UGA folks, this is what I'm talking about right here...

aPureTerror

To my fellow Georgia posters, this is what I was talking about in the UGA recruiting thread. I can't seem to understand why a fanbase that has just won a NT is so caught up in what a "6-7 UGA team" is doing. Some have speculated that it may be because of guys like Ray Drew and Isaiah Crowell.... who knows? :huh:

This is sad, this is from AUBURN'S Scout board. Notice which two threads have the most replies on AUBURN'S board. I can't see why a Big Nat'l Championship winning team is so into our "Dream Team". It's for Georgia, it's not for outsiders to like. Would you expect to see any Vandy threads with so many replies on a Gator board? How about a Indiana thread on a Ohio State board? Why are National Champions talking about us Georgia losers so much, aren't we irrelevant? Haha...

Screenshot below

post-179500-129612363374_thumb.jpg

Edited by aPureTerror

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To my fellow Georgia posters, this is what I was talking about in the UGA recruiting thread. I can't seem to understand why a fanbase that has just won a NT is so caught up in what a "6-7 UGA team" is doing. Some have speculated that it may be because of guys like Ray Drew and Isaiah Crowell.... who knows? :huh:

This is sad, this is from AUBURN'S Scout board. Notice which two threads have the most replies on AUBURN'S board. I can't see why a Big Nat'l Championship winning team is so into our "Dream Team". It's for Georgia, it's not for outsiders to like. Would you expect to see any Vandy threads with so many replies on a Gator board? How about a Indiana thread on a Ohio State board? Why are National Champions talking about us Georgia losers so much, aren't we irrelevant? Haha...

[attachment=3615:

never mind I see it now. Thanks. That's pretty pathetic

Edited by chadtm77

I said it once and I will say it again, Auburn had a fluke season.

Hahahahaha that's a funny one, Auburn will have a down year this year but 2012 Auburn will be contending again while UGA may be breaking in a new coach. Give me examples of what was "flukey" about this season? How do define a "fluke" season and was 1980 a "fluke" season as well?

I'll hang up and listen

I wouldn't call it a fluke season. Auburn won some great games in 2010... they had a great team (well, except for that secondary... they were pretty bad).

I think the statement speaks more to how much Cam Newton individually catapulted Auburn from where they were in 2009 and the expectations of a team without him in 2011. I don't agree it was a fluke season, but my expectations of Auburn in 2011 are quite lower than 14-0 with Newton and Fairley no longer there.

You guys have plenty of talent around there though so who knows.

I wouldn't call it a fluke season. Auburn won some great games in 2010... they had a great team (well, except for that secondary... they were pretty bad).

I think the statement speaks more to how much Cam Newton individually catapulted Auburn from where they were in 2009 and the expectations of a team without him in 2011. I don't agree it was a fluke season, but my expectations of Auburn in 2011 are quite lower than 14-0 with Newton and Fairley no longer there.

You guys have plenty of talent around there though so who knows.

IMO history shows that it was anything but a fluke season, I agree that Auburn will be down next year, I don't think anybody will argue that and by down I still believe we have a winning record and we win some big games on the road. To call it a fluke though? That's just dumb Auburn has now gone undefeated twice in the past 10 years in the SEC (give me another school thats done that), Auburn pulled in a top 5 recruiting class the previous year, and Auburn will possibly pull in a top 5 class this year. As far as jealousy goes, Auburn is the furthest thing from jealous of UGA, we were in the same position as UGA three years ago, and if you don't believe you're in the same position I believe you're sorely mistaken. Auburn is not caught up in UGA, most fans were caught up in Ray Drew but with the addition of Brandon Fulse, Tre Mason, and the probable additions of Erique Florence, Gabe Wright, and Marcus Roberson Auburn is NOT jealous of UGA's class. Don't get me wrong UGA has put together an AWESOME class, but excuse me if I would put our boys against your boys any day of the week and feel EXTREMELY confident. Enjoy this UGA fans but don't think Auburn is jealous, because I don't think ANYONE in our camp is jealous of a 6-7 season to go along with being the only team to ever lose to UCF in a bowl game, ESPECIALLY after we just brought home the coaches trophy and had our coaches and players win just about every award on the face of the college football planet. Let us not forget that in two years Gene Chizik has taken this team to two January bowls, in the past two years Mark Richt has been bowling in December.

I don't think you speak for every Auburn fan, millejb. The screenshot of the Auburn board shows Auburn fans are starting and carrying on conversation about UGA. It may not be jealousy, but it's definitely some kind of infatuation.

Auburn vs Georgia between the hedges is gonna be intense this year... really really looking forward to that game.

millejb said stuff.. don't want to repost due to length.

