Mike Goodson a cheaper/faster version of Bush in the making?

Big Bubba

I mean faster, compared to how Bush is now, not compared to how he was when he came into the league. Guy was fast as h3ll before all the injuries happened.

Be objective!

Keep in mind, Goodson had only 3 starts this past season, his entire short career. He had 400 rec/rushing yards total in those 3 games. He can catch, he can run up the middle, out to the side, and make people miss with his speed. Only 23 yrs old and is just now getting the chance to prove what he can do. Not much experience on the field due to Dwill and Stewart being such a dominant duo in the past.

He does fumble the ball now and again though. Something he has to work on.

Bush, I don't need to go into detail, we've all talked about him at one point or another over the years. He is a good decoy for the Saints and when healthy, is a top notch receiving back, but is lacking a little when it comes to running up the middle.

So... if you had to choose one. Who would you choose? Price is also a factor. Goodson will be at a 6th round price, Bush at a top 2 price.

I think Reggie Bush has really improved since he came into the league, and you can see that when watching him. He can take any kind of carry, catch any type of pass, he can literally do it all. But the injuries just hurt him so much. People talk about how Sean Payton under uses him, and I think that is because he doesn't trust he can stay healthy.

I truly believe Reggie COULD be a 1,000 yard back, but he won't ever be because of his health. You can't give him the necessary carries to get to that 1,000 number because he wouldn't ever last that long.

I was wrong, Goodson wasn't a 6th round pick, he was a 4th round pick, 111th overall.

Still............ Wonder how he feels about possibly surpassing his idol in the upcoming years?

Mike Goodson quote, I think before the draft-

Goodson: "I've been a big fan of Reggie Bush. We have the same type of running style, I think. I'm a little bigger than he is, but we both have good hands and great speed."