What is more important Regular Season of Post Season wins?

Aria7

32 members have voted

1. 1. Would you rather have the falcons be 7-9 and win the Super Bowl or be 16-0 and lose their first playoff game?

• I'd rather have the team win the Super Bowl with a losing record.
    • I would rather have a Perfect winning regular season but be one and done in the playoffs.
  2. 2. What is more important, lets say in a 10 year span: Consistantly winning in the regular season but no Super Bowls or being inconsistant BUT winning a Super Bowl or 2?

• Winning consistanly in the regular season with NO Super Bowls.
    • I would rather have the team win a Super Bowl or 2 even if it means having losing seasons.
  3. 3. Who is MORE at fault for losing the Green Bay game: Coaching Staff or Players?

For me the post season is more important. I would rather have the Falcons win a couple of Super Bowls and have a few losing seasons than win constantly in the regular season only to come up short in the playoffs. Last but not least I think the coaching staff is MORE at fault than the players.

PS

For all of you who want the obvious choices of having both a winning season and a Super Bowl, get over yourselves. This poll does not pertain to the obvious but rather choices with sacrifice.

Edited by Aria7

For me the post season is more important. I would rather have the Falcons win a couple of Super Bowls and have a few losing seasons than win constantly in the regular season only to come up short in the playoffs. Last but not least I think the coaching staff is MORE at fault than the players.

1) A team making the playoffs at 7-9 has only happened once in NFL history, it likely won't happen again for a very long time.

2) I would rather win consistently and be in a position to make the super bowl than have losing seasons with ZERO chance to make it to the big stage.

3) Stop talking about the Green Bay game. It was everybody's fault.

Have a nice day

The title of this thread should be:

How T F do you get a playoff win if you don't win enough regular season games to get to the playoffs?

No it should not be that. If I made another thread it could be "WTF is the point of making the playoffs to be one and done and to live in the quagmire of mediocrity of being good in the regular season?"

But that title would be too long. :D

I really don't care HOW we get in the playoffs, as long as we win playoffs games, and the superbowl.

Absolutely. I could have added the obvious answers like having a great regular season and great post season or that both the staff and players are somewhat at fault here.

But why point to the obvious? There seems to be a dichotomy on this board between the homers who think the coaches did right but there is a lack of talent and/or execution by the players or people like me, who think that the players did what they are told, and that the game plan was obvious and played into the hands of their opponent.

Sure there is some fault from the other side, but that is a matter of degree.

No one is going to be perfect. Both the players and coaches will make mistakes. Just seems that the players are asked to adjust if they are executing poorly but the coaches are not when they are coaching poorly.

That is the double standard I see anyway.

Edited by Aria7

A team has to be good in the regular season to get to the playoffs (except in the NFC West) in the NFL. Look at the 2010 season and turn one of the wins against the Bucs, Baltimore and the Packers games into losses and the Falcons would have not been in the playoffs.

I understand that. But being good in the regular season is a waste if you can not ADAPT for the playoffs. In the playoffs you can not be just "good enough" to get there. No second chances. You can not afford to lose and do the same thing hoping what worked in the regular season will work in the post season.

In the playoffs ALL THE TEAMS are good. They ALL HAD GOOD REGULAR SEASONS or in Seahawks case, good enough.

The playoffs have been about adapting, adjusting and being creative and NOT being complacent.

Your text shows the complacency of being fine with a winning regular season.

Seriously??? These polls are so ridiculous. Why would u be content with just a winning season? What's the point of playing if u don't want to have the top championship?

If you read my post in this thread you would have saw that I purposely omitted the obvious. Of course its better to have a winning regular season AND win the super bowl.

This poll is geared toward those who fancy regular season victories in comparison to winning in the playoffs.

"...a 7-9 team won a playoff game and a 13-3 team got demolished after a bye."Still just pisses me off to think about this!angry.gif

One thing you guys keep glossing over.

The 13-3 regular season guarantees a 1-0 record in Round One.

I'll take that over a 12-4 record and a post season embarrassment in Round One against a 7-9 team like NO had. Any questions?

A first round bye is the first step. Only eight teams got one. We were one of em. First time in six years.

Do it again next year and win in the playoffs. That 0-2 record could go to 3-2 in a hurry. As fast as the microwave generation wants. Trust me.

One thing you guys keep glossing over.

The 13-3 season guarantees a 1-0 record in Round One.

I'll take that over a 12-4 record and a post season embarrassment in Round One against a 7-9 team like NO had. Any questions?

