TD On NFL Sirius Radio today

whitekb011

I think Kendricks has a chance to be similar to Hernandez. I don't see the downside on him. He's a very good athlete for a TE, and could really threaten the whole field, and he's good after the catch.

He is a better blocker then Hernandez but not nearly as athletic .... He is a good TE tho

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't we already draft a back-up center last year? Hawley right?

Why would we draft another center?

Look at what Pouncey did for PIT this year and what Hawley did for us.

thats why.

if you can get an absolute stud for now and the future...it is never a bad idea, especially not on the lines.

I think Center is the most important position on the line. right up there with LT anyways.

I will say though, for TD to use a 4th on a OC (which is somewhat high) he has intentions of him being a starter.

Pouncey would not play tackle for us. He played guard his junior year while his brother played center. This year, he moved to center while his brother moved on to the NFL to be a probowl center his rookie year.

I think we leave the left side alone, and bring in Pouncey to play Center, move Clabo to RG, and bring Reynolds up to play RT. We still have Johnson and the other OL guy we drafted last year for depth.

This would help our problem against big DLs. Blalock 330, Pouncey 315, clabo 330. Our interior line is significantly improved. I do not think we have a shot at the RT from BC. That guy is a monster.

It's hard for me to imagine us counting on Reynolds at RT. I had high hopes for him but hasn't played much his first two years. Who knows mayble the coaching staff has seen something we haven't.

like i said over and over (but it doesnt sink in)

you dont move a pro bowl OT to OG, and replace him with an unknown. When I guy cant cut it as an OT, he moves to OG.

This isnt like Madden when you move a OT rated 85 to OG and he is a 93, so it is a 'good move'

OT is more critical than OG, period.

If we move Clabo anywhere, it will be to LT.

Look at what Pouncey did for PIT this year and what Hawley did for us.

thats why.

if you can get an absolute stud for now and the future...it is never a bad idea, especially not on the lines.

I think Center is the most important position on the line. right up there with LT anyways.

I will say though, for TD to use a 4th on a OC (which is somewhat high) he has intentions of him being a starter.

Timeout... How can u compare a guy who was asked to play to a guy who wasnt asked to play...lol.. thats crazy.

TD is very high on Hawley... He said the guy remind him of a Mankins type player... Ive heard the Coaching Staff is very impressed with him also.

you dont move a pro bowl OT to OG, and replace him with an unknown. When I guy cant cut it as an OT, he moves to OG.

This isnt like Madden when you move a OT rated 85 to OG and he is a 93, so it is a 'good move'

Clabo is not moving positions.. It doesnt make sense for him (he gets paid more at RT ) or for the team he plays for... A team will pay him allot of money if he hits FA... Thats why the Marcus Gilbert thing makes allot of sense

Clabo is not moving positions.. It doesnt make sense for him (he gets paid more at RT ) or for the team he plays for... A team will pay him allot of money if he hits FA... Thats why the Marcus Gilbert thing makes allot of sense

I love Clabo, do not get me wrong, we need to make changes on our OL. I also love McClure, but having said that, McClure is long in the tooth, Hawley was drafted as a guard to play center.

By moving Clabo down, you eliminate the athletic issues he has against speed rushers and quick twitch DEs. Reynolds is 6-7 and has a huge wing span. I don't know if Reynolds can take over.

With regard to Clabo being a Pro-Bowler -- He was added after peters canclled, so like in all incentive laiden contracts, you have to be voted into the probowl on inital ballot to get paid on that incentive.

Our right side of the line is a problem... Where we draft, I don't think we get a good LT and baker is serviceable.

I love Clabo, do not get me wrong, we need to make changes on our OL. I also love McClure, but having said that, McClure is long in the tooth, Hawley was drafted as a guard to play center.

By moving Clabo down, you eliminate the athletic issues he has against speed rushers and quick twitch DEs. Reynolds is 6-7 and has a huge wing span. I don't know if Reynolds can take over.

With regard to Clabo being a Pro-Bowler -- He was added after peters canclled, so like in all incentive laiden contracts, you have to be voted into the probowl on inital ballot to get paid on that incentive.

Our right side of the line is a problem... Where we draft, I don't think we get a good LT and baker is serviceable.

Clabo had a probowl season... He was a 1st alternate meaning.... He just missed making the probowl... Clabo will leave before he goes to G... It wouldnt make sense for him business wise... The guy is a probowler and will make RT money.

Hawley played half of his college career at Center and half at guard.... He was looked at as a Center from us and most teams (ive heard last year)

Clabo had a probowl season... He was a 1st alternate meaning.... He just missed making the probowl... Clabo will leave before he goes to G... It wouldnt make sense for him business wise... The guy is a probowler and will make RT money.

Hawley played half of his college career at Center and half at guard.... He was looked at as a Center from us and most teams (ive heard last year)

Am I the only one here who would be somewhat dubious at this point of Hawley becoming our starting center ? ...... :mellow:

Does anyone else think valdez off the pratice squad is a good replacement for harvey or any of the others becoming a free agent or is he bust? Me personally looking at preseason he looke to be a solid guard...