Yeah the comment on two january bowl games is a hilarious. come on man don't try and spin last year as a great bowl game because of when it was played. You guys had to promise the world to get that bowl game and a team with a 3-5 sec record had no business being in that bowl game. Congrats on this year, but don't try and spin last year as a better season than what UGA had with a worst sec record and a head to head loss. Right now and on NSD i would put UGA's class up against Auburn's every day of the week and I would feel confidence as well that we would take it to Auburn as we will this year in Athens when you guys come out for a visit. :P Regarding jealousy, your fans have been very vocal and confident on getting guys like crowell, jenkins, and ray drew and yes I know I talk to a lot of auburn fans daily so I know exactly what auburn fans were saying until it's realized you guys aren't getting any of the three then it's "hey we were really only focused on ray drew and singlar is an awesome pickup" and that is not true at all nor is it true your fans are not obsessed with the dream team concept and hating it. I have seen post after post and comment after comment from your fans either lamenting how successful it has been or downright hating it as if auburn is the only school who has a right to come up with something that can resonate with recruits. your feelings are not at all echo'd by the comments of your fellow fans on message boards and chat rooms. regarding your season it was the perfect storm for you guys, see the bama game as a prime example.

I'll be honest, until about 48 hours ago I was thoroughly embarrassed by the term "Dream Team" as a UGA fan. I still cringe thinking about Richt selling kids that line. I totally get other fans ragging on that phrase especially when it's coming from a team that just had the season we did.

But now, this class has a real chance to close out as being the most impressive class in UGA history. I think it's going to be pretty hard to top the 2006 class, but we'll see.

I'm excited. Let the haters hate.

I'll be honest, until about 48 hours ago I was thoroughly embarrassed by the term "Dream Team" as a UGA fan. I still cringe thinking about Richt selling kids that line. I totally get other fans ragging on that phrase especially when it's coming from a team that just had the season we did.

But now, this class has a real chance to close out as being the most impressive class in UGA history. I think it's going to be pretty hard to top the 2006 class, but we'll see.

I think this class will turn out better than 2006... and just wait until we start seeing what our 2012 class looks like. Georgia is frickin loaded in the 2012 class and we're going to land some absolute beasts to further build on what this class is bringing to Athens.

Get excited... good times ahead for the Dawg faithful. There is absolutely no way this team doesn't improve drastically this coming season.

I couldn't disagree more. Why should the past season have anything to do with it? Should the coaches not try as hard because they just came off a poor season? I don't get it. Other teams can come up with any type of concept that they want to, it's not my concern. Whatever they think will help them recruit, it's not for me to like. IMO, other fans are jealous (or any other word you want to use) because they actually see UGA getting a great class and beating their team for elite recruits even after such a poor season.

I couldn't disagree more. Why should the past season have anything to do with it? Should the coaches not try as hard because they just came off a poor season? I don't get it. Other teams can come up with any type of concept that they want to, it's not my concern. Whatever they think will help them recruit, it's not for me to like. IMO, other fans are jealous (or any other word you want to use) because they actually see UGA getting a great class and beating their team for elite recruits even after such a poor season.

Well. Because UGA has consistantly had top tier recruiting classes for like the last 15 years. So when you attach a phrase like "Dream Team" to a bunch of highschool kids who aren't far superior to the athletes you're accustomed to getting - coupled with our season, it can seem a little desperate. I think you're right about the jealousy thing though. At first other teams' fans were talking about how corny it was, now they're thinking "Oh fishsticks, they might get that class they were 'dreaming' of".

Well. Because UGA has consistantly had top tier recruiting classes for like the last 15 years. So when you attach a phrase like "Dream Team" to a bunch of highschool kids who aren't far superior to the athletes you're accustomed to getting - coupled with our season, it can seem a little desperate. I think you're right about the jealousy thing though. At first other teams' fans were talking about how corny it was, now they're thinking "Oh fishsticks, they might get that class they were 'dreaming' of".

I think CMR saw this year as being very very special when he looked at the in state talent. Yes, Georgia is talent rich every year, but this year is a little more special. I think that's where the Dream Team comes from.

it depends on what you mean by top tier. if you are talking top 5 uga does not have a top tier class year in and year out nor is the state of georgia as deep and as talented at the top as it is this year. that is why the dream team concept works for this season. there was only 1 year i can think of where we had this much top instate talent and that was 2007. we knew coming this 2011 instate talent was a special group and it is that. you are right on the jealousy thing.. the same thing they mocked early they are now lamenting.

What I find funny is Auburn fans did not like the Chizik hire at all. They had to seek the help of the alumni players to support the hire. 2 yrs later and they think he is the messiah. I wonder how long Chizik will last once they have 3 or 4 yrs of probation. My guess is that he leaves before the trial is over. Be ready to give back that crystal AU fans!!! Party at my house when that happens :lol:

Yes, top tier CLASSES but we have missed on too may of the elite "difference makers" that have come out of this state in the last several years. Look everybody is selling these kids something. This one just happens to have become well known to the public.

