Only this teams fans could complain about a pro bowl QB

The Chunk

Sorry but I have tried to keep a wide berth of these boards for a few days until the pain goes away, but this is crazy. I can't believe all the Ryan hate after one game. Everyone forget the Ravens game so early? Why have so may people turned on him. There are about a thousand factors out of his control which contributed to this loss. People a 13 and 3 QB does not all of a sudden not know how to play anymore. If anything Turner the "Bunsen burner" needs to pull his finger out. When was the last big run he took off on? Why did our bend "over and take it like a biaaaaart€h" don't break defense, treat the Pack like they had some communicable disease and were too scared to go near them? Why didn't Smitty pull both coordinators before half time? Why didn't said coordinators throw their pay checks in, in disgust at their own performances? Why didn't the fans make the dome a graveyard for the Pack? Why didn't Rogers arm fall off from throwing all those completions? When your defense hands the opposition a touchdown every time they take the field your team will lose and lose badly. If your offensive mastermind continues to use a running back to pound the ball when it hasn't worked all game it shuts your passing game down even further. Ryan is our QB, and the best one we have ever had so deal with it. If you don't like it go buy a green #7 Eagles jersey and pi$$ off.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

..and you still got a negative for someone. I agree with you 110 percent. It's sad.

Doesn't bother me, people can neg me all they want. At least I put it out there, if they disagree face up and tell me why? I can tell you now there would be a lot of teams who would have fired BVG on the spot for that performance alone. Ryan does not deserve the crap he's copped on here.

I agree Ryan is the man. He's a top flight qb and I put some blame on him for the gb game but it was one game. He helped win 13. I don't agree with bashing the coaches though. The team played solid all year and that's due to the coaches, after re watching most of the gb game, as hard as that was, the players were put in the position to make plays and they either didn't make them or rodgers was flat out on fire. Missed tackles, missed assignments, just coming up short on sacks. I put little to no blame on the coaches that game. We made too many mistakes and got flat out beat

Edited by dudouble

I agree Ryan is the man. He's a top flight qb and I put some blame on him for the gb game but it was one game. He helped win 13. I don't agree with bashing the coaches though. The team played solid all year and that's due to the coaches, after re watching most of the gb game, as hard as that was, the players were put in the position to make plays and they either didn't make them or rodgers was flat out on fire. Missed tackles, missed assignments, just coming up short on sacks. I put little to no blame on the coaches that game. We made too many mistakes and got flat out beat

I see what your saying, but seriously, our D just flat out did not show up. The argument for is that the coaches had the team prepared for all but one game this year but man alive they stunk it up and just completely gave up in that game. But yeah it was a team "effort"? I suppose!

Ryan will remain a solid qb for the Falcons.

Not sure why your fan base seems split at times between the past qb Vick and the present qb Ryan. Vick era has ended a while ago and while Ryan will never be as popular or as entertaining as Vick was, you can't really expect him to be. Vick was on a whole other level when it came to being entertaining and popular (prior to his downfall and his reemergence as an Eagles superstar)

Ryan will remain a solid qb for the Falcons.

Not sure why your fan base seems split at times between the past qb Vick and the present qb Ryan. Vick era has ended a while ago and while Ryan will never be as popular or as entertaining as Vick was, you can't really expect him to be. Vick was on a whole other level when it came to being entertaining and popular (prior to his downfall and his reemergence as an Eagles superstar)

Don't know about superstar. Wait till he gets his payday and you'll see the same old lazy a$$ Gimp. Stinking it up like the lazy turd he is. Right now he's telling all the right people what they want to hear. Give him the cash and watch him sit his usually injured a$$ on the bench.

+1 from me!

Matt Ryan is the least of our concerns. Can he improve? Yes! Did he have a bad game? Yes! But, those whom are questioning his ability to take a solid team to and win the Super Bowl are simply those dudes still carrying resentment from getting cut from their Pop Warner football team or have other childish agendas.

What baffles me is the continued defense of our defensive coaching. Three years--THREE YEARS--now with 4 new starting DB's, 3 new starting LB's and 2 new linemen (9 new starters) in the "process" and the defense I saw against Green Bay was the worst defensive performance in those three years! Indefensible!

Of course the players could have tackled and covered better, but what happened to them by the Packers was more than this...we were completely outcoached and outclassed on both sides of the ball!

Thanks to our only bright spot...Eric Weems!

Atlanta has never had that great of a fanbase. Most of the opinions going around on these boards right now are not really the opinions of "real" fans. I wouldn't put much stock into it. I would advise coming back around October if you want to see how a real fanbase should operate.

Mr. Exploder, could you please explain to me what a real fan is? Also if someone has an opinion that others don't agree with, are they not fans? Do tell

The problem that most people have with Matt is mostly superficial. It's that terrified, deer-in-the-headlights look he has just before the snap. Yes, I would rather have the steely, we're-about-to-kick-your-behind glare of a tom brady or peyton manning than the please-don't-hurt-me look, but it is what it is. Matt is a servicable quarterback that we're going to have for a long time so we may as well get used to it. He will be as good or as bad as the players we put around him.

