Falcons To Stay The Course

Blank, TD and Smitty will not go into a state of message board panic and blow this team up. Trust me. Don't expect them to fire BVG or Mularkey. Ryan or Turner. TonyG, Jenkins or any other players or coaches you guys want run off.

They are very close and will stay the course. Unlike most message boarders they realize they are the winningest team in the NFC, and the third winningest team in the NFL over the last three seasons.

They also realize the NFC Championship was won by ten different teams over the last ten years. As they fly out to Hawaii this week with eight players and the entire coaching staff, I'm sure they are thinking, screw the message board GMs, we ain't startin over. We can be next.

Most of the ten games that were won in the first three rounds of the 2010 playoffs were won by running the ball, stopping the run and having a defense that got turnovers and stopped teams when they turned it over.

We already run the ball, stop the run and get turnovers. Why should we blow that up?

We just need to improve our defense so it's on the level of teams like PIT, GB, NYJ and CHI so we can stop teams when we turn the ball over.

The way to do that is with pressure. Pressure will make most QBs look bad and our DBs look good. I don't mean whiff pressure like we had against Brees and Rogers. I mean sacks, hits and hurries. Once we fix that we will win playoff games and get what we all want. That can be fixed in one season by adding one or two players. We will add some players. Hopefully the right ones.

We have laid the foundation and built the walls. We need to put the roof on, not tear down the walls and start over! I am pretty sure that is the master plan. You blow it up now guys will probably be disappointed.

so since you mentioned nothing about the offense, i guess you are satisfied with the playcalling huh??mularkey has called some real dumb calls in many many games this season. His plays are not challenging, they are reptitious, so defense's know what to look for. How many times have we seen that matt rollout, that won the game for us against baltimore, but tramon williams picked off and took to the house in the playoffs???Reptitious...If you gonna run that play again, at least roll matt out to his strong side and have someone streaking up the field along with another going to the sideline. Come on man...

Blank, TD and Smitty will not go into a state of message board panic and blow this team up. Trust me. Don't expect them to fire BVG or Mularkey. Ryan or Turner. TonyG, Jenkins or any other players or coaches you guys want run off.

They are very close and will stay the course. Unlike most message boarders they realize they are the winningest team in the NFC, and the third winningest team in the NFL over the last three seasons.

They also realize the NFC Championship was won by ten different teams over the last ten years. As they fly out to Hawaii this week with eight players and the entire coaching staff, I'm sure they are thinking, screw the message board GMs, we ain't startin over. We can be next.

Most of the ten games that were won in the first three rounds of the 2010 playoffs were won by running the ball, stopping the run and having a defense that got turnovers and stopped teams when they turned it over.

We already run the ball, stop the run and get turnovers. Why should we blow that up?

We just need to improve our defense so it's on the level of teams like PIT, GB, NYJ and CHI so we can stop teams when we turn the ball over.

The way to do that is with pressure. Pressure will make most QBs look bad and our DBs look good. I don't mean whiff pressure like we had against Brees and Rogers. I mean sacks, hits and hurries. Once we fix that we will win playoff games and get what we all want. That can be fixed in one season by adding one or two players. We will add some players. Hopefully the right ones.

We have laid the foundation and built the walls. We need to put the roof on, not tear down the walls and start over! I am pretty sure that is the master plan. You blow it up now guys will probably be disappointed.

Problem is, pressure is hard to generate when your game plan is to rush 3 and drop 8 ........our game plan vs. GB was simply atrocious, especially on defense, where BVG was totally unprepared for GB's 5 wide sets ...there is no farking excuse to have 3 LBers on the field, I know Williams was hurt, but where the fk is our dime package at ? .....why wasnt Coleman out there ? ...and to spy Rogers the whole game ? .....I just don't get it .......... :angry:

so since you mentioned nothing about the offense, i guess you are satisfied with the playcalling huh??mularkey has called some real dumb calls in many many games this season. His plays are not challenging, they are reptitious, so defense's know what to look for. How many times have we seen that matt rollout, that won the game for us against baltimore, but tramon williams picked off and took to the house in the playoffs???Reptitious...If you gonna run that play again, at least roll matt out to his strong side and have someone streaking up the field along with another going to the sideline. Come on man...

You can come on man till the cows come home but it's not going to change or effect the front office decisions of this team. 3 straight winning seasons, 13-3 HFA and number 1 seed. Tweaks will be made but if anyone honestly thinks there's going to be major changes they are fooling themselves and wasting their time complaining here.

