Hopefully he will be the only back up DE next year with one of these.

Kroy sure does take alot of grief for alot of fair weather fans. He is a freaking 5th round draft pick....whos outplaying your 1st rounder, along with sidbury and davis. There are alot of people to blame for the performance of this team vs GB.

Ryan, the O line, LB and DB who wiff at a QB when hes caught flat footed when they blitz, along with the D Line, and self proffessed blame goes to the coaches as well....

and you wanna complain because because he has a "Fat Head wall poster" suck it up Ice boy

Whoa there Chief.

I never stated he was bad, just that he needs to be a back up. I think the fact that Kroy started says enough about our need at DE.

If you honestly think we don't need an upgrade at DE, you are high as a kite.

We probably could use an upgrade at DT as well, but our rotation did ok this year and I think DE is more of a glaring need.

And did I complain that he had a fathead? Go be a KCfan elsewhere.

Edited by IceFalcon

They were calling for Abe head last year. But the fact is abe is a proven pass rusher. Kroy gets alot of sacks and big plays because some teams just dont block him. Noo really on four occasions last year kroy went unblock and made a play. But thats just doing his job if the fail to block him why not make a play.

I wish others with stronger physiques and greater football skills had Biermann's desire and willingness...

However, Biermann simply isn't big or strong enough to be an every down NFL DE. To no fault of his own (genetics) he simply cannot hold up against 300+ pound tackles for an entire or most of a game. Where he about 2-3 steps faster you might be looking at pretty darn good inside linebacker.

He's a special teams star and a great rotational guy but clearly we need a top notch DE or we'll be once again discussing--and complaining--about this inadequacy this time next year.

Edited by Quarterback

I wish others with stronger physiques and greater football skills had Biermann's desire and willingness...

However, Biermann simply isn't big or strong enough to be an every down NFL DE. To no fault of his own (genetics) he simply cannot hold up against 300+ pound tackles for an entire or most of a game. Where he about 2-3 steps faster you might be looking at pretty darn good inside linebacker.

He's a special teams star and a great rotational guy but clearly we need a top notch DE or we'll be once again discussing--and complaining--about this inadequacy this time next year.

Exactly, his tackles and sack numbers went down when he was plugged in as a starter and that's a clear sign he is just a rotational guy

Although his #'s were not huge, he impacted games ...........hard to have huge sack #'s on a team that rushes three alot ......let's not forget this is his first year as a starter ...I expect him to get better, but yea, we need another quality pass rusher in the rotation ....can't have too many of them, just ask the Giants .....

I dont think Kroy has many flaws in his game right now and his motor is non-stop, he is just not playing in a system that utilizes his skill-set. As an outside LB speed blitzer in a 3-4 alignment, Kroy would be a pro-bowler.

He would make great trade bait to a team that runs a 3-4 defense in exchange for picks or players who are better suited to our 4-3.

I like Kroy, i'm just being real. We've got a lot of talent on this Falcons team, but our schemes and alignments keep alot of them from reaching thier potential.

Change the system, or bring in players fitted for the one we use.

Edited by HouseofEuphoria

Kroy is a marginally talented player that tries hard. As somebody pointed out, almost every play he made this year happened when the other team simply forgot to block him. The guy was pretty close to zero for the season when there was actually a body in front of him.

The funny thing is those "analyst" over at PFF will tell you he had a great year. I've stopped paying attention to those guys.

I dont think Kroy has many flaws in his game right now and his motor is non-stop, he is just not playing in a system that utilizes his skill-set. As an outside LB speed blitzer in a 3-4 alignment, Kroy would be a pro-bowler.

He would make great trade bait to a team that runs a 3-4 defense in exchange for picks or players who are better suited to our 4-3.

I like Kroy, i'm just being real. We've got a lot of talent on this Falcons team, but our schemes and alignments keep alot of them from reaching thier potential.

Change the system, or bring in players fitted for the one we use.

Perhaps, but most OLB's at some point also have to cover backs and tight ends and I'm not so sure Biermann has sufficient speed to do this.