Ryan had the worst game in the biggest game of his young career. The best thing he can do is blame it all on other players and convince himself that he did the best he could do. But I doubt the media/fans will let that happen.

I still say the problem with the packers game was our defense. Matt must have thought the same as everyone else, that the way the packer offense was moonwalking up and down the field, that we would have to score a touchdown on every possession just to keep up. Hence, the interception just before half. We were down 7 and the packers would start the 2nd half with the ball. Matt knew we had to have a TD and tried to force it. I blame the entire team for giving up because of that though.

My take about this is that fans criticize him and that's what we should be doing. Being critical of our team is not a bad thing nor does it make you less of a fan. Being a blind homer does not make you a better fan. That said, most of the "complainers" are trolls in disguise just stirring the pot. :D

Edited by jhow34

Doesn't bother me, people can neg me all they want. At least I put it out there, if they disagree face up and tell me why? I can tell you now there would be a lot of teams who would have fired BVG on the spot for that performance alone. Ryan does not deserve the crap he's copped on here.

There is no team that would fire a defensive coordinator who just put up the best scoring defense in 24 years, and the best 3 year period for scoring defense in franchise history.

Sorry, it just wouldn't happen.

Sometimes, players just have to make plays.

One thing in this thread strikes me as seriously odd.

The thread starter thinks BVG should be held accountable for the defensive players missing tackles, when BVG was on the sideline at the time, but that Matt Ryan should not be criticized at all for his two awful plays, which he made himself.

I don't get it. Whatever I guess.

Ryan had the worst game in the biggest game of his young career. The best thing he can do is blame it all on other players and convince himself that he did the best he could do. But I doubt the media/fans will let that happen.

Yes, against Green Bay, Matt Ryan was certainly 100% at fault for:

1. Giving up 442 yards of offense.
  2. Getting sacked 5 times.
  3. Getting 48 offensive plays to Green Bay's 69.
  4. Getting the ball for 22:31 to Green Bay's 38.19.
  5. BVG defensive coaching versus Dom Capers.

I think you probably need to work on your QB losing at home to Detroit (with their starting QB on injured reserve)and getting essentially knocked out of the playoffs. Boy, that was impressive! rolleyes.gif

Edited by Quarterback

Actually, that's the WORST thing he could do. And it's not something Matt does. I'm sure he's already watched plenty of film of those two inexcusable decisions and will learn from them. He said he wanted to cut down his mental mistakes in his third year, and he did that. Now, he needs to (somehow) apply it to the postseason.

I just don't understand how people seem to believe that we never had a shot in the game. If not for the pick at the end of the half we could have gone into halftime down by 7 or even 4. And for anyone who keeps up with any kind of football, that means a completely different game, period, from a play calling and confidence perspective. Also maybe the fans, who surprisingly made up what seemed to be like only 50% of the games attendance, would've kept the intensity up and given us some semblance of home field advantage. I mean it blew my mind when I heard how clear and overpowering the "Kuhn" chants were in our own building O_o. All-in-all it was a nasty pick but every QB in the league has had one of those, i.e. Brees' shovel pass to DeCoud in Week 3. They are horrible decisions but you move on from them. **** if teams began judging their QBs based on a few bad decisions there wouldn't be any left.

There is no team that would fire a defensive coordinator who just put up the best scoring defense in 24 years, and the best 3 year period for scoring defense in franchise history...because the offense led the league in offensive plays averaging a league low 5 yards per play while the defense saw the 29th fewest play in the NFL and played a soft zone, often with a three man rush, to make it take longer to score. Unfortunately, however, said defense could almost never stop a team in the 4th quarter from driving the length of the field to score to tie or go ahead, only to be bailed out by Matt Ryan's led offense and Matt Bryant.

Sorry, it just wouldn't happen.

Sometimes, players just have to make plays.

Fixed to include all factors!

Actually, that's the WORST thing he could do. And it's not something Matt does. I'm sure he's already watched plenty of film of those two inexcusable decisions and will learn from them. He said he wanted to cut down his mental mistakes in his third year, and he did that. Now, he needs to (somehow) apply it to the postseason.

I was going to post the EXACT same thing.

But then I saw it was a Bucs fan who I was going to respond to and didn't want to waste my time.

"I just don't understand how people seem to believe that we never had a shot in the game. If not for the pick at the end of the half we could have gone into halftime down by 7 or even 4. And for anyone who keeps up with any kind of football, that means a completely different game, period, from a play calling and confidence perspective."

Certainly the Ryan interception was a setback, but come on! We were down 14 points (two scores) with over a half to play and any team worthy of a Super Bowl can overcome this. New York was down 24-0, and the Bears were down 14-0, then 21-7 in the 4th quarter yet both teams made a finish out of it! How? Defense!

Our defense, with BVG's 9 new starters since he took over as DC, was unprepared from the beginning, outclassed, out hustled, and out coached throughout the game. BVG looked clusless on the sideline!