Edited by Metropolis

Yeah the comment on two january bowl games is a hilarious. come on man don't try and spin last year as a great bowl game because of when it was played. You guys had to promise the world to get that bowl game and a team with a 3-5 sec record had no business being in that bowl game. Congrats on this year, but don't try and spin last year as a better season than what UGA had with a worst sec record and a head to head loss. Right now and on NSD i would put UGA's class up against Auburn's every day of the week and I would feel confidence as well that we would take it to Auburn as we will this year in Athens when you guys come out for a visit. :P Regarding jealousy, your fans have been very vocal and confident on getting guys like crowell, jenkins, and ray drew and yes I know I talk to a lot of auburn fans daily so I know exactly what auburn fans were saying until it's realized you guys aren't getting any of the three then it's "hey we were really only focused on ray drew and singlar is an awesome pickup" and that is not true at all nor is it true your fans are not obsessed with the dream team concept and hating it. I have seen post after post and comment after comment from your fans either lamenting how successful it has been or downright hating it as if auburn is the only school who has a right to come up with something that can resonate with recruits. your feelings are not at all echo'd by the comments of your fellow fans on message boards and chat rooms. regarding your season it was the perfect storm for you guys, see the bama game as a prime example.

A January bowl is a January bowl man, I'll take that any year. I would say our class is better with the LB corps, WR corps, QB wise, and far and away the OLine we're bringing in this year, and possibly our secondary class. I beleive Auburn fans were confident in Drew but hopeful on Crowell and Jenkins. We'll call it even on the dream team concept after all the crap AU got about BCW and Tiger Prowl. As far as a fluke season, that's BS and you know it.

oh they'll be mad when that title and $$$$$$$$$$$$cam newton has to give back the heisman in a few years. :)

Hahahahahahaha you'll be mad in a few years when you realize nothing will come of the rigged slot machines and the untracable ATM cards

What I find funny is Auburn fans did not like the Chizik hire at all. They had to seek the help of the alumni players to support the hire. 2 yrs later and they think he is the messiah. I wonder how long Chizik will last once they have 3 or 4 yrs of probation. My guess is that he leaves before the trial is over. Be ready to give back that crystal AU fans!!! Party at my house when that happens :lol:

Turns out we were wrong about Chizik, rather be wrong about a coach and them win a title, then be wrong about a coach and go through bad seasons hoping for things to get better.

\We'll call it even on the dream team concept after all the crap AU got about BCW and Tiger Prowl. As far as a fluke season, that's BS and you know it.

Actually, I won't call it even on a Tiger Prowl vs Dream Team comparison. Why not? Because the two are not even remotely similar. Our coaches didn't roll around to high schools in airbrushed buses, stretch hummers and coordinated party shirts. Our coaches' recruiting activities don't lead to NCAA rules that ban such practices.

Bad comparison. Not trying to be mean here, but the leadership at my universities (Georgia and Texas) would never stand for something as trashy as that. It's just not a Georgia/Texas way to pull recruiting ploys like the Tiger Prowl.

Look at this: http://auburn.scout.com/2/965626.html

All that said, I may be an elitist but I'm not an Auburn hater at all. Aside from Fairley -- who I don't like because I don't think that intentionally trying to blow a kid's knee or back out is cool -- I don't have many problems with Auburn. You guys were an awesome football team this season. Auburn won some amazing games and it must have been a great ride for y'all. I'm not one to claim that you're headed for probation and everything else like USC. Congrats on the championship. Did Auburn do some questionable things to get there? Probably. But so does most of the NCAA. You almost HAVE to push the envelope of ethics and bend rules just to stay competitive (oversigning, sketchy recruiting, etc).

Edited by GATX

Actually, I won't call it even on a Tiger Prowl vs Dream Team comparison. Why not? Because the two are not even remotely similar. Our coaches didn't roll around to high schools in airbrushed buses, stretch hummers and coordinated party shirts. Our coaches' recruiting activities don't lead to NCAA rules that ban such practices.

Bad comparison. Not trying to be mean here, but the leadership at my universities (Georgia and Texas) would never stand for something as trashy as that. It's just not a Georgia/Texas way to pull recruiting ploys like the Tiger Prowl.

Look at this: http://auburn.scout.com/2/965626.html

All that said, I may be an elitist but I'm not an Auburn hater at all. Aside from Fairley -- who I don't like because I don't think that intentionally trying to blow a kid's knee or back out is cool -- I don't have many problems with Auburn. You guys were an awesome football team this season. Auburn won some amazing games and it must have been a great ride for y'all. I'm not one to claim that you're headed for probation and everything else like USC. Congrats on the championship. Did Auburn do some questionable things to get there? Probably. But so does most of the NCAA. You almost HAVE to push the envelope of ethics and bend rules just to stay competitive (oversigning, sketchy recruiting, etc).

"I'm not trying to be an eitest but my school is better" hahahaha the leadership at one of your university's was fired for DUI and having panties "bunched" between his legs correct?