Chad Greenway

freebird310

he's a FA and a solid 4-3 OLBer .....I think we got to get one more good LBer on this team, Petersons about done, I think Nicholas is a FA ( who I assume we resign for sure ) , but even so, we need one more good one, at least until Spoon shows he can stay on the field ......maybe we should look at this guy ......

This guy has been an under-the-radar gem for a few seasons now. All of the outside linebackers that get love are 3-4 guys, but this guy is one of the more complete defenders in the league; coverage, solid tackling, he does it all. I don't know what kind of realistic shot TD has at getting him, but he's an instant upgrade over the tough, grizzled Peterson and would make Atlanta one of those most well-rounded linebacking corps in the league.

This guy has been an under-the-radar gem for a few seasons now. All of the outside linebackers that get love are 3-4 guys, but this guy is one of the more complete defenders in the league; coverage, solid tackling, he does it all. I don't know what kind of realistic shot TD has at getting him, but he's an instant upgrade over the tough, grizzled Peterson and would make Atlanta one of those most well-rounded linebacking corps in the league.

You got any idea what it might take to sign him ? .....

Honestly, no, I don't know what it would take to sign him. I don't know his affinity for Minnesota or what kind of money he is looking for, or even if TD would be in the market for a FA linebacker, especially with worrying about the money he's going to have to put out to keep Clabo or Dahl then add a receiver or end.

I do believe that Atlanta has a few things working in its favor, though. They have the spector of being a team on the verge and I don't know that there's going to be a huge market for a pure 4-3 outside linebacker, which is something of a dying breed.

The Giants will be interested, Denver is going back to a 4-3, Philly needs help with their corp, the Rams and then maybe the Titans and Bucs.

Beyond that, another plus is that the design of the Viking defense is similar to what the Falcons run. A lot of the run action is filtered to the linebackers and there's heavy coverage responsibilities which he was really good at. He'd be a welcomed sight in my book.

Honestly, no, I don't know what it would take to sign him. I don't know his affinity for Minnesota or what kind of money he is looking for, or even if TD would be in the market for a FA linebacker, especially with worrying about the money he's going to have to put out to keep Clabo or Dahl then add a receiver or end.

I do believe that Atlanta has a few things working in its favor, though. They have the spector of being a team on the verge and I don't know that there's going to be a huge market for a pure 4-3 outside linebacker, which is something of a dying breed.

The Giants will be interested, Denver is going back to a 4-3, Philly needs help with their corp, the Rams and then maybe the Titans and Bucs.

Beyond that, another plus is that the design of the Viking defense is similar to what the Falcons run. A lot of the run action is filtered to the linebackers and there's heavy coverage responsibilities which he was really good at. He'd be a welcomed sight in my book.

Absolutely, and great analysis on Greenway...also, I agree, Atlanta is going to be a very attractive locale for this years FA's , (if there is a this year )...a team on the cusp, with a great owner who wants to win, a player friendly coach, and an international warm weather city with a dome ....what is not to like ? .....