Which is why this team will continue to Choke in the playoffs.

I have to laugh about the way some fans are still freaking out about the GB game. The FACT is that if you could have added one more really good pass rusher to the defense that was out there, the entire tempo of that game would have changed and perhaps even the outcome. I am convinced that the Falcons will not only add that pass rusher, but go a lot further than that.

I have to laugh about the way some fans are still freaking out about the GB game. The FACT is that if you could have added one more really good pass rusher to the defense that was out there, the entire tempo of that game would have changed and perhaps even the outcome. I am convinced that the Falcons will not only add that pass rusher, but go a lot further than that.

umm, good pass rushers would not have helped the offense. They had roddy and the running game shut down. Mularkey did nothing to scretch the field to open up the defense. We have HD out their for basically no reason. His abilities are not being used fully.

I'm more curious what happens if/when we are sitting here in the same spot after next season. This offseason will tell the tale. If the talent we have is so great and just needs tweaking, they should be winning playoff games. They had a perfect situation this year and blew it.

Next year won't be as easy, for sure, and if they don't make significant improvements, we could be sitting in third place in this division. The Saints aren't going anywhere, and the Bucs are already climbing our backs. Adding draft picks and waiting for them to develop isn't going to cut it at this point. They have to be aggressive in FA if we are going to remain at the top of the division.

We need a DE, a space eating NT, a safety to replace DeCoud, a legitimate deep threat WR, and a burner RB to replace Norwood. On top of that, the OL has to be sorted. The RB can be had in the draft, but I think it's unrealistic to think that any of the other positions will make a significant impact as a rookie.

Bro, why the helll shouldnt we be freaking out ? ....what is your opinion of our defensive game plan vs. GB ? ....I would like to know ..no one loves the Falcons more than me, but we have to look at EVERYTHING with a critical eye to get to the next level IMO .......

I'm more curious what happens if/when we are sitting here in the same spot after next season. This offseason will tell the tale. If the talent we have is so great and just needs tweaking, they should be winning playoff games. They had a perfect situation this year and blew it.

Next year won't be as easy, for sure, and if they don't make significant improvements, we could be sitting in third place in this division. The Saints aren't going anywhere, and the Bucs are already climbing our backs. Adding draft picks and waiting for them to develop isn't going to cut it at this point. They have to be aggressive in FA if we are going to remain at the top of the division.

We need a DE, a space eating NT, a safety to replace DeCoud, a legitimate deep threat WR, and a burner RB to replace Norwood. On top of that, the OL has to be sorted. The RB can be had in the draft, but I think it's unrealistic to think that any of the other positions will make a significant impact as a rookie.

Thats what I'm saying, people don't realize we easily could have been 10-6 this year instead of 13-3 ...we were not blowing folks out, we were squeaking by ......we must UPGRADE alot of areas .......

I agree with the fundamentals of your post, but I do think that Jenkins is going to get replaced at number 2 WR.

I am hoping anyway.

im just wondering what makes you think a replacement will do better than him knowing our offensive scheme??I like mj12 and everything, but i could put that aside for lets say larry fizgerald, but im wondering what would be different if we got him??

Well said. We truly need to add some vet FA's that can make an instant impact. You can only wait for draft picks to develop for so long and if they never do develop, your wasting time. Now is the year to go a little heavy in FA.

im just wondering what makes you think a replacement will do better than him knowing our offensive scheme??I like mj12 and everything, but i could put that aside for lets say larry fizgerald, but im wondering what would be different if we got him??

I am not looking for the Falcons to do something as dramatic as Fitzgerald, just get a guy who is more versatile as a WR than Jenkins.

Jenkins can run about 5 patterns - skinny post, corner, out, curl,and fly. He is great at the skinny post and corner and just OK on the outs and curls. He runs the fly well but is absolutely terrible if he has to fight for the ball.

As a guy you can hit with a quick pass and expect him to get yards after the catch, Jenkins is completely worthless, he simply can't do it. The guy got like 30 YAC on his first catch of the season this year and I don't think he got 30 YAC combined for the rest of the season after that.

I just think the Falcons need a more versatile WR in his role.

Mostly, I am saying that Jenkins numbers aren't mediocre because of his "role", they are mediocre because he is a mediocre player.