A first round bye is the first step. Only eight four teams got one. We were one.

Do it again next year and win in the playoffs. That 0-2 record could go to 3-2 in a hurry. As fast as the microwave generation wants. Faster.

Other than that I agree.

How is the question loaded? Just give your answer.

Loaded question - A loaded question is a question which contains a controversial assumption such as a presumption of guilt.Such questions are used rhetorically, so that the question limits direct replies to be those that serve the questioner's agenda.

There's not a fan here that wouldn't take a Super Bowl however it comes. You know that. You just want to rail against a 13-3 season that ended disappointingly. Trust me, you aren't the only one disaapointed, and you aren't the only one that wants more. But there's nothing wrong in taking solace in the accomplishment of 13-3. It's not easy to win anything in the National Football League.

Loaded question - A loaded question is a question which contains a controversial assumption such as a presumption of guilt.Such questions are used rhetorically, so that the question limits direct replies to be those that serve the questioner's agenda.

There's not a fan here that wouldn't take a Super Bowl however it comes. You know that. You just want to rail against a 13-3 season that ended disappointingly. Trust me, you aren't the only one disaapointed, and you aren't the only one that wants more. But there's nothing wrong in taking solace in the accomplishment of 13-3. It's not easy to win anything in the National Football League.

HOW is it a loaded question? I did not ask what a loaded question was.

Obviously you did not read my post pertaining to the poll:

PS

For all of you who want the obvious choices of having both a winning season and a Super Bowl, get over yourselves. This poll does not pertain to the obvious but rather choices with sacrifice

As for solace; I do not take solace in the fact that the falcons had their *sses kicked, at home, with a huge crowd, in front of a national audience with a golden opportunity to win.

Do you honestly think it is going to get any easier than what the falcons had this year?

What are the chances they get 1st seed with home field advantage throughout the playoffs?

There really is no improving on the regular season anymore.

No more excuses after this season of just trying to qualify.

As a fan I am so sick of the excuses year in and year out and the "wait until next season" remarks.

Will you say the same after that?

I read your initial post, I was talking about the question you asked with the "thread title". And it is a "loaded question".

Did you read the rest of my post? No excuses. No it's not going to get easier. Yes, it may be a wasted opportunity. Didn't disagree with any of that.

If you don't want to take any sort of solace in how remarkable 13-3 is, then that's your right. And if you want to keep posting about what the Falcons aren't then that's fine. No reason to the fact that it is a "process" putting together a winning organization from scratch get in the way of your perception that it isn't. You are labeling a team with a moniker that's synonymous with decades of playoff failure after two shots. Two shots against teams that went on to play in the Super Bowl.

I'll let you have at it.

I read your initial post, I was talking about the question you asked with the "thread title". And it is a "loaded question".

Did you read the rest of my post? No excuses. No it's not going to get easier. Yes, it may be a wasted opportunity. Didn't disagree with any of that.

If you don't want to take any sort of solace in how remarkable 13-3 is, then that's your right. And if you want to keep posting about what the Falcons aren't then that's fine. No reason to the fact that it is a "process" putting together a winning organization from scratch get in the way of your perception that it isn't. You are labeling a team with a moniker that's synonymous with decades of playoff failure after two shots. Two shots against teams that went on to play in the Super Bowl.

I'll let you have at it.

Well, I have posted plenty of favorable things about the falcons BEFORE the debacle. Am I supposed to be upbeat and be favorably subjective towards the team all the time?

Also, just so you know, many of those posts were PRIOR to the falcons going 13-3. What I am doing is a REACTION to all the complacency of the homers that believe no matter what and are putting the blame on the players.

Why is it alright to put the blame on the people working their *sses off but when I direct it towards those who ARE responsible than I am a debbie downer.

Also, you keep saying it was a loaded question and showing what a loaded question is but not how my post is loaded?

The thread is a series of POLLS and not a single rhetorical question. I had to give this thread a title and I used to question to gain interest with the polls.

The questionS in the poll are NOT loaded because there is NO right answer to the questions. The polls reflect opinion and not if people are wrong or right with their opinion.

It's not one of these polls where it says "Do you like X?"

A You like X because you are smart.

B You hate X because you are stupid.

That would be rhetorical.

A loaded question would be "Are you real fan that wants the falcons to win the Super Bowl?".

With both answers I gave the viewers the option to accept an outcome with some type of downside to it.

It was a matter of personal preference to what they were willing to get in comparison to what they were willing to lose.

That was the point.

So it is NOT loaded.

Edited by Aria7