Only this teams fans could complain about a pro bowl QB

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Are we seriously going to compare our fan base to one that threw batteries at Santa Claus?

Nope just wiping out the context of the title that "Only this teams fans could complain about a pro bowl QB". Don't get me wrong some of the Matt Ryan hate on here borders on the insane sometimes. But even understanding that we aren't the most diehard(numbers wise) Falcons fans get a bad wrap with people questioning our fanhood.

actually this teams fans dont complain about ryan at all. All the people bickering about ryan are all Eagles fans...so your thread is a little off.

I may have thrown a complaint here or there, that aint an issue neg away. Thing is though if Im going to be accused of hugging the nuts of a former falcon why does it have to be autimatically Vick. Just saying maybe Im a Schaub nut hugger, why are his nutts not hugged as much as Vicks around here. Why?

I may have thrown a complaint here or there, that aint an issue neg away. Thing is though if Im going to be accused of hugging the nuts of a former falcon why does it have to be autimatically Vick. Just saying maybe Im a Schaub nut hugger, why are his nutts not hugged as much as Vicks around here. Why?

The funny thing is most of the felon huggers are the same dopes that were hyping dj shockley after their dog butchers' exile. I'll let you piece together the rest yourself.

Sorry but I have tried to keep a wide berth of these boards for a few days until the pain goes away, but this is crazy. I can't believe all the Ryan hate after one game. Everyone forget the Ravens game so early? Why have so may people turned on him. There are about a thousand factors out of his control which contributed to this loss. People a 13 and 3 QB does not all of a sudden not know how to play anymore. If anything Turner the "Bunsen burner" needs to pull his finger out. When was the last big run he took off on? Why did our bend "over and take it like a biaaaaart€h" don't break defense, treat the Pack like they had some communicable disease and were too scared to go near them? Why didn't Smitty pull both coordinators before half time? Why didn't said coordinators throw their pay checks in, in disgust at their own performances? Why didn't the fans make the dome a graveyard for the Pack? Why didn't Rogers arm fall off from throwing all those completions? When your defense hands the opposition a touchdown every time they take the field your team will lose and lose badly. If your offensive mastermind continues to use a running back to pound the ball when it hasn't worked all game it shuts your passing game down even further. Ryan is our QB, and the best one we have ever had so deal with it. If you don't like it go buy a green #7 Eagles jersey and pi$$ off.

You tell like it is. The first time we have had winning seasons three years in a row and been to the playoffs two of those years with Ryan methodically masterminding the assault on the NFL with one divisional 1st place.

He may not be as exciting as some of our former QBs, but I think he is the most intelligent one. He is reminds me of the former Atlanta pitcher for the Braves (Maddox). You never knew what the next pitch was based on the last pitch.

I've been an avid fan of the Atlanta Falcons since the beginning and I personally think Ryan is the best overall QB and he just has three years of experience. I look forward to see what he will do next year as the Falcons strengthen the team with the draft.

I love the new team and all the coaching staff. Any team can have a bad game.

Charles

There is more evidence to support all of those topics than there is to refute it. It's still an opinion, but it is an opinion that does not have strong support.

I am a real fan. I was born with a gift that allows me to determine the difference between "casual" football fans who don't exactly understand the ins-and-outs of football and then the "real" fans who do.

A "real" fan isn't going to be ignorant enough to undermine the accomplishments that our team has achieved over the course of the past 3 years. A "real" fan will not see negativity in their 3rd year QB being selected over 13 other NFC QB's to represent their conference in the Pro Bowl. A "real" fan isn't going to bash their team all day, every day. Even the persistent Detroit fan base doesn't act nearly as pessimistic as ours does.

This is what I'm getting at! If anyone came to these boards for the first time, they would be excused for thinking that Ryan was actually Ryan Leaf.

Sorry but I have tried to keep a wide berth of these boards for a few days until the pain goes away, but this is crazy. I can't believe all the Ryan hate after one game. Everyone forget the Ravens game so early? Why have so may people turned on him. There are about a thousand factors out of his control which contributed to this loss. People a 13 and 3 QB does not all of a sudden not know how to play anymore. If anything Turner the "Bunsen burner" needs to pull his finger out. When was the last big run he took off on? Why did our bend "over and take it like a biaaaaart€h" don't break defense, treat the Pack like they had some communicable disease and were too scared to go near them? Why didn't Smitty pull both coordinators before half time? Why didn't said coordinators throw their pay checks in, in disgust at their own performances? Why didn't the fans make the dome a graveyard for the Pack? Why didn't Rogers arm fall off from throwing all those completions? When your defense hands the opposition a touchdown every time they take the field your team will lose and lose badly. If your offensive mastermind continues to use a running back to pound the ball when it hasn't worked all game it shuts your passing game down even further. Ryan is our QB, and the best one we have ever had so deal with it. If you don't like it go buy a green #7 Eagles jersey and pi$$ off.

Love the passion. and agree whole heartedly +1

McNabb made the pro-bowl just last year and was traded (after winning multiple playoff games) and is now out of a job..Philly fans flamed him.... Vince Young made the pro-bowl last year and was benched and is now out of a job.. Eli won a SUPER BOWL and made pro bowls and has been on the hot seat..Thread starter needs to stop being so sensitive. I'ts unreasonable to think that Matty is the only pro bowl QB that receives criticism..

Sports Writers all across America has consistantly voted Atlanta Sports Fans and Franchises the WORST as compared to other fans and franchises.

If that's true then we must be right behind them. Not that I'm in any way ashamed...This ain't Green Bay.....we got other stuff that we can do. We're not all married to a bunch of millionaire sports jocks. The fact that we have to kiss their azzezes just to have them in our city irks more residents than you might suspect.

McNabb made the pro-bowl just last year and was traded (after winning multiple playoff games) and is now out of a job..Philly fans flamed him.... Vince Young made the pro-bowl last year and was benched and is now out of a job.. Eli won a SUPER BOWL and made pro bowls and has been on the hot seat..Thread starter needs to stop being so sensitive. I'ts unreasonable to think that Matty is the only pro bowl QB that receives criticism..

Isn't it strange that for years on this board a ProBowl QB was nothing but a glorified popularity contest that had no merit. What changed?

Isn't it strange that for years on this board a ProBowl QB was nothing but a glorified popularity contest that had no merit. What changed?

Well it is a popularity contest.. Nothing wrong with your starting QB being extremly popular though, because that means he's doing something right...It just isn't really a measure of greatness..Post season wins are...

+1 Gotta agree with you again sourdiesel

Why you let the bigot off the hook? Call him out, he was asking for it.

Ive been snooping around this board for over a decade my sole purpose being falcons football, I wasn't about to initiate that kind of debate or call somebody else out on it. Theres enough negativity on here and a topic like that would only lead to lots of hostility.

One thing in this thread strikes me as seriously odd.

The thread starter thinks BVG should be held accountable for the defensive players missing tackles, when BVG was on the sideline at the time, but that Matt Ryan should not be criticized at all for his two awful plays, which he made himself.

I don't get it. Whatever I guess.

AGREED!!

In addition, the "Mike Vick" comparisons/discussions/hatred/etc is BEYOND tired. I was a die hard fan of his, once upon a time, but THAT CHAPTER IN ATLANTA FALCONS HISTORY IS NOW CLOSED...LET IT GO, people!!!

Let's get Ryan a few more weapons on offense and find some solid pieces to improve our defense via the draft and free agency and see what happens next.

TO BE CONTINUED...