Matt Ryan calls Vick old, joking at pro bowl practice

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Very true.. makes me wonder. i wish Vick well, and believe in redemption. I just think that there is a belief(and probably true) that some "fans" want to see Ryan fail to validate their opinions of Vick and also some "fans" that want to see Vick fail to validate their opinion of Ryan.

you are probably gonna call me a hater but i don't care. In MY eyes Vick can NEVER be redeemed. Simply kissing *ss now is going to fix what?; His life, the one he f*cked up to begin with and what about the animals whos' lives he totally destroyed. Ah, f*ck them. Vick is a star athlete and they are just dogs.

Anywho. Redemption is just a filter to see the positive in someone you liked ANYWAY. All these people who talk about redemption now, liked vick before AND after the conviction. Redemption is just preaching to those who don't like the guy about why they should like them also. It's total BS. Why don't people talk about the same redemption with people they do NOT like? Why not redemption for non athletes, everyday people or despots? Could dictators be redeemed? For the Vick nut huggers; Vick can be redeemed: for being sadistic, getting thrown in jail, being lazy on the on and off the field, and PLAYING POORLY ALSO; However, Matt Ryan is nonredeemable for playing poorly in a few games?

Tell me if that is a double standard.

Just so you know, I DID like Vick BEFORE I knew what a vicious self serving sadist he really is. He IS a great athlete but he is STILL a monster playing a public relations scheme. Most inmates, and security guards will tell you that criminals do not rehabilitate in jail; they simply perfect their craft and learn to prevent getting caught again. The few that genuinely are ashamed of what they have done, probably felt desperate and or felt pressure, to commit the crime in the first place. Like a bankrupt man robbing a liquor store, because he needs to feed his kids or someone who while careless, and NOT purposely, was over confident about their sobriety lead them to drink and drive which cause them to get into an ACCIDENT, killing someone with thier car, as examples.

Vick is sorry that he got caught.

Edited by Aria7

you are probably gonna call me a hater but i don't care. In MY eyes Vick can NEVER be redeemed. Simply kissing *ss now is going to fix what?; His life, the one he f*cked up to begin with and what about the animals whos' lives he totally destroyed. Ah, f*ck them. Vick is a star athlete and they are just dogs.

Anywho. Redemption is just a filter to see the positive in someone you liked ANYWAY. All these people who talk about redemption now, liked vick before AND after the conviction. Redemption is just preaching to those who don't like the guy about why they should like them also. It's total BS. Why don't people talk about the same redemption with people they do NOT like? Why not redemption for non athletes, everyday people or despots? Could dictators be redeemed? For the Vick nut huggers; Vick can be redeemed: for being sadistic, getting thrown in jail, being lazy on the on and off the field, and PLAYING POORLY ALSO; However, Matt Ryan is nonredeemable for playing poorly in a few games?

Just so you know, I DID like Vick BEFORE I knew what a vicious self serving sadist he really is. He IS a great athlete but he is STILL a monster playing a public relations scheme. Most inmates, and security guards will tell you that criminals do not rehabilitate in jail; they simply perfect their craft and learn to prevent getting caught again. The few that genuinely are ashamed of what they have done, probably felt desperate and or felt pressure, to commit the crime in the first place. Like a bankrupt man robbing a liquor store, because he needs to feed his kids or someone who while careless, and NOT purposely, was over confident about their sobriety lead them to drank and drive which cause them to get into an ACCIDENT, killing someone with thier car, as examples.

Stop the hate and enjoy that our franchise is good at drafting QB talent.

because it is colder up there and they'd have to pull up their pants.

Were you insinuating people that like Vick are black and they sag their pants? I can read right through you racist. Funny you got your little racist friends giving u plus. Atleast Vick didnt get blown out at home and cause his fan base to leave like a certain vanilla QB.

Just so you know, I DID like Vick BEFORE I knew what a vicious self serving sadist he really is. He IS a great athlete but he is STILL a monster playing a public relations scheme. Most inmates, and security guards will tell you that criminals do not rehabilitate in jail; they simply perfect their craft and learn to prevent getting caught again. The few that genuinely are ashamed of what they have done, probably felt desperate and or felt pressure, to commit the crime in the first place. Like a bankrupt man robbing a liquor store, because he needs to feed his kids or someone who while careless, and NOT purposely, was over confident about their sobriety lead them to drank and drive which cause them to get into an ACCIDENT, killing someone with thier car, as examples.

Who cares the only people crying about this and who only ever cried about it Is people like you and Carson Tucker. When you people race Greyhounds and Horses and kill them when they underperform=Hypocrites. The dogs are just an excuse to hate Vick. Ben roethlisberger gets all the praise in the world and no mention of his crime during his games. He was accused 2wice of the same crime is what i find odd.

His people even threatened the victim and had her scared to testify.Yea thats the part the media doesnt tell you. Ben also had a cop cover up for him and that cop was later fired. You people never say anything about that. Yeah we know what the real hate for Vick is. I dont care what he did. You people need to get a life and stop acting like youre better than everyone because youre not. Everyone makes mistakes.

I bet several of your family members hunt dont they? but according to your people its okay because it legal and what Vick did was not right? because Vick torured dogs right? When in fact in both situations an animal is still being killed. You people, boy,boy i tell you the truth. The biggest hypocrites in this country.

A bit of a rant but I believe you covered it for a great many Falcons fans.

Umm actually no. If he dropped one of Vick's 400 mph lasers, when the ball needed touch, then it would like old times.

