Can you guys define what a true Falcons fan is for me?

FalconinPA

I know you have all read it here many times before. One poster claiming that other posters aren't so called True or real falcons fans. What does it take to be a real fan? Do you have to be a fan longer than other Falcons fans to qualify? Do you have to never say anything negative about certain players or about what you think the team is missing? If you go to all the Falcons games are you qualified? If you have a high reputation on the AFMB are you a true fan? If you stick with your team thru thick and thin do you bleed the good old Red and Black? What if you are a know it all and some one disagrees with you are they pretending to be a fan? I guess I would like to hear some opinions on what makes one a die-hard Falcons fan.

Edited by FalconinPA

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Definition: Someone who follows the exlpoits of the Atlanta Falcons with a desire to see them succeed.

Being a Falcon Fan is a lesson in humility.

How you respond to the outcome of the collective number of seasons/games you have witnessed determines how you are viewed by other fans with varying levels of intelligence and maturity coupled with vastly different defintions of success.

I don't care what your opinion is..

A TRUE fan is just..

Will support the Falcons through thick and thin

Cheer for any person wearing the Jersey on game day

That's about it

You can question personnel decisions all week say you want another player instead

BUT DURING THE GAME

You give your full support to any player out there giving the team 100%

Edited by kane#7

Def agree with Kane.

Ill also add that there are some bigger fans and others. I live in Arizona and been fan since Vick became pro and stayed after. I get so hype when I see another falcon fan out here even give some high fives.

On here some people will say you not a fan because you don't know every stat ot what not. Iv never been one to question anyone the more fans or bandwagon fan the better. Don't matter

People that undermine the talents of Matt Ryan and only speak negatively of him and constantly refer to Michael Vick being better are not "true" fans.

There are legitimate concerns with Matt Ryan (Specifically, deep ball accuracy), however, the people that only want to focus on the negatives and refuse to give Matt Ryan any credit are not "true" fans.

I think you're just trying to focus on a specific part of my argument and blow it up like it is some idiotic homeristic rant, but I'm also quite certain that you are well aware of what kind of people that I am talking about.

People that undermine the talents of Matt Ryan and only speak negatively of him and constantly refer to Michael Vick being better are not "true" fans.

There are legitimate concerns with Matt Ryan (Specifically, deep ball accuracy), however, the people that only want to focus on the negatives and refuse to give Matt Ryan any credit are not "true" fans.

I think you're just trying to focus on a specific part of my argument and blow it up like it is some idiotic homeristic rant, but I'm also quite certain that you are well aware of what kind of people that I am talking about.

blah

Edited by Atl/0

A true fan cheers and supports our players and our team on gameday to win and discusses ways to make the team better on days that we aren't playing.

Being overly optimistic or pessimistic are parts of team fandom and should be excepted if you agree or disagree on any issue that deals with the team.

I don't see anything wrong with constructive criticism, but I am not going to label the people calling for Matt Ryan's head for Michael Vick as "true" fans.

I've said this before but it's like 1-2 posters with multiple screen names doing what your saying so it's not like there's a lot of that going on around here.

Wouldn't it be nice to have all the extra nics banned......one poster one nic and most of the problems on this board would be solved

It would but then it brings up the question of why it's not part of the protocol in the first place......interesting indeed :ph34r:

Kane expressed it very well. I am a Falcons fan in the truest meaning, a fanatic. I hate every other team in the NFL and all other players. I especially hate teams in the NFC South with a burning passion. The team that the Falcons play that week are detested and if a Falcons fan cheered for another player or team he deserves flogging!

But, that's just me. I guess you could be a half a**ed fan and still be considered a fan. ;)

True fans will come here and post about the good and bad of this team. The fandom comes under scrutiny when the so called fan constantly belittles the players on the team. Every post is always negative or demoralizing in nature. When they never say anything positive nor do they compliment the teams success. Even with a winning season they refuse to acknowledge the potential of said team. A persons loyalty would never be questioned for stating an obvious flaw with a player on the team if each and every post was not stritcly negative. A true fan gets offended with a constant barrage of negativity and feels the urge to defend said team. Just my opinion :D

I don't see anything wrong with constructive criticism, but I am not going to label the people calling for Matt Ryan's head for Michael Vick as "true" fans.

How bout the thousands of true fans that called for Vick's head when he was our starting QB? Long before the bird, the bottle or the bulls. Were they true fans? I believe so, but not by your definition.

No, this isn't about you my good man. Just wanted some other opinions. I don't agree with your opinion of what a true fan is, but I do respect your opinion.

No, this isn't about you my good man. Just wanted some other opinions. I don't agree with your opinion of what a true fan is, but I do respect your opinion.

So in your opinion what is a true fan. Forgive me if I missed it in an earlier post. You put the question out there for everyone to see so it's only fitting that you answer your own question. :D

I don't want to get in the minutia of what a true fan is or isn't. I have no issue with people making rational legitimate criticisms of the team or players. But there are 2 criteria that make me question someone's fanhood:

Anybody that cheers for Michael Vick, owns his Eagles jersey, especially the ones who cheer for him when he is playing us. That to me is treason. He is a Conference Rival, He is the enemy. I don't care how great he was when he was a Falcon. Pick a team, Eagles or Falcons it's that simple.

The other is the Swiftkick/atlhomey troll crowd that pretend to be Falcons fans by baiting real fans into inane debates on Matt Ryan. Matt is a franchise QB, he's going to be here a decade at least, just stop. Is Matt where he needs to be? No, not yet, but he's further along than 99% of any other QB in NFL history in his first 3 years. The idea that Atlanta should even give the remote possibity of looking somewhere else for another QB is laughable. Any thread started about Matt Ryan's legitmacy as our starting QB should be deleted and the poster should be banned on it's absurdity. I'm serious. It makes absolutely no sense.

Those are the only things that get me. I don't even mind some of the bandwagon types. Fanhood has to start somewhere.