I agree about Valdez ..he is a keeper wether if he becomes a starter or just a back up, he is pretty good ...I am grateful he didnt get picked up off the PS, I look for him to make the regular roster next year, I think he has a place in our plans .....

I agree about Valdez ..he is a keeper wether if he becomes a starter or just a back up, he is pretty good ...I am grateful he didnt get picked up off the PS, I look for him to make the regular roster next year, I think he has a place in our plans .....

He looked good at LT in the last PS game.I could see him push for Dahl's spot.He's a beeg boy.Hard to tell what we got at OL depth since everyone stayed healthy.Guess we'll find out if they don't resign the right side.

thank god someone else see's this.

Clabo will not be an OG. PERIOD.

Even if the staff wanted him to, he would go elsewhere then.

Like I said, if he made ANY moves it would be the staff seeing if he could handle LT.

He will most likely be out RT, with maybe a mid round rookie brought in to compete w Baker.

Speaking of Baker, can you believe he actually got a vote for All Pro tackle?! He and Clabo each got one vote.

Timeout... How can u compare a guy who was asked to play to a guy who wasnt asked to play...lol.. thats crazy.

TD is very high on Hawley... He said the guy remind him of a Mankins type player... Ive heard the Coaching Staff is very impressed with him also.

I am not saying Hawley isnt gonna be good.

But if we had Pouncey he would have started from day one. He is already better than McClure. And I like McClure.

I am not saying Hawley isnt gonna be good.

But if we had Pouncey he would have started from day one. He is already better than McClure. And I like McClure.

it doesnt matter because the guy was picked before our pick... I think Maurkice Pouncey is going to be a great center... I also think he is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy better then his brother... His brother is a lil over-rated to me.

Agree with all. Clabo, if memory serves me correctly was originally scouted to play guard in the NFL. The move from a football perspective makes sense. From a business side, how do we get a better at OL and still have enough money to pay for the skill positions we need to get (WR, CB, TE...)?

I just don't see how, or if we want to, keep all 3 of the OL FA. I think a lock is Blalock, believe his better years are ahead of him (Dependable too). Clabo I think we could keep, but is he really worth RT money. I just think if Reynolds is ready to take on Right tackle or even Will S. then we move him down to RG (if acceptable) and draft Pouncey for center.

I don't know if this is a viable solution, but I think we all know something needs to be done on the OL. Over the past 3 years, the teams we strugle with are the 3-4 teams in general. The GB front dominated us in the playoffs we have to make changes.

I understand where you are coming from, but if you think Clabo can play LT, you have lost your mind.

Agree with all. Clabo, if memory serves me correctly was originally scouted to play guard in the NFL. The move from a football perspective makes sense. From a business side, how do we get a better at OL and still have enough money to pay for the skill positions we need to get (WR, CB, TE...)?

I just don't see how, or if we want to, keep all 3 of the OL FA. I think a lock is Blalock, believe his better years are ahead of him (Dependable too). Clabo I think we could keep, but is he really worth RT money. I just think if Reynolds is ready to take on Right tackle or even Will S. then we move him down to RG (if acceptable) and draft Pouncey for center.

I don't know if this is a viable solution, but I think we all know something needs to be done on the OL. Over the past 3 years, the teams we strugle with are the 3-4 teams in general. The GB front dominated us in the playoffs we have to make changes.

Except instead of being 1st alternate, he'd become a perennial pro-bowler at guard. That makes plenty of business sense.

Baker doesn't have the goods at LT. Make him a RT and he'll be stellar. Keep him and LT and we'll keep seeing Ryan get hit in the back, pressured and forced to throw sooner than he wants and shorter than he wants.

There will be very viable options at LT in this draft and in the 20's. We may have to trade up to get Derrick Sherrod but he'd be exactly what we need at LT. Re-sign Blalock, get Hawley in there and then you'd have Clabo at RG or whoever if he wanted to walk and then Baker at RT--where he's much better suited...

We are looking at way to many RT's for the staff to think Reynolds is the future at RT... ... Reynolds has played some RG pretty good.

But yea.. it just seem like we are gearing up to possibly lose Clabo in FA

Pro Bowler or not, the thing it seemed like everyone was dissing us on this year was size. If we can protential get bigger up front, why not try?

Also, we need to see how much Clabo wants and if he would move or not. I am sure that is one of the first things on TD's agenda as soon as the CBA is figured out.

The mass scouting for O-lineman could also be an insurance policy for the team. Just incase people want too much money, or the CBA adds somthing crazy, etc.

Smart move IMO.

Except instead of being 1st alternate, he'd become a perennial pro-bowler at guard. That makes plenty of business sense.

Baker doesn't have the goods at LT. Make him a RT and he'll be stellar. Keep him and LT and we'll keep seeing Ryan get hit in the back, pressured and forced to throw sooner than he wants and shorter than he wants.

There will be very viable options at LT in this draft and in the 20's. We may have to trade up to get Derrick Sherrod but he'd be exactly what we need at LT. Re-sign Blalock, get Hawley in there and then you'd have Clabo at RG or whoever if he wanted to walk and then Baker at RT--where he's much better suited...

I think Sherrod will be on the board when we pick