A lot of teams have been finding good WRs in the middle and later rounds the last few years, TD needs to hit on one in this draft.

I thought a lot about this recently and came to the conclusion that after the Steelers played us, all I saw in ESPN comments about the game was "we need to get rid of Arians. He calls the same plays all the time. He's soo predictable. His playcalling is garbage" It was like looking into an AMFB mirror. I'm not saying that MM is the best playcaller out there, just that EVERY team has this same issue with their offensive coordinator.

Thats what I'm saying, people don't realize we easily could have been 10-6 this year instead of 13-3 ...we were not blowing folks out, we were squeaking by ......we must UPGRADE alot of areas .......

This is funny to me.

so we "squeaked" by huh?

So did the Steelers...and Packers

So did the Bears,

So did the Ravens

**** even the pats had a few games where they "squaked by".

In the nfl the difference between 3-13 and 13-3 is "squeaking by" you see it every year.

This is funny to me.

so we "squeaked" by huh?

So did the Steelers...and Packers

So did the Bears,

So did the Ravens

**** even the pats had a few games where they "squaked by".

In the nfl the difference between 3-13 and 13-3 is "squeaking by" you see it every year.

I see what you are saying ......but you missed my point ....

I thought a lot about this recently and came to the conclusion that after the Steelers played us, all I saw in ESPN comments about the game was "we need to get rid of Arians. He calls the same plays all the time. He's soo predictable. His playcalling is garbage" It was like looking into an AMFB mirror. I'm not saying that MM is the best playcaller out there, just that EVERY team has this same issue with their offensive coordinator.

Mularkey is doing what he can with his roster.

The OL is tough and mean but they are athletically limited.

Turner is a very good power back but not very versatile.

Jenkins is a limited player....lots of things he can't do.

Norwood lost for the season right away.

HD was a different guy after his knee injury.

The Falcons had no 3rd down back.....Snelling is a power back.

It sounds funny to say an offense with 5 Pro Bowlers was missing peices, but it's the truth. Mularkey did good with what he had.

Mularkey is doing what he can with his roster.

The OL is tough and mean but they are athletically limited.

Turner is a very good power back but not very versatile.

Jenkins is a limited player....lots of things he can't do.

Norwood lost for the season right away.

HD was a different guy after his knee injury.

The Falcons had no 3rd down back.....Snelling is a power back.

It sounds funny to say an offense with 5 Pro Bowlers was missing peices, but it's the truth. Mularkey did good with what he had.

I agree ....personnel wise we are not nearly as complete a team as most of our rose colored glass wearing homers think we are..beyond our front line talent, we are thin on the back end across the board .......

I agree ....personnel wise we are not nearly as complete a team as most of our rose colored glass wearing homers think we are..beyond our front line talent, we are thin on the back end across the board .......

I don't mean to take anything away from any of the Pro Bowlers, but the fact that 5 guys from the offense made the Pro Bowl is partially attributable to the Falcons being "top heavy".

I don't mean to take anything away from any of the Pro Bowlers, but the fact that 5 guys from the offense made the Pro Bowl is partially attributable to the Falcons being "top heavy".

Exactly ......TD must rise up as never before in 2011 if there is a 2011 ...we need another corner, another LBer, there will be major issues with the O-line, we need a true 3rd down/change of pace back, another big time WR, pass rushing help , I mean those here that think we are suddenly going to be a dynasty because we just went 13-3 have got a screw loose .......

Exactly ......TD must rise up as never before in 2011 if there is a 2011 ...we need another corner, another LBer, there will be major issues with the O-line, we need a true 3rd down/change of pace back, another big time WR, pass rushing help , I mean those here that think we are suddenly going to be a dynasty because we just went 13-3 have got a screw loose .......

I dont think LB is the high on the list of needs right now. Personally i think were going to see 2 big signing/trades this year and which were going to get a big time DE or a big time WR and then get an above average CB for the nickle spot. I dont think Grimes should be moved to nickle, he played his *** off this year and deserves the spot.

I dont think LB is the high on the list of needs right now. Personally i think were going to see 2 big signing/trades this year and which were going to get a big time DE or a big time WR and then get an above average CB for the nickle spot. I dont think Grimes should be moved to nickle, he played his *** off this year and deserves the spot.

Thing is, Petersons about done, Nicholas is a FA, and Spoon can't stay on the field .we need another good LBer in the mix IMO, but you are right, it is not our BIGGEST need ....