RYAN PLEASE STAY IN THE WEIGHT ROOM!

cp falcon596

Short range passes look good and medium range is decent, but your passes 25+ yards SUCK BIG TIME. NO ZIP with to much air on the ball. Work on that Matty Ice and you will deliver to your fans a more explosive offense that will when PLAYOFF GAMES. Every year the last four teams left all have QBs with undoubtably cannons for arms. BEEF UP AND WE WILL WIN.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Short range passes look good and medium range is decent, but your passes 25+ yards SUCK BIG TIME. NO ZIP with to much air on the ball. Work on that Matty Ice and you will deliver to your fans a more explosive offense that will when PLAYOFF GAMES. Every year the last four teams left all have QBs with undoubtably cannons for arms. BEEF UP AND WE WILL WIN.

Uhhh .........yea ........ :wacko:

Uhhh .........yea ........ :wacko:

I normally meg anyone bashing Ryan, but op has a valid point. I'd be willing to bet that even matty ryan would agree that he needs to with on his upper body strength. Ryan cab get the ball down field, just not with the accuracy he or us would like.

last season we kept hearing abbott Ryan watching tape of the leagues better qb's in order to limit hid mental mistakes.the results we him throwing career low interceptions. I'd be willing to net that his goal for this off season is to work on his strength and conditioning.

ignore any grammatical mistakes. I'm at the olive garden reading while waiting for my food.

Article, May 7th 2010

Robinson also gushed about his new quarterback and said that he and Matt Ryan have an unspoken, friendly competition going on.

"I've never seen a quarterback put in as much work as he has these past six weeks," Robinson said, as he mentioned that it also made him work even harder to see Ryan's work ethic. "We don't talk about it much, but I'm watching him and he's watching me to see who's the last one in the weight room."

Article, May 7th 2010

Robinson also gushed about his new quarterback and said that he and Matt Ryan have an unspoken, friendly competition going on.

"I've never seen a quarterback put in as much work as he has these past six weeks," Robinson said, as he mentioned that it also made him work even harder to see Ryan's work ethic. "We don't talk about it much, but I'm watching him and he's watching me to see who's the last one in the weight room."

Well, that just about covers it.

Article, May 7th 2010

This article was in may of last year and what results did we get?

PokerPro brought up a point about him studying film and limiting mistakes? he accomplished that but in the process limited the plays down-field in order to get to that point. That's like doing nothing but lifting weights to get stronger but you end up losing overall speed during the process. He needs to be able to not make mistakes AND not be afraid to take chances down field.

Every year the last four teams left all have QBs with undoubtably cannons for arms. BEEF UP AND WE WILL WIN.

Like Drew Brees last year?

2002 NFC Champions Bucs -- Brad Johnson didn't have a cannon

2002 AFC Champions Raiders -- Rich Gannon?

2005 AFC Broncos/Steelers -- Jake Plummer?

2008 AFC Chargers/Pats -- Phillips Rivers?

2009 NFC Cards/Eagles - Kurt Warner, always a nice ball but not a canon.

Not saying Matt Ryan shouldn't focus on improving but the "canon and we'll win" is a bit of an overstatement.

Gates. V Jax, and Floyd are beasts... sone of the best deep threats at thier position... it also helps the OC call a deep ball every 5th play

Looks like our problems are the skill players and offensive scheme then. Matt Ryan isn't the problem.

Like Drew Brees last year?

2002 NFC Champions Bucs -- Brad Johnson didn't have a cannon

2002 AFC Champions Raiders -- Rich Gannon?

2005 AFC Broncos/Steelers -- Jake Plummer?

2008 AFC Chargers/Pats -- Phillips Rivers?

2009 NFC Cards/Eagles - Kurt Warner, always a nice ball but not a canon.

Not saying Matt Ryan shouldn't focus on improving but the "canon and we'll win" is a bit of an overstatement.

I Agree it is an overstatement in general, but not for Matt Ryan an the Falcons. I understand that there are always exemptions, but I do believe that it is that simple.

This ish is soooo tired. His arm is fine. It's the scheme. It helps when you actually have a receiver downfield to catch the ball.

He hurt MJ12 with an underthrow in preseason. Could not get it MJ12 in the playoffs. He underthrew MJ12 Monday Night @ da Aints. I can keep going but I am starting to believe that yall cant see any wrong in Matt Ryan. I like Matt Ryan a lot, but he needs to increase his arm strength. Its not the playcaller.

Arm strength is not derived from beefing up. It comes from mechanics. Brady Quinn is ripped yet he can't throw deep with any amount of accuracy yet Drew Brees won't win any strength contests but he can lob it down field and hit his target almost every time.

What Ryan needs is a QB coach who will make him stop throwing off his back foot and step into his passes and not to spend night and day in the weight room.

Yeah i agree Ryan has the Brains but he is god awful throwing over 25 yds. He would have more explosive plays to Roddy also.

Arm strength is not derived from beefing up. It comes from mechanics. Brady Quinn is ripped yet he can't throw deep with any amount of accuracy yet Drew Brees won't win any strength contests but he can lob it down field and hit his target almost every time.

What Ryan needs is a QB coach who will make him stop throwing off his back foot and step into his passes and not to spend night and day in the weight room.

THANK YOU. Bicep/tricep/shoulder size/strength has nothing to do with how hard you can throw a ball. It's the same with baseball pitchers. Notice they don't have beig arms yet throw really hard. You have to stretch out your arm via long toss which takes time and some people have limits to how far and hard they can throw. Good mechanics can help you reach your full potential also.

This article was in may of last year and what results did we get?

PokerPro brought up a point about him studying film and limiting mistakes? he accomplished that but in the process limited the plays down-field in order to get to that point. That's like doing nothing but lifting weights to get stronger but you end up losing overall speed during the process. He needs to be able to not make mistakes AND not be afraid to take chances down field.

There's more to down the field success than simply lifting weights.

Ryan is the reason we will never win a SB (how 'bot just a playoff game) as long as he is here. PERIOD. Stack the line, stop the run, make us throw underneath (cause he can't throw deep - unless in PRACTICE; we heard; but the NFL is not practice); tackle or intercept. FALCONS LOSE.

Your felon hero never led us to a super bowl either, you dimwit. It's like you TRY to be ******** just to see how much attention you can get. Hang yourself.

What do you guys think. Compare Ryan's strenght to Montana and Young. Wouldn't you say he's already in that category as far a arm goes? I'm not talking results, technique, or consistency. This is a thread about arm strenght.

There is something to be said for throwing a "catchable" ball. We had a QB who could throw lasers all over the field, but a WR with Pro Bowl talent couldn't hang on to them. Is White better. Sure he is. However, Ryan's ball is much easier to catch. Some guys wait until they see an open receiver and zip the ball in. Other guys anticipate the game and get the ball out early.

I'll take the guy who anticipates the break and throws the ball to the spot over they guy who waits to see the WR make the break every time.

Will Ryan ever get burned because a DB fools him? Sure he will. They all do. That isn't a lack of arm strength, that is just a DB winning the play. That happens to the guys with laser arms too.

Ryan is not perfect. I don't mind this debate at all. It is something he can work on. However, if his timing gets better with his WRs on the deep ball, that will mean more than him throwing the ball harder with a flatter trajectory imho.

There's more to down the field success than simply lifting weights.

Never said that that's why I brought up the comparison of someone only building on strength and losing speed in the process. He can work on strength but he needs work on his mechanics as well, probably even more so than get stronger in my opinion.

However with having those two things down packed it still comes back to god given ability. Some got it some don't.