't draw attention from the defense, and yes he's good at run blocking but so is Eric Weems. If Jenkin's only job is to make clutch plays, then he should be a #4 WR. Look at the Saints. Their most clutch WR is Lance Moore who is #3 or #4 behind Colston, Henderson, Meachem. We need a legitimate #2 that can take pressure off of White. If White is double covered, we need to go to our #2, not start handing the ball off.

Turner is declining in talent. The Patriots always trade away declining talent. We need to trade him for something before it's too late.

While I can understand where you are coming from, didn't Fred Taylor and Kevin Faulk have a roster spot on that team, last year?

Steve Breaston - 1000

Plaxico Burress - 1000Braylon Edwards - 1000

Malcom Floyd

Johnnie Lee Higgins

Santonio Holmes - 1000

Vincent Jackson - 1000

James Jones

Randy Moss - 1000

Legedu Naanee

Terrell Owens - 1000

Sidney Rice - 1000

Laurent Robinson

Mike Sims-Walker

Steve E. Smith - 1000

Limas Sweed

Is this the guy that shot himself in the foot? :mellow: