Titans fire Jeff Fisher

Carter

ESPN reporting that it could be premature at this point, but it looks like Jeff Fisher is out as head coach.

Surprising since they already stated they intend to released Vince Young. I guess depending on who they bring in to replace Fisher, they could change their mind on VY.

Kinda sorry to see Fisher get fired. He's one of the best head coaches in the league.

ESPN reporting that it could be premature at this point, but it looks like Jeff Fisher is out as head coach.

Surprising since they already stated they intend to released Vince Young. I guess depending on who they bring in to replace Fisher, they could change their mind on VY.

Kinda sorry to see Fisher get fired. He's one of the best head coaches in the league.

They must have come to the realization that Jeff has coached about 17 years and has 6 winning seasons?

Chris Chandler was never a Tennessee Titan and 2 years after he left the team McNair took them to the Super Bowl.

I've always been a big fan of Vince Young, he's a guy that just wins... but the reality of that situation is that VY became a head case in the NFL. He seems to give the team more juice when he's the guy, but he has to be one of the least coachable QBs I've seen as well. I think Bud Adams is a fool for allowing a QB to influence the decisions on Norm Chow and Jeff Fisher.

I think it was just time for Fisher and the Titans to split. The feeling for a while has been that it's inevitable anyway. The straw that broke the camel's back was Washburn taking the same exact job he had with another team in my opinion. Jeff Fisher wanted out after that.

The Titans are the only NFL team besides the Falcons that I care about because I grew up in Nashville and lived there for the whole transition from Houston to Memphis to Nashville before joining the Army in 2002. I have a ton of respect for Jeff Fisher, he is a great coach who had a bad owner in Bud Adams.