We all know and roddy himself has admited those drops were not Vick's fault they were the product of WHITE not properly preparing himself, fact is no matter what the QB did with the football if it hits you square in the chest and you drop it that's your fault.

We all know and roddy himself has admited those drops were not Vick's fault they were the product of WHITE not properly preparing himself, fact is no matter what the QB did with the football if it hits you square in the chest and you drop it that's your fault.

I'm not defending Roddy, he was awful, but Vick didn't exactly throw the most catchable balls. He had no touch. he lasered practically every pass. It was mutual.

Why are you defending the Eagles QB. anyway? Dude is the enemy.

At least Roddy is still a Falcon.

Who cares the only people crying about this and who only ever cried about it Is people like you and Carson Tucker. When you people race Greyhounds and Horses and kill them when they underperform=Hypocrites. The dogs are just an excuse to hate Vick. Ben roethlisberger gets all the praise in the world and no mention of his crime during his games. He was accused 2wice of the same crime is what i find odd.

His people even threatened the victim and had her scared to testify.Yea thats the part the media doesnt tell you. Ben also had a cop cover up for him and that cop was later fired. You people never say anything about that. Yeah we know what the real hate for Vick is. I dont care what he did. You people need to get a life and stop acting like youre better than everyone because youre not. Everyone makes mistakes.

I bet several of your family members hunt dont they? but according to your people its okay because it legal and what Vick did was not right? because Vick torured dogs right? When in fact in both situations an animal is still being killed. You people, boy,boy i tell you the truth. The biggest hypocrites in this country.

First off, Michael Vick is the EAGLES QB. You are on the wrong boards. He humiliated this franchise, and to come to our boards expecting us to fawn over his overrated arse is ridiculous. Wow what a shocker! A large segment of Falcons fans, don't like the guy who screwed them!

That said, I don't defend horse or dog racing, I don't even think either should be legal. But horse/greyhound racers generally don't get off on torturing their horses, choke their greyhounds to death with their bare hands, rip their teeth out with pliers and no anasthetic, or make them fight one another to the death.

Michael Vick got off on the torture and death of innocent animals. Animal racing isn't much better, but it is less cruel.

Horse and race dogs are euthanized with a shot. Not taken apart surgically by a Dexter wannabe. Mike Vick exhibited psychotically cruel behavior. A year in Jail doesn't fix that. Being fun to watch on the football field doesn't redeem it either.

I'm not defending Roddy, he was awful, but Vick didn't exactly throw the most catchable balls. He had no touch. he lasered practically every pass. It was mutual.

Why are you defending the Eagles QB. anyway? Dude is the enemy.

At least Roddy is still a Falcon.

I'm not defending anyone, I'm just saying that roddy was to blame aswell, Vick has matured and so has White it's interesting to see 2 guys who were squandering all that talent together at the same time at there current state having matured as both men and football players. You can say what you want about Vick being a bad person but the way he has talked and acted since his return strikes me as a matured man who has grown from his mistakes and who he was as a kid, I draw that as a parrael to Whites maturing in the same regard.

I don't hate Vick, I don't love Vick, I am impressed with his transition the same way I love White for his maturing both on and off the football feild, Vick has shown a tonne of resilance to be where he is today.

Were you insinuating people that like Vick are black and they sag their pants? I can read right through you racist. Funny you got your little racist friends giving u plus. Atleast Vick didnt get blown out at home and cause his fan base to leave like a certain vanilla QB.

Basically.

Very true.. makes me wonder. i wish Vick well, and believe in redemption. I just think that there is a belief(and probably true) that some "fans" want to see Ryan fail to validate their opinions of Vick and also some "fans" that want to see Vick fail to validate their opinion of Ryan.

I want to see Vick fail because he is an Iggle and I hate his guts.

But that's just me.

You missed the game the Pack had before they played us eh?

I think is safe to say you have an agenda. blink.gif

Our species evolved as omnivores (meats and vegetation), and hunting to eat is just a tad different than maiming, torturing and killing a non food source for the simple pleasure of it!

For the record, I think Vick is basically a good person who did some stupid, immature and, in the case of the dogs, sadistic things. I do not see Vick as a rapist, thug, murderer type. Put him in the same home and environment that Matt Ryan was raised in and Lord only knows how great he could have become.

As for Ben Roethlisberger, let's just day I am pulling for Green Bay on behalf of the college girl he treated like dirt! He's very lucky she wasn't my daughter or there's a good chance I wouldn't be free to type this message to you! wink.gif

Edited by Quarterback

Pot meet kettle. People like you is what perpetuates racism in this country and in turn pisses me off to no end. Making generalizations such as "you people race grayhounds and horses" is the exact same as what you criticize the OP for. I'll have you know I've never raced a greyhound nor a horse in my entire life. Difference between Big Ben and Vick is that Vick was CHARGED AND CONVICTED of a crime where as Ben wasn't even charged. You then go on to say that Ben intimidated this, bought a cop, etc. You don't have any first hand knowledge of it and only present hearsay as your evidence which wouldn't stand up in any court.

Sure, I have family members who hunt but they also eat what they kill. I still don't condone it and personally won't participate in it. I also have a family member that's a vegetarian and doesn't eat meat because of his passion for wildlife but that doesn't count in your eyes. You see, I've worked with abused dogs and have experienced first hand the trauma they go through. I've helped get stray dogs into new homes.

Next time you decide to make a generalization like those that you despise, you might want to know who you are talking to and know what you are talking about because it's clear to me that you don't have a clue and don't care about anything except skin color...