Roger Goodell: Moving Pro Bowl to week before SB will generate more interest

it's football, you know how long I worked to time out plays so that right when the reciver was at that point where he's reaching for the ball completly defensless my shoulder shows up at his rib cage. The game is ment to be brutal the hits are ment to be big, I spent 9 years being coached to make sure no reciver wanted to come over the middle and make a defenseless catch in front of me. It's the recivers and quarterbacks job to make sure they are never in that situations or if they are they can hear to footsteps and get out of there. It's not the defenders job to care that you are defenseless it's your job to make sure you arent in that position, bascialy the art of hitting in football is being taken out, soon goodelle will implement 2 hand touch.

The probowl is never good unless Michael Vick plays in it. Because hes an exciting player to watch.

Just come out and say what we all know to be true...

You masturbate over a picture of Mike Vick and it's the only thing that gets you turned on anymore... you love him..

The next time you see him you will say..

"We need you. ****, I need you. I'm a mess without ya. I miss you so **** much. I miss being with you. I miss being near you! I miss your laugh! I miss I miss your scent. I miss your musk. When this all gets sorted out, I think you and me should get an apartment together."

Masturbate isn't censored but h3ll is??

Edited by kane#7

Goodell is just a front man for the NFL whether you like it or not. The NFL has high standards by the way even if your favorite gangsta playa gets suspended for beating his wife. They have learned from the mistakes made by the NBA. Don't be a fool. The OWNERS run the league. So basically what I am saying is.. this isn't about Roger Goodell, it's about the OWNERS!!. Goodell is just their hand picked boy. Wake the eff up. The OWNERS call the shot's and I can assure you that when the collective bargaining aggreement comes down it will be in their favor.

Mike_nagra.... Big Ben was suspended for six weeks on alleged accusations. What is your point?.. What is your argument?.. Pretty even handed wouldn't you think? Like I said you fool, the OWNERS run the league.

that's not fair or even handed and I don't care that they SAID it was a 6 game suspension in reality it was only 4 games, a fair suspension for something of that nature would be at least a full season if not a season plus, rape is in my oppion the worst crime you can commit, but he didn't have to face up to his actions he didn't have to suffer at all in fact he got a slap on the wrist and put back in there, if I went to Atlanta raped a 14 year old I'm pretty sure the reprecusion would be worse than missing 4 NFL games, but yeah he got fair punishment... :rolleyes:

that's not fair or even handed and I don't care that they SAID it was a 6 game suspension in reality it was only 4 games, a fair suspension for something of that nature would be at least a full season if not a season plus, rape is in my oppion the worst crime you can commit, but he didn't have to face up to his actions he didn't have to suffer at all in fact he got a slap on the wrist and put back in there, if I went to Atlanta raped a 14 year old I'm pretty sure the reprecusion would be worse than missing 4 NFL games, but yeah he got fair punishment... :rolleyes:

I can't tell if you're trolling or just really, really stupid.

and I'll say again. This thread is about Goodell, and I'm saying he is a lackey, a front man, the OWNERS run the league. What is it that you do not understand about this? Big Ben has NOTHING to do with this argument. YOU are on a TANGENT.

hmm I was under the impression that the commisioner was in charge of suspensions, and it's his job to hold players to a UNIFORM policy of conduct, but I guess that has nothing to do with goodelle...

the guys already taking hitting out of football if he lets the owners lock the players out he's a total failure.

hmm I was under the impression that the commisioner was in charge of suspensions, and it's his job to hold players to a UNIFORM policy of conduct, but I guess that has nothing to do with goodelle...

the guys already taking hitting out of football if he lets the owners lock the players out he's a total failure.

The OWNERS, hired and appointed Goodell at his position. Do not believe for 1 second that they are not pulling the strings on their puppet. THINK ABOUT IT! This is bigger than the TITLE that Roger Goodell holds. Not trying to be hateful, but why is this so shocking or hard to understand?

I never argued that he was or not a puppet, I'm just saying that the decisions he's made to change the NFL have all been terrible and are hurting the game...

at the end of the day he's hired by the owners but his job is to have the best intrest of the game and he's not doing his job right now.

I hear you Mike.. I'm just saying that these are NOT HIS DECISIONS. He's the company appointed enforcer if you will. What I'm saying is not really an original idea by the way.

Hey, nice discussion guys, thanks. I actually didn't realize I was in the vast minority on two things: One, that the Pro Bowl isn't very interesting to many of you, and Two, that many of you don't seem to mind the change. Here's my two cent take on the whole thing...

I've always liked the Pro Bowl as an anticlimax. An NFL football season to me has always been like a good book, with the Super Bowl being it's climax. And like any good literature, there must be an anticlimax afterward. For me (a lifelong Falcon fan), it has always been about that last chance to see my boys play. Personally, I want to see my guys for the last time AFTER all the Super Bowl hoopla. Pro Bowl week used to include weeklong competitions, interviews, etc. Now that is all overshadowed by the upcoming Super Bowl. There seems to be no interest whatsoever.

It also seems that more players opt out these last two years. Obviously the SB participants don't play, but I think a lot of the Championship Game losers are not mentally/emotionally ready to play again so soon, especially an exhibition, so THEY opt out as well. At least the week after SB, more guys have had time to process their recent losses and decide to go ahead and play that last game with their peers. Last year David Garrard was on the AFC roster for crying out loud, there were so many dropouts. I see where one poster liked the idea of more fringe players making it, but those aren't the guys that were actually voted in. By default, we get players who might be third or fourth alternates. That's just sad.

To those who want football during the "off" week, I say that I've always watched the Senior Bowl this weekend, then wondered who we might pick up. The Senior Bowl always held my interest during this weekend; now it has competition. Our own coaching staff has been hampered in it's Senior Bowl attendance (I know TD is there, but I'd rather Smitty and Co be there as well instead of coaching the NFC Pro Bowlers this week).

Just some things to think about. And by the way, this move (made worse last year by not even having it in Hawaii; at least it's back to where players want to go this year) was totally Robber Baddell's suggestion and doing. Sure, he can't just do it himself, he needed some sort of owner/player approval, but he basically pushed it through. No, I don't have any "link", I just remember this reported a few years ago when the change was announced. It was TOTALLY his idea.

Edited by Falconcheff